HHN Hollywood 2016 Speculation

I heard the front of park is going to be one giant scarezone and it will be purge. Came from a semi-creditable guy I know who works there, so we'll see. I heard chainsaws are planning on being all female, with some guys dressed as girls maybe (because of the female gang in the recent purge movie).

• Like 1

Happy 2016, everyone! Waiting in line at ScareLA for the panel. I'm super behind so I have no idea if it's already been hinted at or anything, but heard in the Face/Off panel that there was filming for a commercial in Mexico that some of the former contestants worked on for this year's HHN. O:

9 minutes ago, DTH316 said:

Could be epic, could be lame. Depends if they really immerse us in the (and for the billionth time I'm saying this on this forum) THEME!

Now I'm really excited for the Terror Tram announcement if it's not Purge.

Terror Tram won't be Purge, it's an original concept that John is working on with a "certain entity" 

While I prefer variety in scarezones and consider The Purge as a "lower tier" horror property, it will allow for a consistent and cohesive theme throughout the park.  The scarezone was done well last year.  

Should there be a separate topic for this announcement?

1 hour ago, DTH316 said:

Could be epic, could be lame. Depends if they really immerse us in the (and for the billionth time I'm saying this on this forum) THEME!

Now I'm really excited for the Terror Tram announcement if it's not Purge.

I think the immersion in the theme is what they'll (hopefully!!!) be aiming for with this. It's an "ultra scare zone" so I assume it will probably take up the 3 normal scare zone slots in the upper park area, so hopefully no matter where we go in the upper lot there will be some different, purge related group going at it. I think it has the potential to be really awesome, but it could also suck if they don't execute it properly.

• Like 2

wether based on the new film or not purge is a cop-out  one of the latest in a long line of worn out unscary films, not even should it have the audacity to be up there with the likes of freddy and michael and krampus

murdy the word creative is in your job title for a reason using the purge again on such a large scale isnt a creative choice its a cheap fast choice and a lame one could be the death of hhn if the lameness continues i run a travel company ive already had 27 people individually call to ask if they can change venues from hhn as they lost interest when the annoucment went live today. so as a business we lose money due to laziness to the horror fans the purge is not scary never was never will be you might as well have done a scarezone on hitchcocks birds or maybe just put all the old mazes back in from 10 years ago when the park had that flair to impress youve killed the scarezones youve killed the rip now it seems all thats left is for you to leave and give the job to someone younger who can make a better judgement on whats scary . but then from what ive heard that wont be long as hhn sales have dropped rapidly over the past few years yet universal cant understand why im guessing they will this year biggest drop off ever

maybe see you all next year when  theres a new creative director with some new vision for the future

39 minutes ago, ukdude said:

wether based on the new film or not purge is a cop-out  one of the latest in a long line of worn out unscary films, not even should it have the audacity to be up there with the likes of freddy and michael and krampus

murdy the word creative is in your job title for a reason using the purge again on such a large scale isnt a creative choice its a cheap fast choice and a lame one could be the death of hhn if the lameness continues i run a travel company ive already had 27 people individually call to ask if they can change venues from hhn as they lost interest when the annoucment went live today. so as a business we lose money due to laziness to the horror fans the purge is not scary never was never will be you might as well have done a scarezone on hitchcocks birds or maybe just put all the old mazes back in from 10 years ago when the park had that flair to impress youve killed the scarezones youve killed the rip now it seems all thats left is for you to leave and give the job to someone younger who can make a better judgement on whats scary . but then from what ive heard that wont be long as hhn sales have dropped rapidly over the past few years yet universal cant understand why im guessing they will this year biggest drop off ever

maybe see you all next year when  theres a new creative director with some new vision for the future

A bit harsh, kinda agree with you on the cop out, but the Purge is a recognizable brand that raked in millions at the box office and is pretty popular with the 18-25 age demographic Universal is enamored with. 

While I don't agree that this is the death of Horror Nights, it is pretty frustrating that the event has been so homogenous.

34 minutes ago, Ghostsarejerks said:

A bit harsh, kinda agree with you on the cop out, but the Purge is a recognizable brand that raked in millions at the box office and is pretty popular with the 18-25 age demographic Universal is enamored with. 

While I don't agree that this is the death of Horror Nights, it is pretty frustrating that the event has been so homogenous.

its shocking that 2007 had a better lineup in my opinion than what we currantly have 9 years on you think they would have relised this im starting to suspect there whittling out hhn at hollywood in favour of orlando as orlando still has rip etc all of which has been stripped from the hollywood lineup of packages and tickets

and back in 2007 yes there was a purge tram and yes it was boring compared to the rest, now  5 zones of the same thing over and over thats desensitizing not scary.

oh look another purger and another (murdy shouts in background shit what can we do with all these old purge costumes now the franchise is dead on the last film) answer hhn 26

i might have been a little harsh but the truth is the truth for the cost of the tickets vs what we got as far back as 2007 you would expect them to progress not go backwards even 2 or 3 scarezones but not just a constant reticate of the purge reincarnated year after year

i think murdy has lost the bite he used to have hes got old and his kids will affect his judgement he is no longer the kid with a wish to just terrify everyone young and old hes now the old guy thats starting to use words like COOL and SAFE out of context. ill be suprised if next year doesnt feature 1 giant maze and one giant scarezone all based on the purge.  before the costumes go into the archives where they belong and shoul have been for a long time

as for scary is anyone here really scared by the purge (answer not many i guess) its more of one of those films where you think well thats a good way of getting rid of the druggies not so much a scary film as a glimpse into the currant life in citys like turkey

Edited by ukdude
update

1 hour ago, ukdude said:

15 minutes ago, ukdude said:

its shocking that 2007 had a better lineup in my opinion than what we currantly have 9 years on you think they would have relised this im starting to suspect there whittling out hhn at hollywood in favour of orlando as orlando still has rip etc all of which has been stripped from the hollywood lineup of packages and tickets

and back in 2007 yes there was a purge tram and yes it was boring compared to the rest, now  5 zones of the same thing over and over thats desensitizing not scary.

oh look another purger and another (murdy shouts in background shit what can we do with all these old purge costumes now the franchise is dead on the last film) answer hhn 26

i might have been a little harsh but the truth is the truth for the cost of the tickets vs what we got as far back as 2007 you would expect them to progress not go backwards even 2 or 3 scarezones but not just a constant reticate of the purge reincarnated year after year

Both of these posts are complete jokes. I'll address this once but everyone should ignore this troll. First off, whether or not you find something scary is irrelevant, properties are chosen based off of how they can work at horror nights.

Second, don't try to tell us some bullshit about how you run a traveling agency and 27 people called in to switch locations off aid a scarezone. Even if you do work at a traveling agency and someone called to switch because of this, no fucking way that number is 27. And I just realized you can't book anything because tickets aren't on fucking sale yet, so I won't even get into how you'd lose money even though they would pay you to switch venues. 

Third, ticket sales have been rapidly falling, really, look at the lines and say that.

Fourth, I know it's your opinion but the lineup from 2007 was better. Even though 3/4 of the properties are being used this year with even more stuff. Idk even know what the hell your talking about with the 2nd and 3rd line from the 2nd post.

This is a thread for speculation and some discussion, not bullshit. You said some really fucking absurd things about Murdy and the team.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, foodstampsFTW said:

Both of these posts are complete jokes. I'll address this once but everyone should ignore this troll. First off, whether or not you find something scary is irrelevant, properties are chosen based off of how they can work at horror nights.

Second, don't try to tell us some bullshit about how you run a traveling agency and 27 people called in to switch locations off aid a scarezone. Even if you do work at a traveling agency and someone called to switch because of this, no fucking way that number is 27. And I just realized you can't book anything because tickets aren't on fucking sale yet, so I won't even get into how you'd lose money even though they would pay you to switch venues. 

Third, ticket sales have been rapidly falling, really, look at the lines and say that.

Fourth, I know it's your opinion but the lineup from 2007 was better. Even though 3/4 of the properties are being used this year with even more stuff. Idk even know what the hell your talking about with the 2nd and 3rd line from the 2nd post.

This is a thread for speculation and some discussion, not bullshit. You said some really fucking absurd things about Murdy and the team.

To add to your counter-argument, Foodstamps... He said there was a Purge Tram in 2007.. The Purge didn't even exist back in 2007.. How can you do a Terror Tram based on an IP that didn't exist at the time and wouldn't exist for another 6 years? 2007's Tram was Jack The Clown presents Freddy, Jason and Leatherface

Edited by horror lover
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, horror lover said:

To add to your counter-argument, Foodstamps... He said there was a Purge Tram in 2007.. The Purge didn't even exist back in 2007.. How can you do a Terror Tram based on an IP that didn't exist at the time and wouldn't exist for another 6 years? 2007's Tram was Jack The Clown presents Freddy, Jason and Leatherface

I know that's why I said I don't know what the hell he's talking about

• Like 2

UK Dude sounds like a good scareactor codename for how absurd this guy is though :-D

But it slightly sounds like "You Gay, Dude" and that probably gets shouted a thousand times at scareactors per night at HHN from tough guys trying to impress their girlfriends.

• Like 1

I just figured his name would give more belief that he is a travel agent.

i don't think he should be getting attacked though, I feel I spotted a troll and called him out on what he said before people actually start believing/trust what he says. It's just best to ignore this whole thing

5 hours ago, foodstampsFTW said:

I just figured his name would give more belief that he is a travel agent.

i don't think he should be getting attacked though, I feel I spotted a troll and called him out on what he said before people actually start believing/trust what he says. It's just best to ignore this whole thing

nope you didnt spot a troll im seroius, the 2007 on the terror tram was and unedited mistake ive visited hhn year after year with tours from here (im in hull uk by the way) and unfortunatly due to speed typing i made an error at  approx 4 am uk time not hard to do a lot of the tours i do are based around events across the globe trip advisor name the-reviewer-royal and i love taking pics of the events as i will still be doing this year at hhn as for the tickets we do a bulk sale in advance of travelling some people save with us for there flights and tours purely on the fact we no california and give a more personal touch we take a block sum in advance booking out the tickets as the event goes live for sale usually discounted in fairness due to connections. now yes i still insist the lineup was better in 2007 scarezones add a lot to hhn and over the years theres been some amazing ones but are you serouisly telling me that this year is going to be the best with a singular scarezone thats been overkilled to death (its like watching terminator salvation) murdy was always into horror and i have a pic here somewhere with me with him, then we have the death of the vip pass to say this is the year for the fans would be daft without the vip/rip pass (which orlando always has by the way)

and this year there will be another show hopefully bill and ted not the jaba i saw last time i was there

now unlike you lot the people from here pay

there basic ticket price or rip option 

there hotel the hollywood hotel cost   £1227 discounted deal this is a 2 week deal

there flights economy  norwegian air cost   £ approx 600 pp fluctuates

and they all watch this website and hhn im guessing as our october to november trip is based solely around halloween events (honestly in the uk halloween doesnt exisit anymore like out there to many idiots putting shit in candy ended that in the uk

when people are spending that much to travel to see an event in this case 4 events in our itinery this year included knotts, universal day and night, wehos carnival 31st (ill be the 6,4 grim reaper with a welsh accent should stand out), and the queen mary, plus a lot of smaller day tours in bettween and a few days for there own exploration.##

i should really in future spell check and edit my post but im stuck in my ways and most probably wont lol

as for the post picking up on my error thank you for pointing it out but a simple did you get your dates wrong would have surficed 

this year we are using norwegian air for our customers as they offer the cheapest fastest flight using the latest boeing dreamliner version 9

our clients average spend over a 2 week period in la in 5000 dollars

we do take them from the 26-28 to vegas and they usually spend a lot more

so no not a troll

accept the fact that without vip at least the night is not a good

accept the fact that purge does not have the cult following of any of the big 4

id prefer the best scarezones from over the years combined if its a show for the fans 

if this was a choice bettween purge zones and chucky zones those little chuckys would kick the purger ass all over and yes i think the purge is a little close to turkeys situation right now where the government is exicuting people for standing up to government in a so called purge of its unwanteds (read the news). seems a little crass for universal not to see that.

and why you flame an opinion must mean your right for those that flamed nonsense

Edited by ukdude

11 minutes ago, ukdude said:

nope you didnt spot a troll im seroius, the 2007 on the terror tram was and unedited mistake ive visited hhn year after year with tours from here (im in hull uk by the way) and unfortunatly due to speed typing i made an error at  approx 4 am uk time not hard to do a lot of the tours i do are based around events across the globe trip advisor name the-reviewer-royal and i love taking pics of the events as i will still be doing this year at hhn as for the tickets we do a bulk sale in advance of travelling some people save with us for there flights and tours purely on the fact we no california and give a more personal touch we take a block sum in advance booking out the tickets as the event goes live for sale usually discounted in fairness due to connections. now yes i still insist the lineup was better in 2007 scarezones add a lot to hhn and over the years theres been some amazing ones but are you serouisly telling me that this year is going to be the best with a singular scarezone thats been overkilled to death (its like watching terminator salvation) murdy was always into horror and i have a pic here somewhere with me with him, then we have the death of the vip pass to say this is the year for the fans would be daft without the vip/rip pass (which orlando always has by the way)

and this year there will be another show hopefully bill and ted not the jaba i saw last time i was there

there hotel the hollywood hotel cost   £1227 discounted deal this is a 2 week deal

and they all watch this website and hhn im guessing as our october to november trip is based solely around halloween events (honestly in the uk halloween doesnt exisit anymore like out there to many idiots putting shit in candy ended that in the uk

when people are spending that much to travel to see an event in this case 4 events in our itinery this year included knotts, universal day and night, wehos carnival 31st (ill be the 6,4 grim reaper with a welsh accent should stand out), and the queen mary, plus a lot of smaller day tours in bettween and a few days for there own exploration.##

i should really in future spell check and edit my post but im stuck in my ways and most probably wont lol

as for the post picking up on my error thank you for pointing it out but a simple did you get your dates wrong would have surficed 

this year we are using norwegian air for our customers as they offer the cheapest fastest flight using the latest boeing dreamliner version 9

so no not a troll

id prefer the best scarezones from over the years combined if its a show for the fans 

if this was a choice bettween purge zones and chucky zones those little chuckys would kick the purger ass all over and yes i think the purge is a little close to turkeys situation right now where the government is exicuting people for standing up to government in a so called purge of its unwanteds (read the news). seems a little crass for universal not to see that.

and why you flame an opinion must mean your right for those that flamed nonsense

I think it's ridiculous that you expect a horror event to not present properties that are politically sensitive, especially because The Purge is a giant critique of American government practices. The situation in Turkey is sad but in no way reflective of the Purge franchise, and honestly I doubt there are any Americans going to a seasonal Halloween event who are going to make any sort of connection like that. 

1 hour ago, ukdude said:

so no not a troll

Ladies and gentlemen, the annual TwoTonTick tradition continues. My troll senses are tingling like crazy. Spelling errors everywhere, inconsistent facts, bloody awful punctuation, completely unclear points….your spelling, grammar, and punctuation is so awful, it's probably why your country left the EU. I have no idea what you're…excuse me….what "your" saying. 

And for the record, I'm gonna go and have fun. I'm not gonna let some crazy Brit and his travel agency with ridiculous rates tell me this year sucks. Unless…..are you Doctor Who? Have you seen the event already? 

• Like 4

I don't know if anyone else saw the Horror Nights panel at ScareLA, but John said that the Purge zone on the upper lot is a self contained, pulsed attraction that is going to be on a set path. He said it's one direction with various scenes that starts at Parisian Square and continues through French Street, with the queue in Universal Plaza courtyard. So it's not just a park wide zone, but also a massive new outdoor walkthrough.

Also he said the Purge is going to occupy the lower lot and metro sets, so yeah, scareactors on the lower lot again.

Edited by Ghostsarejerks
More info
  • Like 3

I haven't seen any pictures of the location that is rumored to be AHS. But does anyone know if there is a facade going up yet? It seems like we are starting to get close to September and there hasn't been any sign of a facade, while most of the other mazes are far along with senic...