The Exorcist

King_K.

13 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I don't think this house will be mediocre or just ok. It will either be one of the best ever, or a collection of ideas that didn't work at all.

Completely agree the house will rise or fall solely on it's execution. It will be interesting, at least, to see where they go with it.

4 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Based on their execution of Alice in Wonderland last year I hope they learned their lesson about taking too many liberties with a property. 

I wouldn't have minded Alice if A they didn't look like comic book characters and B they house wasn't 3D. 3d could have worked but the costumes were just so silly it really felt more like you want to hug the actors than be startled.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JDW said:

I wouldn't have minded Alice if A they didn't look like comic book characters and B they house wasn't 3D. 3d could have worked but the costumes were just so silly it really felt more like you want to hug the actors than be startled.

Agreed. Though the best startle I had from that entire year was the one monster in the house whose eyes were at waist level. Startled the shit out of me! The last part of the house was great, that's how most of it should've been!

• Like 1

I would have loved the house if they alternated between the asylum Alice was in to the 3-D covered world of hers. That way the general feel of the house would be grisly, disorienting, and disturbing. I completely agree about the costumes too. The moment I saw Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum in that Christmas light room I almost laughed because they looked childish. It was the kind of house that had a great potential with it's material, and it would've been even greater had they executed the house differently.

• Like 2

On 5/20/2016 at 10:13 AM, PeoriaBJJ said:

DO NOT skip a house you really want to see bc of the lines. Get there when the gates open and run to the house. Literally run. I get the fast pass every year and any house I want to make sure to see twice in a night this is what I do. Run to it, then save the fast pass run for later.

Sums it up pretty well.

I usually tell friends that come to the event that stay and scream is their best friend, even if you have an express. Majority of the time you can knock out two to three houses less than an hour after gate open, letting you loosen your schedule a bit for the rest of night for shows or repeat runs. (..or finnegans)

• Like 1

• Mark M. unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

If anyone cares for some spoilers, Mike Aiello basically walks you through a couple of the Exorcist rooms in the latest episode of the ScareZone podcast. As someone who didn't make it through this film in one sitting, it sounds terrifying. They are definitely going with an abstract approach. I think A&D is gonna knock it out of the park with this one.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

tumblr_oaoakxQl1Z1qmxq3to1_500.jpg

That looks cool with it cut out of the wall with what looks like a red gel/filter set up.  Assume it will be back lit causing it to look pretty damn awesome!  Or possibly to make it look like it's fire if they have a combo of white and yellow lights alternating/flickering through the filter.

I  know there is a 0.000000001% chance of this even possibly mattering a tiny bit....but after the whole Scream Fiasco seeing something about this on TV made my heart jump just a bit.

http://www.fox.com/the-exorcist

Widely regarded as the greatest horror movie ever made, “The Exorcist” broke box office records and terrified audiences around the world. Now, more than four decades after the Academy Award-nominated film, THE EXORCIST returns as a TV series. Directed by Rupert Wyatt (“Rise of the Planet of the Apes”), THE EXORCIST is a propulsive psychological thriller following two very different priests tackling one family’s case of horrifying demonic possession.

FATHER TOMAS ORTEGA (Alfonso Herrera, “Sense8,” “The Chosen”) is the new face of the Catholic Church: progressive, ambitious and compassionate. He runs a small but loyal parish in the suburbs of Chicago. He has no idea that his quiet life is about to change forever. Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, another priest finds himself locked in a life-and-death struggle with evil.

FATHER MARCUS BRENNAN (Ben Daniels, “Flesh and Bone,” “House of Cards”) is a modern-day Templar Knight, an orphan raised since childhood by the Vatican to wage war against its enemies. Father Marcus is everything Father Tomas is not: relentless, abrasive and utterly consumed by his sacred mission. Caught in the middle is the RANCE family, members of Tomas’ parish. On the surface, they’re a normal, suburban family, but all is not as it seems in this household.

The patriarch, HENRY RANCE (guest star Alan Ruck, “Spin City,” “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off”), is slowly but surely losing his mind.

Eldest daughter KATHERINE (Brianne Howey, SCREAM QUEENS) has become a recluse who refuses to leave her room. Her younger sister, CASEY (Hannah Kasulka, “The Fosters”), thinks she’s hearing strange noises coming from inside the walls. 

And mother ANGELA (Academy Award and Golden Globe winner Geena Davis, “Commander in Chief,” “Thelma & Louise”) has been plagued by recurring nightmares, each more frightening than the last. Angela believes there is something in the house, a demonic presence, growing stronger by the day. Desperate, she begs Father Tomas for help, unwittingly setting the naïve young priest on a collision course with Father Marcus. Separately, each faces an insurmountable task, but together they become the only hope against an evil force that has been mobilizing for centuries.

14 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

I  know there is a 0.000000001% chance of this even possibly mattering a tiny bit....but after the whole Scream Fiasco seeing something about this on TV made my heart jump just a bit.

I saw this the other day and had a moment too. I didn't even know this was a thing, and I think it's really interesting that they're not pulling synergy at the event and doing something specifically for this incarnation (well, I say that, we don't really know).

IDK, since Aiello has specifically mentioned having Reagan in the house, and all the adverts relying on movie imagery, I just don't see them using the TV show since the plot seems like it's an entirely new story. Just my opinion

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, hhnfan95 said:

Looks like Hollywood pulled off their version, I wonder how Orlando's will be?!

If you mean being incredibly repetitive, a bunch of black hallways with the exact same scare put into them and way too many static figures put in it...then yes, they did pull it off.

Orlando has a chance to seriously outdo Hollywood like they did with Evil Dead and AWIL.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, foodstampsFTW said:

Actually no, our version of the Exorcist is disappointing from what I've heard. More bad than good, and some of the pics I've seen don't look good

Oh man! I guess that's price you must pay for a movie that takes place in one room. I get creative liberty and what not, but there are some things you  should just leave alone, The Exorcist being one of them.

It should just stick to being a filler scene in a best of horror movie house like Silver Screams & All Night Die In

• Mark M. changed the title to The Exorcist