HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this on here:

Halloween Horror Nights 20 - (6/8/10) It seems construction is starting early for HHN 20 this year, as black coverings are now up blocking off all views into the Jaws extended queue building which is normally used for a Haunt.

Interesting...

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been down to Uni in a while.

But I did hear about the queue being cleared and wood was piled up in it.

I don't know... due to lack of inforamtion this year my enthusiasim has fizzled a bit for now... nothing to fan the flame.

I'm sure when we finally get something... I'll combust again :)

With all this talk of a 3D houses makes me miss the helmet houses.. JK!!

I worked a helmet house as a scareactor it has its pros and cons.

I think UO might update the HHN site before the 18th but once Potter is open and the hype goes down a tiny bit they might put some energy into HHN.

HHN is there biggest money maker event so they wont forget it.

Can we never get a 3D house.. Like ever again? Jacks fun house was HORRIBLE.

I don't really want a helmet house either... It's not really that great unless you have the helmet. That's why Dead Exposure was so great.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this on here:

Halloween Horror Nights 20 - (6/8/10) It seems construction is starting early for HHN 20 this year, as black coverings are now up blocking off all views into the Jaws extended queue building which is normally used for a Haunt.

Interesting...

It was mentioned in the construction thread.

I thought the 3-D glasses for Jack's Fun House in Clown-o-Vision was kind of a hindrance for me. Thus, I did not wear them. Who knows though, they might do it again. Like someone already stated, 3-D's kind of the "in" thing right now.

I got some surprisingly good scares in Jack's Funhouse. So i'm not totally opposed to the idea of another 3D glasses house. Helmet houses are a completely different breed of house though. I haven't gotten any good scares in the ones I've been through. So i'm a bit "meh" on them.

3-D houses = must wear 3-D glasses for total effect = 3-D glasses being a pain in the ass

The helmets were a great concept, but proved usless since only the first person in each group wore them...and if you had a runner, then forget it, they were long gone with their helmet before you even made it to the first scene in the house.

Any kind of accessory needed to be worn into a house is never a good thing in my book, it hinders the experience more than helping it.

Likely the best 3D house I ever experienced was The Hunted at HOS. Totally unique way of using the effect. With that said, I've enjoyed most of the 3D houses as something different from the run of the mill, standard houses.

I didn't think that was 3-d; wasn't their 3-d house the Third Dementia, or something like that?

I like 3-d houses generally, and Jack's in 2007 is definitely up in my favorite 5. I thought about where they could use those effects and thought maybe a house for Bloody Mary? If we 'go through the looking-glass' they could use 3-d for a trip into her world. I wish there was a less 'day-glo' way of making the 3-d.

Sigh. Any sign of an update?

Mae

I didn't think that was 3-d; wasn't their 3-d house the Third Dementia, or something like that?

It really wasn't fully 3D but more of a hybrid, I guess. They used the 3D paints and black lights throughout. The technique made the "burning" areas of the house look 3D.

I liked PUTS from Sweet 16, they had sensors in the house that would turn the lights on and off on the helmet. We told this girl in my group that if she wore the helmet that they wouldn't scare her, she went through the whole screaming, you can't scare me because I have the helmet on. That was so funny. My point is, that there should be another helmet house, whether its PUTS or My Bloody Valentine.

I liked PUTS from Sweet 16, they had sensors in the house that would turn the lights on and off on the helmet. We told this girl in my group that if she wore the helmet that they wouldn't scare her, she went through the whole screaming, you can't scare me because I have the helmet on. That was so funny. My point is, that there should be another helmet house, whether its PUTS or My Bloody Valentine.

That makes me happy!

I have been reading the forums the past few days, and I have had an idea fermenting. I apologize if this is long.

Actually, it's an expansion of other speculation. I am not sure if it's mature yet, but here goes....

The idea of an "entity", a root to HHN has been mention a few times. I haven't keyed into it until someone mentioned Cindy as being the root.

I have actually always felt that the Storyteller's story fits Cindy. The story about the little girl who eats the monster. Anyways, the idea of Cindy being the "root" made my brain wander and made me realize we do have a common thread and at least two cases of possession with the icons.

The common thread between the icons is one of those things that is so obvious, that you really don't see it. All of our icons, including Eddie and Cindy, have been defined by obsession/profession.

Albert - defined by his experiments to resurrect the dead. It's an obsession and profession. He progresses from just playing with dead bodies to creating his own.

Jack - from his continued use of the clown to the fact that he drove an asylum to emulate him, one has to wonder why he is obsessed with his profession as a clown.

Mary - she killed people to cure them of there phobias, need I say more.

Elsa - she makes her fictional worlds come to life.

Cindy - Obsessed with revenge, she builds a world to help her.

Eddie - an obsessed slasher fan becomes disfigured while trying to build the perfect haunt.

Julian - becomes obsessed with "his" theater, ultimately resulting in his death and continued haunting of the location.

Paolo - The obsessed director who wants "real" reactions and emotions, so he begins to create snuff films.

Building off of the idea of a "root" is really not hard. An entity that promotes the singular obsession of a given person. Driving that person to a manic and homicidal point, at which the entity is able to feed.

As for the two cases of possession.

We know Dr. Agana was possessed. One can assume that was by her grandmother. I may be wrong, but I don't believe that was ever pointed out as fact.

Elsa Strict gives us a poem about a little girl eating a monster. Taking in and beating the monster. It rings of possession.

I have no idea if this will come to fruition, but I can see it as a 20th Anniversary reunion. A family tree. Something that brings everything together. An entity that feeds on fear and obsession has controlled our icons. Influences them. What or who that may be, I can not even begin to guess.

I have no idea if this will come to fruition, but I can see it as a 20th Anniversary reunion. A family tree. Something that brings everything together. An entity that feeds on fear and obsession has controlled our icons. Influences them. What or who that may be, I can not even begin to guess.

The root of all evil. What would be the root of all evil? (All trees speculations aside)

i didn't have a good experience with the helmet" house, so i dont like it, the house was a tent so it was pointless because you could still see without the helmet, but the idea of my bloody valentine sounds really awesome, some of the best scares for me where in bloody valentine.

3D, i didnt hate it, it was better than the helmets, but the house didnt gave me any scares at all, and if i remember right, the house was kinda too bright,

Wow. I'll just copy and paste the latest update on HHN Rumors (Rumours for us English folk)

Permits are a tricky thing. They have to go through a rather large approval process, when this happens, things are exposed. In this case we were able to get a few scene names for a couple houses. Although it isn't much information, this may be considered a spoiler, so beware!

SS23:

5. Medusa/Gorgon

7.Army of Hades

Sprung 1:

9. Museum Hallway

Sprung 2:

0.Facade

3. Observation Deck.

Parade Building

1. Vortex

9. Rat Lady Corridor

It looks like SS23 is some sort of Greek house? Sprung 1 could possibly be a lot of things... No clue one Sprung 2 but the Parade building appears to be a HHN History type house using the vortex to take us "back in time" - Don't they have a DeLorean they aren't using? Sadly that's it for now. Thanks to Nick for the tip.

****Update****

It also looks like they are having some issues with the size of the Stairs at scene 1 entry of SS22 - could this be the entrace of 1428 Elm Street?

Exciting stuff!

My thoughts:

SS23 : Clash of the Titans/God of War themed house ie lots of blood, dismemberment, decapitation, etc.

Sprung 1 : in the hope of all the houses/sz being tied together this year, and the fact that we have a mythology based house, I would like to think that there is possibly a meuseum where the exhibits come to life. ie night at the museum but much more mature. there is also the chance that this will be another wax museum.

Sprung 2 : sounds like Frightanic to me, can't really picture much more than being up top of a boat being invaded by (place awesome creature here)

Parade Building : i have to agree that this sounds like a time passage through HHN past

and to comment on the stair issue in SS22, perhaps the problem could be that "people" don't fit "under the stairs"

Just my thoughts, love to hear some feed back as i dont often post.

About the scene names, I wouldn't necessarily like to have a Medusa/Greek house for HHN's 20 anniversary. The houses should be best of the best or icon houses, something along the lines.

In spec. thoughts: Body Collectors: CftP & The Hallow were based on myths (the website clearly stated that.) Medusa was a mythological creature, right. About the Parade Building house: there's going to be the vortex , and most 3-D/funhouse houses have the vortex, does that mean, no 3-D/funhouse type of house. Also, the Rat Lady Corridor is room #9, the second to last room. Could that mean you enter the house set during recent years and travel back in time towards Fright Nights and the first appearance of the Rat Lady?

Sorry if my ideas are too far-fetcher or "out-there". I seem to over-interrogare things.

Finally something to chew on!

About the scene names, I wouldn't necessarily like to have a Medusa/Greek house for HHN's 20 anniversary. The houses should be best of the best or icon houses, something along the lines.

Sounds OK to me you can do a lot with mythical creatures and it could be a ST 4 ... but either way I doubt those are code names for the scenes... so will have a Greek house either way.

The rat Lady scene was prominent in the Dungeon of Terror... every dungeon of terror (save the 16 one). AND if I recall she was pretty close to the end of the houses. So could be a Dungeon of Terror which would completely make sense for a reunion.

Stairs as were stated could also be the sweeping staircase in the Screamhouse.

Observation Deck could be either S.S. Fritanic... Space ship... something along that nature...

The museum hallway could be horror in wax, HHN house revisited, museum of unnatural history... or a myriad of other things.

Edited by JWFearman