Halloween: Hell Comes To Haddonfield

King_K.

9 minutes ago, Henry14 said:

I feel like there going to have the climax of the first film in the beginning of the maze. They could recreate the closet scene so that way no one gets mad because that scene wasn't in Michael Myers Comes Home. We could also see a hospital facade inside the maze. This should be really interesting. I hope they really capture the spirit of the film like the first one in last year.

Wrong park comprende. Which really proves my point they should have called Orlando's Halloween 2 and let Murdy do his subtitle stuff in Cali.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

Last night Murdy said the Hollywood maze was going off script for the ending which he called a "surprise". 

I asked him if the Orlando house would have the same surprise ending, he said no, but that Mike had a great ending as well.

I really don't like the Hollywood event.

7 hours ago, Ecto_Freak said:

I have a feeling this might have the same layout as Forsaken in 2010.. Small rooms then a massive facade.

^ agreed

Absolutely loved the first house, so this can only be awesome. So since there is some house buildup, what I would hope is that they make the start of the hospital scenes with a big huge open eerie hospital parking lot scene (like what they did with the courtyard scene in forsaken) 

latest?cb=20091111041446

Edited by electraheart
  • Like 1

After Arsik_22's post, I downloaded the Frequent Fear Podcast and gave it a listen (while multitasking at work so I'm sure I missed some good bits).

The big takeaway I got about Halloween (and this is SLIGHTLY spoilerish if you're really sensitive to that):

The house begins in the bedroom that Michael crashes through the window/door and falls at the end of the first movie.  We will then "walk through that window" and "eventually" make our way to Haddonfield Memorial Hospital where a huge facade will be built in the middle of the house. 

Aiello seemed particularly interested in the "imprint of Michael in the grass" so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there's a room with a grass patch in the middle (probably roped off with police line tape or something) with an imprint in it.

He also then says they are doing some "theatrics" of the fire scene from the end of the film.

Also, I'm pretty sure he said something about having "Loomis shoot at Myers again this year" so that was an interesting bit with all the speculation about no guns appearing at this year's event.

Link to podcast: http://frequentfear.libsyn.com/

1 hour ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Aiello seemed particularly interested in the "imprint of Michael in the grass" so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there's a room with a grass patch in the middle (probably roped off with police line tape or something) with an imprint in it.

Let's hope that if they do have the grass imprint, it is more accurate than the 1 represented in the movie. Check out the size at :40 seconds and tell me that is what Michael looks like.

Another odd tidbit I've noticed from watching the movie quite a few times (which isn't represented in this clip below) is that Loomis actually shoots at Michael 7 times, not 6. . It is a neat trick though, because I think his gun only holds 6 bullets. He later insists that he shot him 6 times which is untrue.

• 4 weeks later...

This house will be freaking amazing.. I'm calling it now.. If it isn't.. I will cry. Real tears. Not fake ones. I'm looking forward to this house the most although the house I look forward to the most is usually my least favorite..

I need to brush up on my Halloween movies before I head to Florida though.. it has been awhile!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've really been enjoying this house so far. The casts have been on their A game and I manage to get scared at least two or three times per walk through. I also watched the movie for the first time a couple weeks ago, so I think that contributes to my liking as well. 

This is easily as good as the last Halloween house we got. Like before, it almost exclusively uses sound effects from the movies rather than modern stock sound effects like most houses use. There's a ton of actors for the space, with some creative hiding places.

And yes, the spectacular finale of Halloween 2 is represented well in here. I don't want to spoil it, but the room for it is incredible.

I didn't know that this house was based specifically on Halloween II until I was in the queue.  I heard the music and started to get excited that it might be, and then when I saw the sign I just started grinning and didn't stop until I was back in kid zone. Awesome house and a very pleasant surprise for me. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if anybody knows how many Mike Myers there are in the house. My friend and I went through the house and tried to keep count and then compare numbers. The caveat is that we still counted mannequins if they had the mask on. I came up with 20 and my friend came up with 18.