HHN 25 Scareactor Appreciation Thread

Ringwraith

A place to give recognition to those who work hard to ensure you have a good time. Try and post the date, time and location so set times are more evident.

EP Preview Night

Jacks 25 Years: Gargoyle stilt walker gave us quite the scare around 9:45

Psychoscareapy: Unleashed - Little girl walking around aimlessly holding her stuffed animal with her head down. Looked very creepy and had incredible patience and dedication to perform that way the whole night. (ironically not sure of time)

Edited by Ringwraith
  • Like 1

Psychoscareapy: The guy near the burning gazebo who was flicking his fingers like he was trying to light a lighter. Actually, I'd love to give props to everyone in this scare zone. Everyone I saw did an amazing job, especially the nurse holding the costume contest. 

If I may, I'd just like to give a general kudos to everyone working this year's HHN. I haven't gotten to see you all yet, but as a local scareactor myself (Local haunt), I know how hard it is to keep up the energy night after night and watch out for reckless guests who might let the fight part of their fight or flight response take control. I should know, one time a guy running by in my haunt tore a hole in my costume. 

Anyway, keep up the good work guys, and I hope to see some of you soon. 

Opening night:

In Monsters and Mayhem - The caretaker who I waved to and tipped his hat, made me so happy! Everyone in the Gothic room, I screamed so loud! The statue who I didn't even notice until it was in my face. 

In Freddy Vs. Jason - The Jason who waved to me, made my night. Also the Freddy who was in a middle of a fight with Jason then I screamed hi Freedy and he went over to me and reached over at me. 

In Body Collectors - The first body collector that came out, scared the shit out of me. 

In All Nite Die-In - Chucky thanks for stopping for a picture it was awesome meeting my favorite horror character. 

Pyschoscareapy - The random guy who ran up to me and asked if I wanted to see his pet rat. He was really funny. I loved how interactive and crazy the actors were in this zone. 

Opening Night:

All Night Die In - in the early hours of the event I was shazaming a song after leaving Run when "The Thing" scare actor slowly got near my face. I loved it so much haha

Monsters and Mayhem: I think it was around 8:00-8:30. I was passing through the Forsaken room when I accidentally walked into a boohole and one of the clown scare actors got me so good. It's difficult to get me to jump like that so props.

The Purge: I was walking through the room where the chainsaw purger is with the fridge and when I got to the transition, a girl (who I didn't realize then was a scare actor) asked me if I could go behind saying she got lost. When we reached the next room she was dragged out of line by another purge scareactor and I fully enjoyed that.

To every scare actor in Shadybrook: Unleashed, I loved every single one of you psychos! Keep acting insane and flipping your shit every time that gazebo explodes with fire haha!

• Like 3

Opening Night:

All Night Die In - in the early hours of the event I was shazaming a song after leaving Run when "The Thing" scare actor slowly got near my face. I loved it so much haha

Monsters and Mayhem: I think it was around 8:00-8:30. I was passing through the Forsaken room when I accidentally walked into a boohole and one of the clown scare actors got me so good. It's difficult to get me to jump like that so props.

The Purge: I was walking through the room where the chainsaw purger is with the fridge and when I got to the transition, a girl (who I didn't realize then was a scare actor) asked me if I could go behind saying she got lost. When we reached the next room she was dragged out of line by another purge scareactor and I fully enjoyed that.

To every scare actor in Shadybrook: Unleashed, I loved every single one of you psychos! Keep acting insane and flipping your shit every time that gazebo explodes with fire haha!

That girl in the purge man; I thought she was genuine. I was like oh yeah sure.  It happens. Holy cow did I scream. o-o

• Like 2

I know I gave my kudos to everyone, but when I went through RUN, I have to give credit to one of the guys in the black apron with a lightning bolt on it. He got me good and I'd later find out it's Andrew from the video someone posted in the thread. I reached out to him on YouTube and he said I fit in rather well with the theme of the house (Long 80s metal hair FTW)

Also, props to the Psychoscareapy guys once again. You psychotic bastards rock and I love you all. \m/

some shoutouts for 9/25

Icons: The Gluttony gal and the Voodoo practitioner who got Duffy and "attacked" him with their chainsaws and of course Lady Luck.

Scary Tales Screampunk: the hunter guy (don't know if he's supposed to represent a hunter in Little Red Riding Hood or Gaston seeing as Beauty and the Beast is covered) who called me out by the Figment moniker.

Run - Blood Sweat and Fears: One of the Canadian lumberjacks who said "wrong park" upon seeing my signature Mickey Mouse hat. and one of the Kabuki guys in the 2nd run in which he targeted Duffy.

Clowns: The Wheelchair clown who wanted to make Duffy even with him, and another one in front of The Simpsons in which he told Duffy that "he's done and toast" (not sure if this alludes to the fact that they're getting rid of Duffy's meet and greet at Epcot).

Freddy Vs. Jason: One of the Freddy characters who looked at Duffy and me and just waved his finger in disapproval.

Psychoscareapy Unleashed: Everyone, including one who was dressed up as a ringmaster.

Edited by figment1988
addition

First off....props all around...had an amazing two nights at the event!!

Friday 9/25:

Probably about 7-730 ish in Psychoscareapy - A Blonde Girl dressed as a witch came over and asked my sister if she liked her costume, and if she was pretty...my sis replied yes to all her questions...and talked the rest of the night about having to tell the crazy people what they wanted to hear! It was a fantastic interaction!

My guess is not time accurate just know it was late in the night here... most likely 11 ish??...but the Jason in All Nite Die In! Our photo is absolutely amazing! Looks like my head is about to be rolling away after your machete goes through my neck!

My first time through 25 Years...the Gargoyle in the window, him and my sister face to face, as she went to peek out the ledge...priceless!! 

Saturday 9/26: 

About Midnight in Icon Zone, Getting a picture with Cindy! She seemed genuinely ecstatic like any little girl on scares, and came right over to me on the first call of her name!

The last house of the night getting my 4th time through 25 Years over the 2 days! Getting out of the house after 1 AM!! And there was Eddie attacking from an angle unseen before that made my sis jump on my back, but literally nearly over me! One of the best scares of both days!

Edited by WannabeIcon

From last Thursday, the 24th: 
Whoever the Jason is in FvJ at the end of the woods/mirror section as well as the final Jason... Jesus you got me good. Kudos to the entire cast, but you two got me really good. 

From Friday the 25th and Sunday the 26th:

While, again, the entire house deserved recognition the first ringmaster Jack got me both times I went through this house. Thanks for that.

And all wolves from AWIL- my girlfriend refused to go back into this house because of you guys. It was the only house she wouldn't do again. So, bravo.

Saturday the 26th:

One of the vampire woman in All Night Die-In got me early on when I was crouched, taking a picture of one of the Strangers. Gave me a good start, and sure made my girlfriend laugh. Thanks!

Who is the Pumpkin Head guy with the machete that has the curled blade on the end of it in Evil's Roots?  I know he's a Nightmares forum member.  We were hanging around for a long time in Evil's Roots this past Saturday, October 3 - can't remember the time exactly, but maybe between 10pm-11pm.  He will remember though - because he saw that all three of us were wearing our Nightmares shirts, and he stalked us back and forth through the zone for at least 30 minutes.  He also took a pic with each of us.  There was one point, we were standing off to the side near the entrance from the Animal Actors side by where the tree guy on stilts hangs around.  My friend was taking pics of tree guy in action and her back was against the makeshift wall at the end of the zone.  All of a sudden, I see this pumpkin head peeking over the top of the wall, and then his arm with the machete comes over the top slowly, and he reaches toward my friends neck with it.  It was priceless.  I laughed so hard, my face hurt.  I swear to god, I love this guy.. I wanted to hug him!  LOL!  We ended up giving him one of the skull bracelets off our wrists.. so, come on - who are you?  We will be back on Thursday and Friday 10/15 & 10/16.. hope to find you again!

Sunday:

I was walking late at night in an empty Run house. The moment I entered the biohazard room, one the runner scareactors sprinted to my face from across the room and it made me jump bad. Nice job!

I've said how much I love the scareactors from Psychoscareapy zone, however one of favorites is the female scareactor with the monkey wrench who on three different times of the night asked me to pet the wrench or just bopped me on the head with it. 

Friday 10/9/15:

This was in monsters and mayhem. The best way to play off a cast change. In the first room there were two pumpkinheads, one came out at us and the other behind him wrapped his vine around the pumpkinhead and dragged him back behind the foliage. Then the first pumpkinhead exited the room. It was the best way to play it off and I want to give some commendation for that.

10/9/15 Shoutouts

[Jack Presents 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem]
*Dracula's brides for targeting Duffy.
*the Santa in the HR Bloodengutz room who saw my Nemo hat and Duffy who replied with "Naughty, Naughty".
*One of the multiple Jacks who "attacked" duffy

[American Werewolf in London]
*The woman in the "See You Next Wednesday" room

[Run: Blood Sweat and Fears]
* The Right Enforcer in the first room who kept saying: "Give Me That Bear!"
* The Blitzkrieg Brother in the upper runway who gave me a fist bump.

[Chainsaw Clowns]
*The clown in the wheelchair.

[Icons]
*Cindy
*The Cryptkeeper who allowed both Duffy and I to take a selfie with him.

• 2 weeks later...

If any of the scareactors I mentioned are members here, please get in touch as I would love to learn more about your craft.

Run: Blood, Sweat, and Fears -
1. October 11th at 7:20pm the right guy in the first room who kept jumping out at me before yelling in my face.

Icons - 
1. Cast A Usher on October 7th who added some blood to my ticket.  This Usher also messed with people's photos and twirled his flashlight.
2. October 11th Lady Luck who kept circling back to my wife and I since we told her that Lady Luck was my wife's first year/icon (forgot to ask cast).

Psychoscareapy: Unleashed -
1. Cast A male cowboy who jumped behind my wife and I yelling "Hide me!" before he scared a group of unsuspecting passersby on October 9th and who interacted with my group a lot on October 11th even trying to saw the tire's off of my friend's ECV
2. Nurse Brooke who had the best of the costume contests on October 11th (I watched it twice it was so good)
3. Cast B actor with the severed hand who just kept silently waving at passersby.  I waved back at him for a solid five minutes keeping in motion with his hand on October 9th and everytime I passed through that zone he seemed to look in my direction.  On October 11th I finally got to shake that severed hand.
4. Cast A tutu cat mask wearer I nicknamed Scaredy Cat added a ton of atmosphere.
5. Cast B male scareactor who looked like Pagliacci and would saw apart couples holding hands on October 11th.
6. Cast B pumpkin costumed actress who did a Baymax fistbump with me on October 11th.

All Night Die-In: Double Feature -
1. October 11th The Strangers who slowly creeped up on my group as we were sitting on the benches and just kept staring at us.
2. October 9th The Invisible Man scared the bejesus out of my friend.
3. October 11th Reagan spent a lot of time by us scaring.

Edited by Cooger and Dark
  • Like 1

Major recognition on Sunday, October 18th. 

In Freddy vs Jason, Freddy for tickling my beard with his claw hand (not sure of scene) and a Jason for booping my nose with his machete in the mirror scene. 

Shadybrook inmate, said he loved my hat a proceeded to milk the ears of it and giggling from the gazebo to the broken down transfer bus. 

Prisoner Chainsaw Lady. Said she loved my hat and chased me for it from the Starbucks in front of Transformers to the Asylum queue, and after I went inside the line, she yelled at the top of her lungs "YOU CAN'T STAY IN THERE FOREVER"

Asylum in Wonderland, Mad Hatter on table for treating my hat like the dead rabbit and starting hitting it with his hammer. 

the walking dead, one actor took my hat in the first room of the house, put it on the mannequin and proceeded to slit his throat, looking at me the whole time. Kept it, found it again half way through the house in the revolving door scene as one the walkers had it on its head and held it out for me to take back.

Moral of the story. If you want awesome interaction, wear a stupid hat or stand out in someway. 

Thanks to everyone who made that night special. <3

• Like 1

A few more that my wife reminded me about:

October 9th: Jack Presents Cast A first Jack in the circus tent scene blocked my path entirely cutting me off from the rest of my group.

October 11th: Jack Presents Cast A vampire on bed kept motioning for me to come to her then reached over the partition as I was heading towards the room's exit to get in a quick scare.

;Oh, how I miss you all...  It's hard to single out just a few of you, but here goes:

-- Both A and B cast Phantoms in Monsters & Mayhem, 10/1 through 10/4: Please know that you made me vibrate with glee every time I stepped through that curtain and got hit with a blast of air and an accusatory gesture.  Which was almost every time I went through the house.  I thank you.

-- Clown saws outside Moe's, maybe 8:30-9:00 Sunday 10/4, who pressed themselves against the door and DARED us to try and leave.

-- Friday 10/2, waiting in line for Monsters & Mayhem (not sure of the time), saw the cast change for Scary Tales; the incoming Little Boy Blue made a detour to flick my nose.  In general, I felt the casts of Scary Tales were real masters of personal harassment (saw one of them make a guy spill half his Dippin' Dots on Sunday 10/4, and yes, I laughed).

--Saturday 10/3: Again, I apologize for being uncertain of the time, so I don't know if this was A or B cast, but I came upon RUN with NO ONE in line ahead of me and the incoming cast change filing in as I was entering, so I got EVERY SINGLE SCARE and you guys did NOT hold back.  It was amazing.

-- Finally, though my love runs strong for ALL the street scareactors this year-- best streets since 2008, in my opinion-- nearest to my heart are the b/w All Nite Die-In cast.  I could have watched you for hours, and cumulatively between 10/1 and 10/4, I did.  Just sat on a bench and watched.  During one of these idylls, on Friday 10/2, the blonde vampire bride came over to a little girl on the adjacent bench for a picture; she then proceeded to herd several other scareactors over to her as well, to the little girl's apparent delight, and just before cast change, the vampire bride gave her a hug on her way out.  Congratulations, budding Monster Kid!  How I would have loved that when I was your age!  Or my current age!  And lastly, to the one who truly stole my heart this year: more than the Phantom, more than the Usher, more than Ardath Bey, did you delight me, dear Dr. Frankenstein.  You were perfection, and I will remember you fondly until memory itself fails me.

• Like 1

In Asylum- The playing cards and first rabbit gave me good scares!

Run- The second mummy in the Egypt room got me good during both of my runthroughs.

Insidious- Insane props to both Men who cant breathe in the hall scene. The lipstick demon outside the house was amazing.

Body collectors- EVERYONE! IN BOTH CASTS! A M A Z I N G!! Especial props to the first gentlemen and the nurse who made sure they got me during all of my runthroughs, as well as the assistant in the dungeon room, you got me EVERY time!

In FvJ- The Jason in the showers scene, as well as everyone in the dream world scenes! AWESOME!

AWiL- The new wolf got me so good! I didn't expect it at all!

25 Years- PAPA BEAR! SO AWESOME! I love Mirror Jack so much! Thanks for waving at me during my second runthrough if you ever see this.

Purge- The purger in the screen room got me SO good! As well as the post-finale DOG purger!

TWD- I loved the scares in the barn! Good energy in here, and good job using the barn walls as hiding spots!

Scarezones overall- I love the Jester hat inmate in Psychoscarepy! Thanks for coming up to our window at Finnegans! The Usher is SO GREAT in Icons! The black and white cast is so cool in All Night Die In- Great scares! Thanking the Little Red scareactor (Cast B?) for getting me while I was distracted in Scary Tales. Stilt scarecrow in Evils Roots got me so good!

I really want to recognize every scareactor on Nov 1, the last night. Everyone was just so full of energy and it was an amazing send off to an amazing year.

I especially want to mention every single person in Die In and Icons. Both Die In casts were really gunning for people hard, and the Purgers spent so much time messing with me and some friends.

I stuck around to see the last 2 kills for all the Icons and they just gave it their all, particularly both casts for the Usher. Both of them covered themselves in blood in fun and creative ways and said some very personal goodbyes to me. Overall it was just a fantastic zone with some amazing and fun talent in there. Not the scariest, but by far the most fun and entertaining. 

At the end of Saturday night. Probably last set I went through 25 Years for the first time (yes kill me, I'm sorry)

But I love Jack, Jack has a special meaning in my heart. So don't ask why I never went through his house until the last minute.

Anyhow Mirror jack. Mirror jack is my love right now and completely made night. He reached out his hand (I guess for the effect or he just wanted to make me feel special I don't know) and let me touch his hand.

I really appreciated it. Jack opened the doors to HHN for me and since that was the last house I went in for the run it meant a lot to me that he did that. It was almost like my own personal goodbye from HHN from the boss himself. 

Edited by MissBA

At the end of Saturday night. Probably last set I went through 25 Years for the first time (yes kill me, I'm sorry)

But I love Jack, Jack has a special meaning in my heart. So don't ask why I never went through his house until the last minute.

Anyhow Mirror jack. Mirror jack is my love right now and completely made night. He reached out his hand (I guess for the effect or he just wanted to make me feel special I don't know) and let me touch his hand.

I really appreciated it. Jack opened the doors to HHN for me and since that was the last house I went in for the run it meant a lot to me that he did that. It was almost like my own personal goodbye from HHN from the boss himself. 

Mirror Jack was life, honestly read my reviews. LOL. 

I really want to recognize every scareactor on Nov 1, the last night. Everyone was just so full of energy and it was an amazing send off to an amazing year.

I especially want to mention every single person in Die In and Icons. Both Die In casts were really gunning for people hard, and the Purgers spent so much time messing with me and some friends.

I stuck around to see the last 2 kills for all the Icons and they just gave it their all, particularly both casts for the Usher. Both of them covered themselves in blood in fun and creative ways and said some very personal goodbyes to me. Overall it was just a fantastic zone with some amazing and fun talent in there. Not the scariest, but by far the most fun and entertaining. 

Icons was my favorite zone, and man did I love the scareactors. 

Everyone was just great this year, with the exception of one or two. 

Carrie (When she was there) she would just get me on edge so fast and it would stick through the night. I missed her.

TIFFANY AND CHUCKY. I still love em.

I will never forget my first scare in the Evils Roots, and the mega scares that I got there. To the one who was under the hay cart; I had a heart attack. The night that I was targeted the whole time, OMG literally was on the ground.

Thanks to all the scareactors for the AMAZING year.

My final appreciation post! 

Freddy vs. Jason - Every Freddy and Jason that waved to me! The Freddy that came out and blocked my path, it was awesome! The Freddy that stopped fighting Jason and went after me. 

Monsters and Mayhem - All the Jacks that blew me kisses! I went in 23 times and 20 times one of them was blowing me kisses. When I said goodbye to the Jack before Gothic started he came back out of his hiding area and waved bye and blew me kisses. The Jack that kissed my hand twice. The Jack that would hold my hand until I left the room. The Jacks that would get in my face and I just smiled at them. Frankenstein for following me twice. Bear for his amazing dances. The Caretaker who talked to my dad since the line was at a dead stop at his part. 

TWD - The last time I went into this house the cast was so full of energy! They followed me and would get in my face. They actually scared me a few good times. Thanks to everyone in that house, they don't get enough love. 

Icons - The Usher was great! Had a wonderful conversation with him. Thanks Usher! My final thank you is to my bestie Cindy. I told her I would miss her and she said she would miss me too. When I asked her if we could be best friends she said yes and made me pinky promise then we hugged. Best moment ever! Thank you so much Cindy you are my favorite! 

Edited by HorrorNightsGirl