Plans of Attack

Alright. Stay n Scream at Finnegan's. Go straight for the front 4. Last year they opened up AvP first where FvJ is this year... If I have the right map...  the plan is:

1.) FvJ

2.) AWIL

3.) M&M

4.) BC ----- So basically going to the first they open then heading to the front of the park house and hitting them in order minus AiW3D

5.) MAYBE AiW3D. Not too stoked for this house so it might be one we skip at first. If we do it then it will be spur of the moment since we are already in the front of the park

6.) RUN

7.) Bill n Ted? Love the show, only reason for the "?" is unsure of show times to coincide with my "PoA"

*Should be dark by now*

8.) Insidious (OH GOD GIVE ME YES)

9.)  Purge

10.) TWD

11.) Jack Show

12.) Unused FP+ on whatever we have left. Probably a nighttime RRR ride.

Edited by Merlin
  • Like 1

It depends. If I can do Stay and Scream:

Whatever two soundstages are open (let's assume it's FVJ and M&M)

TWD

Purge

Insidious

Bill and Ted

Run

Body Collectors

AWIL

Asylum

Carnage (if I can watch after Body Collectors then I'll do this before the last two)

Repeats and taking time in scarezones

If I can't do Stay and Scream:

TWD

Purge

Insidious

Run

FVJ

Body Collectors

AWIL

M&M

Asylum

The shows are where I'm stumped in the second plan. If I go see the first Bill and Ted I risk the chance of the soundstages having longer lines.

• Like 1

My plan is very similar to Merlins. Will probably be at Finnegans like I was last year for S&S. Will do FvJ first then not quite sure. Will depend on what house SS house opens next. Last year it was usually Dracula but I like the idea of heading straight to the front of the park for AWIL. Since I'm doing four nights in a row will probably change up the S&S location but it's hard not to beverage at Finnegans and just hang beforehand.

• Like 1

I don't necessarily have an order of houses. Since my eyes don't adjust in the houses while it's light out, I'll just walk around the scarezones until it gets dark. Also, I should be able to get some decent pictures without having to set my camera's ISO to 1 million. I figured I would just chill for a bit since I'm going to use an Express pass for the houses.

• Like 1

Won't have a plan until after I see what houses fill up the quickest, but some tips based off of locations/predictions:

-Do Insidious before the first Bill and Ted, otherwise you'll be waiting at LEAST an hour the rest of the night.

-If you can't do Stay and Scream, be at the gates at 5pm, a full hour before it opens. Getting into the park even 5 min early will help more than you think when it comes to HHN, especially on peak nights.

-FvJ will likely be Finn's S&S house, Lucy will have M&M, and Potter will have Insidious, all based on the past few years. Based off of the monstrosity that was the Halloween line, and how fast it accumulated compared to everything else sans TWD, my suggestion is Potter's S&S, do Insidious, then B line it to TWD, then go to the SSs. 

As of now, my best prediction of a plan is:

Potter S&S

1. Insidious

2. TWD

3. M&M

4. FvJ

5. BC

6. AWiL

7. Alice

8. RUN

9. Purge

B&T/repeats

My placement of Purge is for the first 2 weeks only, as I've come to realize that no matter what house is in the Parade building and Tent 1, even when it was TWD in 2013, those 2 lines do not get above 30-40min all night for those first 2 weeks. This could obviously change this year, but I don't see a reason for it to. We'll find out next week.

The plan I usually do each year is going counter clockwise around the park. Meaning, Going through Icons, Evil Roots, then hit the parade building house, Tent 2, and keep going that way around. 

My thinking is that most of the crowds will hit the huge strip of soundstage houses, while they're getting swarmed, I'm heading to the back of the park where the AP event is ending and their moving on as well. So if I had to make a list of my order this year , it would be as follows. 

1. the walking dead (ONLY ON OPENING NIGHT TO SAY I'VE BEEN IN IT)

2. The Purge

3. Insidious

4. RUN

5. Body Collectors

6. Freddy vs Jason

7. AWiL

8. Jack house

Now Asylum in Wonderland is giving me some trouble. I'm not sure if I should do it first or last. It's in the middle of the park which ruins my circle method. For now it's my 1 and 9. Since I have multiple people in my group who love Alice, I'd imagine they'd want to do it first. 

ALSO with the news of Diagon Alley being open during HHN, we might hit that between Insidious and Run. Local 6 confirmed. 

Edited by IheartNARWHALS

I'm willing to bet a lot of people won't even realize Alice is there, as it's kinda hidden and not in a normal spot. The fact that it's an original completely separated from the normal route of houses makes me think it will have a shorter line for quite a bit on most nights. The 3D aspect might draw people to it too.

• Like 2

1. AWil

2. Freddy Vs. Jason

3. Body Collectors

4. Run

5. Insidious

6. TWD

7. Purge

8. AIW 3D

9. M&M

What's the best stay and scream spot? So far I'm planning on using Finnegans, which I did last year, but I did the Kidzone s&s spot during 22 and 23, so I'm not sure which to do this year.

KidZone is not a S&S spot this year it seems. The only ones are Finn's, Lucy and Potter. My guess is either Finn's or Potter, depending on if you want to start off with FvJ or Insidious. My thinking is if you are one of the first ones in Insidious, you can get out and make it to TWD before the gates open and knock it out with no wait, then go to the SSs, which won't be overly crowded yet. Purge won't fill up THAT fast, so if you go knock out M&M, FvJ, BC and AWiL (in that order), then make it back to Purge, if it's not a really packed peak night, I doubt you'll see a line longer than 30 min. Then do RUN and make your way back to Alice, which could be up to 45-60 min at that point, but 1 long wait out of 9 is fair I'd say lol.

Where are you hearing or reading this?

It was reported by a few people who called Guest Relations at Universal. If you call and ask, that's what they've been telling people. There's a chance that will only be in affect the first 2 weekends, as KidZone is the Annual Passholder Event area.

Ah, gotcha, that would make sense.

I am going over Columbus Day weekend so hopefully by then they will open the Kidzone holding area back up so I have some more options.

Out of curiosity, what time did "Halloween" actually open last year?  When I went it was the 6:30 house but since there was a Diagon holding area did it open up early for those people or were they just stuck in that line until 6:30?

Ah, gotcha, that would make sense.

I am going over Columbus Day weekend so hopefully by then they will open the Kidzone holding area back up so I have some more options.

Out of curiosity, what time did "Halloween" actually open last year?  When I went it was the 6:30 house but since there was a Diagon holding area did it open up early for those people or were they just stuck in that line until 6:30?

It shouldn't have ever been a 6:30 house, it opened 5:45 for the AP Event and then 6 every night afterwards. The 6:30 house was TWD at first, then they changed it to FDTD when they realized having the headliner house open last, when over an hour line had already gathered, was not a wonderful idea.

Doesn't TWD exit at the Purge entrance? If you were really going to try and minimize walking and get three houses done quickly, wouldn't you do TWD (Parade), Purge (T1), and then Insidious (T2) in that order? Or would the wait for Insidious build that quickly? This would be using the Diagon S&S area.

Doesn't TWD exit at the Purge entrance? If you were really going to try and minimize walking and get three houses done quickly, wouldn't you do TWD (Parade), Purge (T1), and then Insidious (T2) in that order? Or would the wait for Insidious build that quickly? This would be using the Diagon S&S area.

Correct. I doubt Insidious will get a big line until the first Bill and Ted is over and from that point it's swamped all night.

• Like 1

Correct. I doubt Insidious will get a big line until the first Bill and Ted is over and from that point it's swamped all night.

If Halloween's any indication, for at least the AP event nights, Insidious is going to start the night off with the 45 min wait, because it's the last house to open at the event, there's a LOT of people a part of it, and it's a big IP. On normal nights, Potter's S&S will get it up to 15-20min, but by the time the gates open and people get back there, it'll probably be close to a walkon, then gradually build up. On the slowest of nights, yeah it won't shoot up till after B&T. On peak nights, it's going to fill up real quick. I'm hoping having Diagon open and right next to B&T will help soak up some of the crowds leaving the show.

• Like 1

This is my first year at HHN.  We are going on Friday, September 25, which I understand is a busy, but not peak day.  We can't afford Express passes, and I would like to experience all of the houses, scarezones and shows. 

Do you think the touring plan laid out here - http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/09/17/everything-need-know-halloween-horror-nights-25-part-2/ - makes sense?  We do have tickets for an afternoon Behind The Screams tour but I assume we will be outside when the park opens for HHN at rope drop.  We will stay as late as we can.

Any help appreciated.

This is my first year at HHN.  We are going on Friday, September 25, which I understand is a busy, but not peak day.  We can't afford Express passes, and I would like to experience all of the houses, scarezones and shows. 

Do you think the touring plan laid out here - http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/09/17/everything-need-know-halloween-horror-nights-25-part-2/ - makes sense?  We do have tickets for an afternoon Behind The Screams tour but I assume we will be outside when the park opens for HHN at rope drop.  We will stay as late as we can.

Any help appreciated.

I might be a little late, but you definitely don't want to hit Insidious 3rd. Hit that first, or near closing. Following that guide, you would put that first, then everything else could follow. 

• Like 1

If I am reading correctly the houses open at different times?  If so does anyone have a schedule of what time they open and is this just for the first 2 weeks or for the whole event?

They do during Stay & Scream, but it largely doesn't matter--what Stay & Scream zone you're in determines which house you get to see at opening (and they do occasionally change through the event).  Barring technical issues, everything opens by 6:30.

Any help appreciated.

If you can't do Stay & Scream, that plan goes out the window, it depends entirely on being in Duff Gardens for TWD's early opening. In that case, I'd beeline for FvJ--will already be a line, but still shortest it will be that night.

As for the plan itself, I'm with Duh1011, Insidious shows signs of having much longer lines than TWD this year, probably should be first pick (even though it works better at night). I think we'll get a better sense by this weekend tho.