HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The shadows of the past, lead to the horrors of the present. Fantastical.

As for all this Kong talk. Love it. But I don't think that a Kong related house in a sprung tent would do it justice. Frightanic in the sprung might work, but it would also mean that the option of making it a "dual" house would be impossible. Nautical houses -can- be done in a cramped space, just not too amazingly. Look at Ship of Screams, from XIII.

I agree that C_D's tidbit regarding shadows of the past leading to horrors of the present is a pretty darned fantastical idea ;) I'm with you on the Kong talk, it would be amazing to see the big guy brought back this year, but then again, I'd love to see Frightanic reappear too. That being said I now realize how many houses of the past I would love to see come to live again this year!

I'm of the persuasion that the current page is nothing more than an updated placeholder. They replaced the old one that they've used for the past five years.

Doubtful there's anything to read into it.

We always think along the same lines my friend... :) I don't think there's much to read in to it, besides the fact that it's an updated placeholder.

I agree with junky. There is more to read into it. Read into more over here.

I dont think Darkness will be the icon...but he has a place...and a new era will begin.

"A new era will begin"...I really do think the past will play an important part in moving us towards a new era of horror. :D

I agree with junky. There is more to read into it. Read into more over here.

I dont think Darkness will be the icon...but he has a place...and a new era will begin.

That's a very nice article but this question was a bit silly "And if this is truly an era in Darkness...where does the tree fit in?" Erik needs to go back and watch Legend again. What was the doorway into Darkness' lair in that movie? Oh yeah, a big honking Evil Tree!

See here>Darkness' Tree

Just to throw this out there, its from HHN's facebook. Can transfer it to the website update if you'd like, wasn't sure where people would prefer it.

"Tickets are now on sale for Universal Orlando Resort’s Halloween Horror Nights 20. This fall we’re paying homage to 20 years of fear by immersing guests in the horrors of years’ past and introducing them to brand-new frights. For more details, dates and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/"

basically, as we already know. its confirming horrors from the past, and the idea of brand-new frights is great. we knew this was coming as well, with the whole, reinventing the past for the future. what better than to bring back the past to show us into the future.

Edited by mrbungle5223

basically, as we already know. its confirming horrors from the past, and the idea of brand-new frights is great. we knew this was coming as well, with the whole, reinventing the past for the future. what better than to bring back the past to show us into the future.

To me personally it makes sense after 20 years to take a look back at past and see how far the event has come. Many of those former icons/houses/scarezones are what made HHN the popular event that it is...it certainly will be interesting to see what kind of old/new combination we get. :)

To me personally it makes sense after 20 years to take a look back at past and see how far the event has come. Many of those former icons/houses/scarezones are what made HHN the popular event that it is...it certainly will be interesting to see what kind of old/new combination we get. :)

yes exactly! A&D are so creative, and probably have had such a blast creating this years event. The possibilities are endless in ways to bring the even together, and set it on its new path. thats whats making everything so exciting...

So maybe I'm reading too deep into the placeholder page but, why show 4 pictures, none of them of icons, but have one of them be a minion of darkness, one of them be the host of the Terra Queen arrival, one of them be a prop to field of screams/ fractured tales, but then one be a shot of Caine's house at such an angle that you can see the Cindy portrait through the door?

I mean as far as pictures of the event go, they are good pictures, but out of all the pics that Uni has, why these 4? I like what Dr. Jimmy said about the "tree" as far as Darkness's doorway, and if that is the case i can understand Nightmare, and Eelmouth being there. But I have this strange feeling that Cindy will be more than a backstory/prop/corpse/etc. this year. Think about it, they have an entire backstory for her that only got scrapped due to local current events at the time. When Dr. Jimmy was in the Shadows From The Past SZ last year she told him, "They finally let me out to play".

Why put her out there? Why show her as the only "Icon" (in quotes because someone will say, "she wasn't an icon") and have her almost hidden in the picture like where's waldo? What if (big stretch here) instead of Carnage, Treaks & Foons, etc. being her playthings from hell, if her playthings were Elsa, Jack, Mary, Julian, Albert, and Paulo. What if she's pissed that her year got rearranged and now she comes to universal to claim her event back from the park and staff. What if i get the sound card i asked for for father's day?(wink, wink)\

I know some of this is far fetched but, this time of year i like to rattle off every idea in my head, and it's only June and the wife is already sick of my theories. So i share them with those who do care.

Thanks for listening, and even more so, thanks for all the good things to read while waiting for official info from uni

So maybe I'm reading too deep into the placeholder page but, why show 4 pictures, none of them of icons, but have one of them be a minion of darkness, one of them be the host of the Terra Queen arrival, one of them be a prop to field of screams/ fractured tales, but then one be a shot of Caine's house at such an angle that you can see the Cindy portrait through the door?

You are. Minus the picture of Nightmare all the other pics have been used every year since they've started the place holder site.

They really need to put the teaser page up. Everyone is way too bored around here.

Edited by NightlifeMike

either way its to early to speculate on what a&d are dreaMIng up. But I have a feeling it will be granD, we all kNow Its the anniversary so that is a Given. As for the tree, Hmmmm noT so much.

Can't wait to see what is coming... :)

either way its to early to speculate on what a&d are dreaMIng up. But I have a feeling it will be granD, we all kNow Its the anniversary so that is a Given. As for the tree, Hmmmm noT so much.

Me I Do Nearly always agree with sinister In General on wHaT he says... although i really did like the tree idea... but i'm sure it will still be cool either way.

:)

Edited by JWFearman

Me I Do Nearly always agree with sinister In General on wHaT he says....

Man, I Do know NIGhtmares Happen aT 12:00am!

Me I Do Nearly always agree with sinister In General on wHaT he says... although i really did like the tree idea... but i'm sure it will still be cool either way.

yes laSt Year we were pretty much oN point, although it is fun to speculate. It is safe to assume or go with the obvious, i woulD. unIversal is never going to go beyond CertAin limits. we all know This and thE ones that don't or want more WILL BE upset and have to deal with it in THEir own way. as foR mE i am completely happy with what they have in store.

great render of the gate by the way JWFearman!

Edited by Sinister

Man, wouldn't It be great if we'D get a clue aNd/or somethInG for tHis years evenT.

Man thats funny, because i took all the letters and added them in a word document, like National Treasure or something. And got.... MIDNIGHT SYNDICATE WILL BE THERE

Took someone long enough to figure it out, lol geez

And I just got done watching that movie like 2 days ago

I need to go to bed, I've been reading this and the Construction threads for the past hour and a half.

Anyway, I'll drop in my speculation and then I'll go to sleep:

I remember for XIV there was a scarezone called Point of Evil, in which a giant machine was gathering up all the fear and evil from across the the planet and concentrating it all into one point, which was at Halloween Horror Nights. A year later, a tree grows in the exact same spot. But I'm thinking to myself, what if that machine wasn't gathering fear and evil from OUTSIDE influences, but rather from INSIDE influences?

As in, harvesting whatever lied beneath said machine? Perhaps we have a situation to where the Machine was like the Gorewood Tree, gathering up dark energy from way below the surface of the Earth.

Flash forward to now.

The recent speculation of a Greek Mythology house has me thinking about one aspect of Greek Mythology in particular...Hades. The Underworld. Think about how trees get water and nutrients from its roots alongside using the sun as another source of harvesting energy. What about harvesting the power of a demonic underworld via roots from a tree? As we've seen in several instances, trees have been used as portals to another world with giant holes in them (yet I do not know the specific term for it). Alice fell inside one and landed in Wonderland. Darkness enters and leaves our world through one. In the Tim Burton flick Sleepy Hollow, The Headless Horseman did the same thing Darkness did with the Tree of the Dead.

So considering the past several houses/scarezones have taken place in the confines of the small town of Carey, Ohio, it is safe to assume that Uni Creative is basing this year's event in that very town, encompassing any and all icons and characters that inhabit the Halloween Horror Nights world. And in that small town lies the very Root of All Evil itself, the entity that has its direct connection to the Underworld and is harvesting its very energy to wreak absolute havoc amongst the human population.

I do believe we are looking for a tree. For the tree is most often considered to be very essence of life itself. The tree that lies in Carey, Ohio, however, is the exact opposite: it is the very essence of DEATH.

....'k, I'm off to bedtime now. :)

well, whats done for this year is done, we are speculating but we'll find out soon,

I just really hope that these Theme of the shadows of the past leading us into the future of HHN is true.

I really hope that this will be the last of the past icons we see at least for the next couple of years,

and I love the icons dont get me wrong, I love their stories and i know UNI reuses a lot of stuff and props for the houses,

but i really hope that they can come up with new icons for the next years and new back stories, There is still so much they can do, what about a Voodoo Priest icon, i know there are many tales and things that could be used for HHN. i just want to see the "Family" grow, seeing Cindy being used finally last year was just amazing. i know she is not new but it was the first time i saw her. Bloody mary, The usher, They were also amazing, I love Jack, but maybe they can come up with a new type of Clown, maybe someone related to jack.

MS has been rumor to come to HHN since last yr. I can see them maybe performing but only on opening night or a select handful of nights during the event.

They have been hinted at this the last couple of months, there just waiting for the go ahead from UO to announce there plans.

yeah i agree, they would probably play once, and probably come as guests for a radio station like Dee Snyder came for the radio.

For the Hardcore fans, this will be a Delight, but i wonder what the general public will say, would people really be into it? or just think there are some guys playing some creepy weird music? I wonder how MS playing would be received.

I really wish they would come

yeah i agree, they would probably play once, and probably come as guests for a radio station like Dee Snyder came for the radio.

For the Hardcore fans, this will be a Delight, but i wonder what the general public will say, would people really be into it? or just think there are some guys playing some creepy weird music? I wonder how MS playing would be received.

I really wish they would come

How does the General Public view Rocky Horror Picture Show?

No problem C_D. + I don't wanna shake the hornet's nest lord knows that sort of stuff destroys horror related forums. I'll stick to myself as always and won't be posting in speculation. I don't want to ruin the event for people.