HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

2 minutes ago, TheLadyGator said:

I haven't done a tour before, but I'm going to for my birthday this year. What made Tomb of the Ancients so different that we couldn't tour it? Just curious. 

They generally won't do an Unmasking the Horror tour through a house that is mostly confined spaces. They need to fit 15 or so people wherever they stop to explain and Tomb of the Ancients would have been a really tight fit for the most part. The year before, Insidious was the tight fit house that they skipped.

1 hour ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

They generally won't do an Unmasking the Horror tour through a house that is mostly confined spaces. They need to fit 15 or so people wherever they stop to explain and Tomb of the Ancients would have been a really tight fit for the most part. The year before, Insidious was the tight fit house that they skipped.

Yup. This exactly..

We we got lucky and had a really small group. Worked out really well because we got crockolion selfies!

I hope they go back to the old tour too with unlimited picture opportunities.  That's why I do the tours.  My memories aren't good enough to justify the cost to just look at stuff that I'm already paying $100 per night to see.  They have some cool tidbits, but I'm not shelling out that money for IMDB Trivia type tidbits.

Last year the tour guides felt really bad since we all bought tickets PRIOR to the policy change.  They did very good tours and didn't mind if you happened to fall back a room or two ;-)    Was none too pleased to lug all my camera gear around 6 houses and were only allowed to take pics in 2.  

1 hour ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Yup. This exactly..

We we got lucky and had a really small group. Worked out really well because we got crockolion selfies!

It's a shame that I didn't notice the crockolion until my very last run through and only caught a small glimpse of him. What confused me was the statue on the opposite side that I thought was supposed to be him.

43 minutes ago, wow said:

I just realized that Sprung 1 housed Insidious & Tomb of the Ancients, and the rumored maze there for this year is the Vampire one. So we can most likely cross that out of the tour. If I had to guess Universal would choose to give Blumhouse a BTS tour over Saw since Saw isn't really as big of a property at the moment as say... Get Out or Sinister.

Sprung 2 had Insidious, which is where Conjuring is going. The Scarecrow maze appears to be in Tent 1 this year. 

Just now, ForeverEvil1 said:

Sprung 2 had Insidious, which is where Conjuring is going. The Scarecrow maze appears to be in Tent 1 this year. 

Sorry I got them confused; So do you think the Vampire maze or the Scarecrow maze is gonna be the claustrophobic one?

9 minutes ago, wow said:

Sorry I got them confused; So do you think the Vampire maze or the Scarecrow maze is gonna be the claustrophobic one?

Either/or, or neither. The only house we know that'll probably be the claustrophobic one is the Catacombs/Gothic crossover, and that's in a soundstage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wow said:

What Tobias said, honestly none of the themes particularly fit "claustrophobic" this year. Maybe Saw with use of some gags? But nothing entirely closed in like Tomb was.

Wonder what this means for the Universal Dark Universe.  Tangentially related to HHN since some are still speculating that a Mummy scare zone is possible and that Bride of Frankenstein which was to be released in 2018/2019 was a shoe in for a future house, but might not be on the table any more.

Talking with several film finance sources, Deadline reports that the Tom Cruise-led “The Mummy” reboot stands to lose an estimated $95 million off of a final estimated global box office tally of $375 million ($75M domestic, $300M overseas).

The film was the biggest global opening ever for Cruise at $169 million, but the number fell to $53 million in its second weekend and negative costs were high – a $195 million production cost and a further $150 million in distribution/ad expenses – totalling $345 million.

When you factor in estimated home rental revenue and take out the global exhibitors cut of the gross box-office revenue, the film is decidedly in the red (analysts say the film has to reach $450 million to break even) and won’t be helped by the opening this week worldwide of “Transformers: The Last Knight” which is expected to severely undercut the Mummy’s future box-office.

The new upcoming Saw movie, formerly known as Saw: Legacy, is now called "Jigsaw" and has a new logo 

Not that it matters a lot, but you think our Saw house will be called Jigsaw now like the new movie or it will be Saw with maybe some new subtitle? 

Edited by ScottEdmondson41
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

The new upcoming Saw movie, formerly known as Saw: Legacy, is now called "Jigsaw" and has a new logo 

Not that it matters a lot, but you think our Saw house will be called Jigsaw now like the new movie or it will be Saw with maybe some new subtitle? 

Well darn...I didn't know it was official that we were getting another Saw film this year, have heard the rumor like every year since the last one. Well yea with a release this year I am sure we are def getting a Saw house, which is my least anticipated house of the year...Anyways! Well I think it depends if the house will be primarily based off of this movie alone or a best of situation. If just this movie then I could see it being called Jigsaw if best of then Saw: Jigsaw Legacy or something

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Well darn...I didn't know it was official that we were getting another Saw film this year, have heard the rumor like every year since the last one. Well yea with a release this year I am sure we are def getting a Saw house, which is my least anticipated house of the year...Anyways! Well I think it depends if the house will be primarily based off of this movie alone or a best of situation. If just this movie then I could see it being called Jigsaw if best of then Saw: Jigsaw Legacy or something

This is one of those that could really work to what they want to do because they could make it off the new movie as an early preview type situation but like you said it could be a best of scenario and then the original working title Saw: Legacy would definitely work. I'm just glad it's coming back.

50 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Yeah there's one house I can skip in addition to AHS. More time to go through Shining, Bayou and Scarecrow.

With the Evil Dead house, is anything actually known as to whether it's false advertising? I tried to find Ash vs. Evil Dead but couldn't find anywhere unfortunately.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Yeah there's one house I can skip in addition to AHS. More time to go through Shining, Bayou and Scarecrow.

With the Evil Dead house, is anything actually known as to whether it's false advertising? I tried to find Ash vs. Evil Dead but couldn't find anywhere unfortunately.

The most common rumor is that it will be called Ash vs Evil Dead but based off of Evil Dead 1 & 2. However, there has been a rumor for Hollywood that their house will be based off of the actual show.

I feel like I'm the only person excited for Saw since I missed HHN19; anyone got any info on how that house was?

Edited by wow
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, wow said:

The most common rumor is that it will be called Ash vs Evil Dead but based off of Evil Dead 1 & 2. However, there has been a rumor for Hollywood that their house will be based off of the actual show.

I feel like I'm the only person excited for Saw since I missed HHN19; anyone got any info on how that house was?

As a fan of the series I loved the house at 19, and looking forward to what this one could be.

The one in 19, the facade was like a steel mill warehouse in the jaws queue. You enter and see jigsaw in his lair with security cameras/tvs displaying different victims in different traps. The rest is walking through moments from the films watching victims in the traps. You see Adam in the bathroom with his foot chained to the wall, Amanda with the reverse bear trap, the barb wire trap from part 1, head trapped in a box from part 5 etc. Then in the end you're chased out by pig masked jigsaw. Billy the puppet also had a scare where he would roll out and blast you with air.

hey long time lurker...first time responder. Just wanted to add that I heard if you were a fan of the series the Saw house was great but a lot of the traps relied on timing and it was possible to have a run through without seeing many or any of those traps going off.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wow said:

I've only seen Saw and parts of Saw II so I'm not too excited IP-wise but I honestly think the house will surpass everyone's expectations. I have a lot of faith in that the creative team and the fact that they're tackling this house a second time, any misteps will be corrected. 

40 minutes ago, rockingamer17 said:

As a fan of the series I loved the house at 19, and looking forward to what this one could be.

The one in 19, the facade was like a steel mill warehouse in the jaws queue. You enter and see jigsaw in his lair with security cameras/tvs displaying different victims in different traps. The rest is walking through moments from the films watching victims in the traps. You see Adam in the bathroom with his foot chained to the wall, Amanda with the reverse bear trap, the barb wire trap from part 1, head trapped in a box from part 5 etc. Then in the end you're chased out by pig masked jigsaw. Billy the puppet also had a scare where he would roll out and blast you with air.

Oh; that seems like a pretty good house though but I can see how people hated it if they missed the traps

49 minutes ago, rockingamer17 said:

Completely agree.  This house had some very solid scares and "sneak attack" surprises.  I accidentally fell backwards into someone and we both hit the ground.  That hasnt happened to me before in 19 years of going.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, traveller said:

you have to use the Loews site  https://uo.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UEPBH,UEHRH,UERPR

They are going fast.

Pay attention to the rates though...they might not be cheaper!!!

For example, I am staying 18 nights. The APH rate for Cabana Bay Poolside Room (the cheapest room type left) is $2781. The NON-APH rate is $2356. I would be saving $425 NOT using the APH rate! 

So, just check all your options. If your staying for 7 or more nights, it might be cheaper to do without the APH rate and use the standard "Stay More, Save More" rate.

38 minutes ago, Badge said:

Pay attention to the rates though...they might not be cheaper!!!

For example, I am staying 18 nights. The APH rate for Cabana Bay Poolside Room (the cheapest room type left) is $2781. The NON-APH rate is $2356. I would be saving $425 NOT using the APH rate! 

So, just check all your options. If your staying for 7 or more nights, it might be cheaper to do without the APH rate and use the standard "Stay More, Save More" rate.

My guess is you could save more money using APH rates and breaking it up into 2 or 3 separate reservations and then just have them combine it whenever you check. The money may not be worth the trouble to you though.

Until Saw is officially announced I hope it's not coming. Appreciate that you need to cater for everyone's tastes (and if the rumoured list IS right it ticks nearly everything on my most wanted list), but for me the first Saw film was a great unique concept, but the second was just gore for gores sake. Not bothered watching the rest. However, if it is coming then I'll force myself to watch all of them before going. If you're gonna do HHN gotta do it right! Haha

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wow said:

That won't make anyone--fans or GP--angry. :roll eyes:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

That won't make anyone--fans or GP--angry. :roll eyes:

I'm an Evil Dead fan to the core. I'll enjoy it either way but I'd like them to at least call it what it actually is though.

4 hours ago, Roadkill013 said:

hey long time lurker...first time responder. Just wanted to add that I heard if you were a fan of the series the Saw house was great but a lot of the traps relied on timing and it was possible to have a run through without seeing many or any of those traps going off.

It was fun to see the movies made into real life. I'm pretty sure the house is on YouTube, but it was one of those houses that wasn't nearly as good because you could miss some of the good stuff.

• Like 1