The Exorcist

King_K.

Discuss all things pertaining to The Exorcist in here! 

ORLANDO, Fla., UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. (April 26, 2016) – For the first time ever, supernatural thriller, The Exorcist, will take possession of “Halloween Horror Nights” in all-new horrifying mazes opening at Universal Studios Hollywood and Universal Orlando Resort beginning this September.

The twisted minds behind the nation’s best, most intense Halloween events will bring to life one of the scariest and most nightmare-inducing horror films in history.

At Universal Orlando Resort, guests will see, hear, feel – and even smell – every iconic levitating, head-spinning, vomit-wrenching, skin-crawling moment from the film. They’ll be paralyzed with fear as they witness the power of the supernatural, scream uncontrollably as they become part of Regan MacNeil’s possession and run in terror as they try to escape the horrific battle between innocence and evil.

Universal Studios Hollywood’s “The Exorcist” maze will resonate as a real life interpretation of the demonic film, daring “Halloween Horror Nights’” guests to live the nightmare experienced by a tortured Regan and her determined mother. The maze will recreate some of the film’s most haunting scenes, ushering guests into its unparalleled terror as if their very souls were possessed by the devil.

Revered as one of the scariest movies of all-time, The Exorcist earned its place in history as the first horror film nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture. Directed by William Friedkin, the film also established itself as leading influence in pop culture horror, affecting a multitude of subsequent films since its terrifying debut in 1973.

Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” is the ultimate Halloween event. For more than 20 years, guests from around the world have visited “Halloween Horror Nights” in Orlando and Hollywood to become victims inside their own horror film. The streets of each coast’s event are transformed into highly-themed scare zones where menacing “scare-actors” lunge from every darkened corner. Multiple movie-quality haunted houses are erected throughout the event, based on anything from iconic slasher films to hit horror television series to haunting original stories.

Additional details about Universal Studios’ “Halloween Horror Nights” will be revealed soon. For more information about Halloween Horror Nights at either Universal Orlando Resort or Universal Studios Hollywood, visit www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com.

This announcement has actually inspired me to bring my years of lurking post-HHNVault to an end. I'm SO excited for this IP and I can't wait to see the treatment it gets as it's personally one of my favorite horror films (or any genre for that matter) of all time.

How awesome would it be if they found a way to send you down the iconic stairs into the house to meet Regan?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gambit said:

I'd bet money the facade for this house will look exactly like this famous scene from the movie and posters.

exorcist.jpg

If it does, anybody who does the UTH Tour (if it includes that house) needs to wear a similar hat and bring a bag/suitcase/something that seems similar in silhouette and have their picture taken like this.  PhotoShop could take care of the fog and turn down the brightness :) 

Edited by Oysterhead00
Fixed my stuttering typo
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

If it does, anybody who does the UTH Tour (if it includes that house) needs to wear a similar hat and bring a bag/suitcase/something that seems similar in silhouette and have their picture taken like this.  PhotoShop could take care of the fog and turn down the brightness :) 

You just perfectly described my Xmas 2016 card to the family! I do it every year with pics from UTH tours!

I'm trying to figure what the finale would be exactly.

I'm presuming it would be similar to the Halloween finale. Half scare, half show. Have the unpossessed Regan one side, while the newly possessed Karras first lunges at you, then comes to his senses, and plunges himself out of a "window".

I also thought of maybe we follow Karras out the window, but then I couldn't think of a way they would do that, so I pushed that to the side.

On May 5, 2016 at 1:57 AM, King_K. said:

I'm really interested on how they'll handle the effects in this house. The neck spin is infamous.

That... and I hope we get to see the staircase spider walk. That scene still gives me the heebie-jeebies after multiple viewings. 

3 hours ago, Reaper said:

That... and I hope we get to see the staircase spider walk. That scene still gives me the heebie-jeebies after multiple viewings. 

Hopefully, they can find a good contortionist to do the spider-walk scene. I think in the movie, they had a female contortionist do that scene on a harness and flying wires.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RockinSight said:

Hopefully, they can find a good contortionist to do the spider-walk scene. I think in the movie, they had a female contortionist do that scene on a harness and flying wires.

... Or they could use a puppet on a track with articulating arms and legs that pumps blood out of the mouth. Just seems more practical that way. Either way, I hope that scene makes it into the maze. :)

On 4/28/2016 at 11:16 AM, TheGreatDicktator said:

I'm curious to see how this how they pull this one off considering much of the film (specifically the scary moments) takes place in one bedroom. I have hopes for the house, however. They've always found ways of being creative.

As others have said, you'll probably just have multiple rooms in the house be the same bedroom, possibly from different points of view.  Asylum in Wonderland (I think) had this...I sure as hell didn't notice, until I went on the BTS Tour and not only saw the two hospital rooms but had it pointed out that one was before and after changing dimensions or whatever.  You'll probably go into a room with the vomiting scene, then another one with the head spinning scene, etc.

On 5/5/2016 at 2:57 AM, King_K. said:

I'm really interested on how they'll handle the effects in this house. The neck spin is infamous.

I HOPE it's a fake body with a "turntable" type thing with a scareactor kneeling on it with her able to trigger it as she wants.  It can't be spinning non-stop of course...

Unless they do what I HOPE they don't do, which is to have it be an animatronic dummy with a spinning head that will probably look as bad as the infamous "truck zombies".

Or, maybe a hybrid gag with real person, then a bright strobe followed by 4 sec of darkness where they swap in the spinning head thing.  Then a bright strobe > darkness to cover that back up and have the live scareactor.  One of the gags that you'd probably only catch every 4th time through our something.

On 5/8/2016 at 10:52 PM, Reaper said:

That will probably have to be a puppet/animatronic as I don't think any person could do it for more than a minute at a time and more than a few times per shift.  That could work pretty well if they have the strobes in full effect.  Less so if there aren't strobes.  Or maybe they'll bring my favorite thing, the image projection technology from Acid Assault, into a house and project it onto a wall/screen on a staircase.  Or maybe a mirror gag with miniatures like Gothic where you see it happening through a "window" or something.  I think is the hardest one to pull off.

• Like 1

As someone who never has the money to get fast passes, this is probably going to be the house to skip this year due to lines being outrageously long. It will probably be just like FvJ was last year, which is a shame since I would really like to visit this house.

Side note; if there's to be a Krampus house this year it would make the disappointment over not going into this house almost disappear completely

On 5/13/2016 at 11:47 AM, duh1011 said:

As someone who never has the money to get fast passes, this is probably going to be the house to skip this year due to lines being outrageously long. It will probably be just like FvJ was last year, which is a shame since I would really like to visit this house.

Side note; if there's to be a Krampus house this year it would make the disappointment over not going into this house almost disappear completely

This is sorta off topic, but you shouldn't expect to skip out on what may be one of the best houses in any given year due to the lines. If you check here before your trip, plenty will be able to help figure out an order to hit the houses that alleviates waits and ensures you see it all. It is 100% possible to see everything in one night, even on sold out nights. I know this from experience. 

On topic: this is one of my most anticipated IPs this year. The issue with most of the scary scenes being in one bedroom has been addressed many times, but it seems the guys and gals at A&D have taken some creativity and added some different aspects to the house to keep it from being stale. I'm very curious to see where this one goes, has potential to be strong, or totally flop.

DO NOT skip a house you really want to see bc of the lines. Get there when the gates open and run to the house. Literally run. I get the fast pass every year and any house I want to make sure to see twice in a night this is what I do. Run to it, then save the fast pass run for later.

• Mark M. changed the title to The Exorcist
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic