HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see a SZ version of Dead Exposure

It would just basically be like the Scare Zone by Dead Exposure. If you're talking black lights and paint, then I suppose it could be a creative idea...

It would just basically be like the Scare Zone by Dead Exposure. If you're talking black lights and paint, then I suppose it could be a creative idea...

That's what I'm talking about. Black lights, white paint, zombies, with some fog. Set in the 20-40's. Would be pretty cool imo.

A Deadtropolis scarezone would work better then a Dead Exposure scarezone if both were done right imo.

I disagree. While I think a Deadtropolis SZ would be easier to accomplish, a true Dead Exposure SZ would be incredible if executed well. It would be hard, but I think it could be pretty freaking cool.

Edited by Audio

Zombies do not breathe and they are already cold.. oops did I mention ZOMBIES?

Zombies are like a cold beer, they just seem to make everything in life a little better... ;)

Hoping for some zombified action again this year!

A Dead Exposure scarezone could prove to be very interesting indeed...that has to be one of the most unappreciated houses from the past several years. And I have to admit, I don't get scared easily at all, but our first trip through that house...freaked me out completely!

Edited by Hush

I disagree. While I think a Deadtropolis scarezone would be easier to accomplish, a true Dead Exposure SZ would be incredible if executed well. It would be hard, but I think it could be pretty freaking cool.

Eh to each their own, I think a DE scarezone would just come out gimmicky but thats just me, don't get me wrong is a nifty idea.

Eh to each their own, I think a DE scarezone would just come out gimmicky but thats just me, don't get me wrong is a nifty idea.

A DE scarezone would be amazing, but as you mentioned it call also turn into a cheesefest if not executed properly. (Kind of like Blood Masquerade did that one year trying to be the Castle Vampyr of scarezones...LOL)What made DE such an amazing house was you had no clue what was coming, the strobes and just overall visual effects of that house made it off the charts. Trying to achieve that same outcome in an outdoor scarezone would be very challenging, but I'd love to seem them give it a try! ;)

A DE scarezone would be amazing, but as you mentioned it call also turn into a cheesefest if not executed properly. (Kind of like Blood Masquerade did that one year trying to be the Castle Vampyr of scarezones...LOL)What made DE such an amazing house was you had no clue what was coming, the strobes and just overall visual effects of that house made it off the charts. Trying to achieve that same outcome in an outdoor scarezone would be very challenging, but I'd love to seem them give it a try! ;)

Agreed. The only thing that I would see hard to transition from the house to the streets would be the sense of anxiety, where you can't tell where you're going and you can't tell what's coming, what's real. Everything was just so confusing. It really messed with all of my senses. Strobes were a big part of that, but they can't bring strobes into the streets. Another thing Universal would screw up is the blacklights. Knowing how they normally do things, they'd only put 2-3 in the SZ and to get the full effect it would require many more.

For zombie scarezones i'd really love to see a Night of the Living Dead-esque scarezone.

It worked great as War of the Living Dead last year, I don't see why not.

Agreed. The only thing that I would see hard to transition from the house to the streets would be the sense of anxiety, where you can't tell where you're going and you can't tell what's coming, what's real. Everything was just so confusing. It really messed with all of my senses. Strobes were a big part of that, but they can't bring strobes into the streets. Another thing Universal would screw up is the blacklights. Knowing how they normally do things, they'd only put 2-3 in the SZ and to get the full effect it would require many more.

Exactly; and I think that is what made DE such an amazing house was the sheer anxiety factor...never knowing what to expect or when to expect it. Moving a concept like this to the streets that relies on such visual effects would be very hard to pull off, unless they created a covered maze of sorts to walk thru...and then that just brings up more crowd flow/control issues. Although if a covered maze was placed in the right location, perhaps in the 8th Avenue area between Shrek and the old Zena/Herc building, it could essentially be done...allowing walking access on both sides with the SZ built down the middle of the street.

The possiblities are endless, as with all scarezones it's a matter of execution in both construction and showmanship.

I think Dead Exposure worked so well because it was a "house" and not a scarezone. A lot of, if not all, of the anxiety and fear that was created in Dead Exposure was due to the confined spaces, darkness and slow strobe lights. IMO, all of those aspects would be very hard to re-create in an outdoor environment.

What year did they use the Zombies in New York, I think it was 16 that was the year they had the zombie Hunters on the Motorcycles. Thry had zombie hookers, Business men zombies, doorman zombies, that was done well and it was a big zone.

What year did they use the Zombies in New York, I think it was 16 that was the year they had the zombie Hunters on the Motorcycles. Thry had zombie hookers, Business men zombies, doorman zombies, that was done well and it was a big zone.

I think Dead Exposure worked so well because it was a "house" and not a scarezone. A lot of, if not all, of the anxiety and fear that was created in Dead Exposure was due to the confined spaces, darkness and slow strobe lights. IMO, all of those aspects would be very hard to re-create in an outdoor environment.

Precisely... :)

As I stated earlier, the only way they could try to recreate the aspects of this house that made is amazing would be to build some type of maze like enclosure outside and make it a mini-house/scarezone of sorts.

All in all, it would be a difficult task to try and use the concept that DE in a scarezone environment without going to some extreme measures.

Yes, that was the Deadtropolis scarezone at Sweet 16.

Precisely... :)

As I stated earlier, the only way they could try to recreate the aspects of this house that made is amazing would be to build some type of maze like enclosure outside and make it a mini-house/scarezone of sorts.

All in all, it would be a difficult task to try and use the concept that DE in a scarezone environment without going to some extreme measures.

I think the adage "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" applies here. If Universal wants to bring back the Dead Exposure concept, in my opinion it belongs in a house. I don't know if I'd bring the concept back so soon, but I'd love to see another house like Dead Exposure sometime in the future.

I think the adage "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" applies here. If Universal wants to bring back the Dead Exposure concept, in my opinion it belongs in a house. I don't know if I'd bring the concept back so soon, but I'd love to see another house like Dead Exposure sometime in the future.

I agree, we've all just been conversing how it would be possible to do a DE scarezone and gain the same effect that the house had; in the end the concept is much more suited to a house environment overall.

It'd be nice to see a sequel to the DE house itself in another year or two, that was one of those many well done houses over the years that didn't get the props it truly deserved in my book.

This would be a cool idea I thought of

I was thinking that maybe they will have a "new" icon, but someone that has always been there but not ever mentioned. Maybe this icon has led The Caretaker to start doing autopsies on people to get there soles and he made Jack start killing all those people, and helped The Director with all of his very real horror films. He just helped all the icons with their evil doings and now he is stepping up to claim his evil doings. He wants to take credit for them all mayhem that each one of them has caused and release all the icons with new demented ideas.

What do you guys and gals think?

Alright so in the last hours ive been thinking and reading. What if the did like a childsdoll house gone wrong for Cindy but they should do the lighting like Dead Exposure? Idk about you guys but that was by far one of the scariest houses ive seen and dolls + that lighting would be intense

Alright so in the last hours ive been thinking and reading. What if the did like a childsdoll house gone wrong for Cindy but they should do the lighting like Dead Exposure? Idk about you guys but that was by far one of the scariest houses ive seen and dolls + that lighting would be intense

Wouldn't that be like Chucky and Scary Tales mixed?

that was one of those many well done houses over the years that didn't get the props it truly deserved in my book.

I agree. The house was especially good during the beginning of the run before the actors were told to change some of their scare-tactics. To an extent, I find similarities between Dead Exposure and The Thing. For me, both were better early in the season and both created a high level of anxiety.

As far as this year, I think Sting Alley will return as a scarezone or hopefully as part of a larger zone. The entrance to the Mummy is what hinders a larger NY zone like we had with Deadtropolis. Maybe they could use Delancey Street/Sting Alley as one larger zone?