Halloween: Hell Comes To Haddonfield

King_K.

ORLANDO, Fla., UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. (July 7, 2016) – Fans may have thought it was over, but he’s still out there. This fall, Michael Myers will make his return to Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood’s Halloween Horror Nights in an all-new maze inspired by the second film in the classic horror series, “Halloween.”

The iconic horror film sequel continues the story of masked killer, Michael Myers, as he stalks an entire town and relentlessly pursues his victims. Now, his focus turns to guests as Universal joins forces with Compass International Pictures to bring the haunting film’s most suspenseful and terrifying moments to life at Halloween Horror Nights.

At both Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood, Michael Myers returns in Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddonfield – a maze that’s bigger and filled with more menacing scare-actors than the original, top-rated “Halloween” maze. It will begin with the final scene from “Halloween,” where Michael Myers is presumed dead after falling from a bedroom window – only to disappear from the ground. Guests will dodge Myers’ lethal knife at every turn as they step into iconic scenes from the film – all culminating in a horrifying finale.

Here's the official Close Up blog that Mike wrote about the announcement. UO Close-Up Blog.

1 minute ago, criticalanalysis said:

Awful name, it's really Hollywood like of them. Complete crap. House should be good but won't be as good as the first.

I actually think Hell Comes To Haddonfield is a fantastic title. Especially considering the fiery finale.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, King_K. said:

I actually think Hell Comes To Haddonfield is a fantastic title. Especially considering the fiery finale.

It's a great title...if it were an original spin on the Halloween franchise...or a best of.

It would be like naming the other IPs "TCM: Leatherface Awakens" or "The Exorcist:  The Possession of Regan".  Nothing bad about them, but if you're doing a house for a particular film, changing the name to anything but the title is a bit of a cop out and I hope it's not a trend.  From what we've heard, if ANY IP were to have a made up subtitle it should be the Exorcist because it's "going off script" and interpreting some scenes for the house.  (I could be wrong, but I think Dracula Untold had a subtitle too...but it wasn't even released yet so I didn't really care.  ha ha ha)

It was confusing when it was announced and I think a lot of people will be mad that it was a misleading trick and they'll feel like "It was just the second movie" or "Wasn't last year's maze in Haddonfield?  Wasn't hell already there?".

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 2

Haha, I think you've overthought that a lot.

It's a simple sub-title that makes sense knowing how the movie ends. I don't think the fans or general public will be that confused, considering the fact that all the press releases and blog state pretty clearly that it's based on the original sequel to Halloween. Remember that even though a house may be based on an established property, that every house HHN does is still their own interpretation.

• Like 1

It appears that Halloween 2 is going to be in the Parade Building. To be honest, when I heard all of the rumored houses, I felt this house would be perfect in the parade building. I expect (and hope) that the scenery will be really nice, creepy, and eerie!

So would being in the parade building rule out any use of real fire for Michael's "fiery end"? My inner pyromaniac would love to see some real fire in the house, but considering they haven't used any since what Cindy's house was called (I missed that year, but remember it being reported), I'm not holding out hope. 

Needless to say, hope this is just as good as the first. Hospitals are already kinda creepy to me, add Mr. Meyers and I'm sure I'll be screaming my head off. 

48 minutes ago, faceleg said:

So would being in the parade building rule out any use of real fire for Michael's "fiery end"? My inner pyromaniac would love to see some real fire in the house, but considering they haven't used any since what Cindy's house was called (I missed that year, but remember it being reported), I'm not holding out hope.

Yep. Orfanage had fire cause parts of the old Jaws extended queue were mostly open-air.

32 minutes ago, King_K. said:

Yep. Orfanage had fire cause parts of the old Jaws extended queue were mostly open-air.

That's what I was figuring. I couldn't remember where it was but I knew it was "outside". Oh well, hopefully it will look as good as the fire in TWD attraction out west. I mean the fire effect in Evil Dead was decent, so they are capable. 

3 hours ago, King_K. said:

Haha, I think you've overthought that a lot.

Yeah, I realized my Analysis was a little Critical while I was typing it :)

It just reminded me of back in the VHS days where companies would re-release movies with a new title.  Like take some generic horror movie with a serial killer, and re-name it Shocker 5:  The Chair.  Or take some cheap ass direct to video T&A movie and pay National Lampoon's a few bucks to let you put that in front of the title fooling you into thinking you're getting something good like Vacation.

If you're going to do a movie, let alone one with umpteen sequels, say what it is.  

I'm THRILLED to have it and loved the movie (I think the claustrophobic feel and the general un-ease most people have with a hospital were brilliant) just didn't like the subtitle. 

Edit - Yes, I'm still bitter for renting those movies thinking they were something else.  For all the millennials here:  Yes, renting movies used to be a thing.  Damn I'm old....

Edited by Oysterhead00
Making fun of myself
  • Like 2

I feel like there going to have the climax of the first film in the beginning of the maze. They could recreate the closet scene so that way no one gets mad because that scene wasn't in Michael Myers Comes Home. We could also see a hospital facade inside the maze. This should be really interesting. I hope they really capture the spirit of the film like the first one in last year.