Body Collectors: Recollections

Mark M.

11924807_10153143068778233_3439989724303626171_o.thumb.jpg.5775b5fcb4a6fd1250d77dee3ceaa3cf.jpg

They have returned. The Body Collectors are on the hunt for the human parts they so desperately need. Emerging from the darkness on a cold, winter night, they descended upon the unknowing inhabitants of Shadybrook Asylum. Get ready to face their sharpened blades as the screams of their recent victims echo throughout the halls.

The Body Collectors are back and we decided to play with a couple of themes. The entire maze is set inside the asylum during a massive snowstorm. The Collectors are going to invade Shadybrook in the late 1800's... They had to get their crazed assistants from someplace right?

Me 3, can't wait.  Loved '08's and have been waiting for them to return ever since.  I wonder if they'll have the spine ripping scene.  Haven't seen that used anywhere since.

I'm pretty sure they'll have the spine ripping scene. I mean, it's kind of the first thing that pops to mind when I think Body Collectors. You can't have BC without that scene!!! Maybe we will get the spine ripping scene...but with a new twist?

So, will it be snowing?  :)

I sure hope so! If they pulled it off in 2011 with "Winter's Night" I don't see why they can't make it snow in the beginning (or at any point really) of this house.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure they'll have the spine ripping scene. I mean, it's kind of the first thing that pops to mind when I think Body Collectors. You can't have BC without that scene!!! Maybe we will get the spine ripping scene...but with a new twist?

I sure hope so! If they pulled it off in 2011 with "Winter's Night" I don't see why they can't make it snow in the beginning (or at any point really) of this house.

My lasting memory of that house in '08 was actually going through it with about 30 minutes to close on the very last night of the season.  My girlfriend and I were the only two going through and once we get to the spine scene, there's no collector there, but the scare actor is still there, spine sticking out, and she's chatting it up with the security guard like it was a break room.

And yes, some snow has to factor in.  At least we know it'll have max A/C going a la Winters Night.

• Like 1

Body collectors have always been mentioned whenever I would dig up past discussions on this site so I'm so damn excited to finally come face to face with them. The setting, era, and characters mentioned sound fascinating so I'm really excited for this one. Since they are going after crazed patients, will these patients be fighting back since I've seen a few of you bring up the VS aspect? I know no one knows but what do you guys think? Will they primarily be victims already when entering a room or will there be aggressive interactions between the two groups? I feel like if there is a struggle between the collectors and the patients, the BC may not come off as intimidating enough. 

Body collectors have always been mentioned whenever I would dig up past discussions on this site so I'm so damn excited to finally come face to face with them. The setting, era, and characters mentioned sound fascinating so I'm really excited for this one. Since they are going after crazed patients, will these patients be fighting back since I've seen a few of you bring up the VS aspect? I know no one knows but what do you guys think? Will they primarily be victims already when entering a room or will there be aggressive interactions between the two groups? I feel like if there is a struggle between the collectors and the patients, the BC may not come off as intimidating enough. 

My guess? Since Body Collectors are the title characters, I think our inmates are there to be victims and perhaps provide some comedic relief from the gore and scares. 

• Like 1

My guess? Since Body Collectors are the title characters, I think our inmates are there to be victims and perhaps provide some comedic relief from the gore and scares. 

I think it will stay pretty sinister the whole way though.  As it should be.  I hope it will be.

• Like 1

True. So maybe just victims in terms of our Shadybrook "friends". Or maybe if they do want that comedic relief, have like a "post-finale" scene of sorts.

I think we'll get a good idea how they came to get their assistants.  I think Asylum will have the comedy aspect for this year.

• Like 2

@HorrorNightsORL: The Collectors are going to invade Shadybrook in the late 1800's... They had to get their crazed assistants from someplace right?

The inmates may not be the only victims. When we think of Shadybrook, we think of its inmates, but the inmates were the aggressors. The victims were the staff. As Mike pointed out, "They had to get their crazed assistants from someplace right?"

I think we need to stop viewing this as a versus and view it as a collaborative effort. 

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 3

And that's a good point.  When we heard the leaked list, it was sort of implied as a versus type environment.  But after the reveal and reading about it, it certainly seems more of a combined effort.  A two for one deal - for us.  A merged storyline.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to this house the most! I've been a big fan of the Body Collectors since 2005. I can't wait to see how this house will be executed and I think it may be the house of the year probably. 

Since this shares SS24 with FvJ, I have to wonder how the max A/C will work. Snow can be controlled to the one side, but idk If they'll want FvJ to be super cold as well.

I skipped Body Collectors in 05 cuz it had a 120 min wait. Little did I know how big it would become. Didn't think much of 08's, but this one sounds stellar. The sets are going to be unforgettable in this one, I just know it. All 4 SSs this year are going to be legendary. AWiL already is, the juggernaut that is M&M will be an all timer, FvJ will be epic, and then this. 

Man this is gonna be a good year.

• Like 2

Since this shares SS24 with FvJ, I have to wonder how the max A/C will work. Snow can be controlled to the one side, but idk If they'll want FvJ to be super cold as well.

I skipped Body Collectors in 05 cuz it had a 120 min wait. Little did I know how big it would become. Didn't think much of 08's, but this one sounds stellar. The sets are going to be unforgettable in this one, I just know it. All 4 SSs this year are going to be legendary. AWiL already is, the juggernaut that is M&M will be an all timer, FvJ will be epic, and then this. 

Man this is gonna be a good year.

Cold could work for FvJ. The Jason parts could definitely work as cold. I know Freddy has a boiler room and dies by fire in the movies but cold makes people uneasy and makes them feel vulnerable. (I would feel weird in Winter's night, not just scared but uncomfortable) 

having FvJ be cold would only add to the creepiness, I am kind of hoping the house is cold 

Edited by clash

• Mark M. changed the title to Body Collectors: Recollections