Which Horror Movie would you like to see as a house this year?

JCB

Didn't Howl-O-Scream do a Grudge house?

I know Knott's Scary Farm over here in California had a Grudge house for a few years before Quarantine, it looked okay from the video I've seen of it. Quarantine was okay, too.. although when I went through that one, the zombies were pretty low energy and one of the props wasn't working properly. But, I liked it all in all.

Pumpkinhead would be nice, although a little hard to pull off for the creature itself, and I don't think it's a Universal property... although Sci-Fi/SyFy did show the third and fourth films from time to time and its quality seemed to reek Sci-Fi Original Movie. But I'd also like Jeepers Creepers...

...I just like monster movies.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree with Lyn on the Halloween house as long as we're talking the 1978 version.

Personally, I would love to see The Descent made into a house. Dark, creepy caves with weird creatures running around, yeah, that would be amazing.

ok I just saw the movie Pandorum

and I have to say, this movie is Perfect for a house at HHN, if you haven't seen the movie, is like event horizon or Alien but with the Descent monsters instead of aliens, The sets looked just like that awful interstellar terror house of 08, and this movie is 10 times better than Event Horizon, also the creatures are right up HHN's alley sort of speak, i don't know if much people didn't like the movie or not, but i think it could be a good house, I was expecting something like this when i heard of interstellar terror, if that house had monsters like in Pandorum it would have been easily the scariest house of 08,

Edited by black7mask

I really think they should do a house with the movie Jeepers Creepers, that movie still scares the shit out of me it would be perfect for a haunted house. You can have a room with the church basement where he kept all of his bodies and you can have the diner scene, the part where they were at the jailhouse. Ah it would just be epic! Another house ive always wanted to see is Stephen Kings IT, i think it would be a really cool house and that was my first horror i saw and im still freaked out about clowns lol

I really think they should do a house with the movie Jeepers Creepers, that movie still scares the shit out of me it would be perfect for a haunted house. You can have a room with the church basement where he kept all of his bodies and you can have the diner scene, the part where they were at the jailhouse. Ah it would just be epic! Another house ive always wanted to see is Stephen Kings IT, i think it would be a really cool house and that was my first horror i saw and im still freaked out about clowns lol

Yep that movie is so messed up, i love it, the sequel was so-so, but the first one is so good, the creeper is definitely one of the scariest and most interesting monsters of horror, i would kill for a creepers house, the movie has so many epic moments,it would definitely scare me, just thinking about it gives me chills, lol at the end of the house the jeepers creepers song could be playing :)

( did you know the first movie was filmed in Florida? interesting fact, when i saw it i always thought those backgrounds looked familiar, and very creepy, specially with the church.

Also they are making jeepers creepers 3, with the girl from the 1st one, im exited about it)

Stephen King, yeah a lot of people agree, i think they should do a house with all his movies, each room for each movie.

Edited by black7mask

Yep that movie is so messed up, i love it, the sequel was so-so, but the first one is so good, the creeper is definitely one of the scariest and most interesting monsters of horror, i would kill for a creepers house, the movie has so many epic moments,it would definitely scare me, just thinking about it gives me chills, lol at the end of the house the jeepers creepers song could be playing :)

( did you know the first movie was filmed in Florida? interesting fact, when i saw it i always thought those backgrounds looked familiar, and very creepy, specially with the church.

Also they are making jeepers creepers 3, with the girl from the 1st one, im exited about it)

Stephen King, yeah a lot of people agree, i think they should do a house with all his movies, each room for each movie.

I did not know they were making jeepers creepers 3 thats sick (i just hope its better then the second one that sucked) but yea having the jeepers creepers song in the house holy shit that would be such a scary house i would love it

True Blood!!!

A house themed into the swamps of New Orleans. Populated by a cult of viscious vampires. Take a trip into Sookie Stackhouse's home where you see her old memories of the crazy stuff she saw in that house. That would make a great house..

True Blood!!!

A house themed into the swamps of New Orleans. Populated by a cult of viscious vampires. Take a trip into Sookie Stackhouse's home where you see her old memories of the crazy stuff she saw in that house. That would make a great house..

True Blood??? no offense but that sounds ridiculous the show has no concept and is just twilight with a twist.

Pan-s-labyrinth-pans-labyrinth-534284_800_602.jpg

...since the hint is already "trees", I think Pan's Labyrinth would be pretty awesome. There are really only a few real "sets" and not a ton of characters, but still....having a scaracter chase you with eyeballs in his hands in a funky white spandex suit would be pretty awesome!

This is an idea that i like and would support

Edited by dante

If there had to be a movie house, I would love a "House of 1000 Corpses" house but this would never happen as the film is outdated and not known outside of the horror community. I feel the closest we will ever get to it is Dungeon of Terror: Retold. :otis:

If there had to be a movie house, I would love a "House of 1000 Corpses" house but this would never happen as the film is outdated and not known outside of the horror community. I feel the closest we will ever get to it is Dungeon of Terror: Retold. :otis:

Rob Zombie made that house in Hollywood some years ago, I always wonder how was it, i would have loved to been there :(

Edited by black7mask

hey true Blood is not even close to Twilight, my wife watches it and I catch an episode hear and there. I hate twilight, Vampires don't sparkle in the sun, they burst into flames. at least in TB the vampire's don't go out during the day.

OK it's got a love story in it like twilight, that's the only comparison I see, and of course that there are werewolf's too. and yes I have seen the first 2 twilights unfortunately, I had too see it with my wife. the second only because my wifes girlfriend from out of town didn't come up opening weekend and my wife had already bought the tickets, I will not see the third one.

TB is a HBO property so I don't think we have to worry about a TB house. haveing the true blood drink would be kind of cool

True Blood??? no offense but that sounds ridiculous the show has no concept and is just twilight with a twist.

This is an idea that i like and would support

Not all of these are solely film related, but they’re ideas I’d like to see entertained regardless.

I agree: The Hills Have Eyes would make a really fun scare zone, and I’d love if they could figure out how to make the terrain more immersive, not particularly the sky but definitely the ground. It would be impossible to use real sand and pebbles because of the high traffic and because of normal park operation necessities, but the concept of a desert-canyon-esk scare zone is really chilling to me if the ambiance is right. And it’d be fun to hear “California Dreaming” piping through the street speakers.

Another agree: Silent Hill would make a phenomenal house, especially if they used the environment/set progression from the film’s story ark as a basic rubric for the various rooms. It’s clean, the harder work is already done for them, and there are a lot of effortless possibilities to work with. I think it could translate with much more dimension than some of the other popular game to cinema franchisees. Not to mention, who wouldn’t be afraid of a real life, studio quality props and prosthetics Pyramid Head. O_o

As for stories evolving through art and media idioms, I know most people’s primary candidate is Stephen King. To me, he’s a hard person to judge – Q: would he personally go for a full blown homage or house, A: who knows-. I’m not sure how the licensing of some of his characters has been dealt with in the past for HHN, but when it comes to film he’s had his few select beefs with the interpretation of his content and characters. Truly, I’d like to see his son, Joe Hill, get involved with HHN in some way shape or form. If anyone is into comics and has checked out Locke and Key, you can at least understand that this guy has imagination. Does not have the caliber of recognition that his father does, but I’d really enjoy seeing him utilized in a guest or honorary position for the future.

I would love to see 13 ghosts become a house, the Jackal is bad ass! Of Course Silent Hill. But I would love to see one based on Dog Soldiers since it's my favorite werewolf movie.

Someone else remembers 13 Ghosts! Awesome. lol

I watched "The Collector" over the weekend, and it wasn't awful. For those of you who haven't seen it, the basic gist is that a large, expensive family home is broken into and completely booby-trapped. In some ways, it felt really similar to the Saw films. However, I thought "The Collector" actually would lend itself better to a haunted house than Saw would, simply because of the nature of the traps.

LOVED that movie...rented it on a whim based on a Netflix "recommened if you like..." thing and was VERY pleasantly surprised. A masked guy following you...and seeing some of the people he already caught up with (trying not to give anything away) would be pretty sweet!

A bathtub scene would be required...as well as a chest (with a surprise inside). Could be epic :)

Edited by Oysterhead00

Repo! The Genetic Opera, fer sure.

Agree, Repo The Generic Opera but a show, If RHPS is not coming back I would love to see repo as a show, or the Creature from the Black Lagoon as a show to replace it, the problem is that Repo is not that known, I dont know if the general public would go for that

Have any of you ever seen the film "Trick R' Treat?" It's a fun, creative little film that basically tries to explain WHY we do the things we do at Halloween: carving and lighting jack-o-lanterns, giving out candy to trick-or-treaters, wearing costumes, etc. It's one of those films that will definitely put you in the Halloween spirit after viewing.

In 2008, HHN featured the "Skoolhouse" scarezone, which borrowed heavily from "Trick R' Treat." Why not utilize the movie to its fullest extent and use it as the basis for an entire house? I'm always a fan of tying the event back to its Halloween origins, and this might be a clever way of doing so. Some may argue that 2008's house, "The Hallow," was an attempt at telling a Halloween origin story, but "Trick R' Treat" might be a little more modern way of doing so.