HHN XX Speculation

Mark M.

To me, twenty years of fear kind of remind me of the early days and years of HHN, so I think it is appropriate for the theme name. just consider that they may be doing early advertising, and do not want to give up the theme quite yet. This is the same reason why the site is not updated...

Just because the website gets updated doesnt mean they have to release the theme right away. They are obviously up to somthing with leaving the site generic this long. I am looking forward to seeing it.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's just a teaser slogan frankly. Just to let the outside fans know what they're in for. I haven't looked too far into it. But hey, I've been proven wrong more than once. ;)

My thoughts exactly. I feel like it is more of a placeholder slogan than the actual final slogan.

Michael Roddy's status update (I've heard he's not involved so this may be pointless)

"Good Luck to all of the fiends, ghouls, clowns, caretakers, madmen, monsters, and chainsaw wielding maniacs auditioning tonight. You are the reason people scream at HHN.

Maybe I'm reading too far into it but it sounds like Jack and Caretaker may be back, or this is just a general good luck to everyone.

Michael Roddy's status update (I've heard he's not involved so this may be pointless)

"Good Luck to all of the fiends, ghouls, clowns, caretakers, madmen, monsters, and chainsaw wielding maniacs auditioning tonight. You are the reason people scream at HHN.

Maybe I'm reading too far into it but it sounds like Jack and Caretaker may be back, or this is just a general good luck to everyone.

It's just a general good luck to everyone. Nothing special.

I hope that the stiltwalkers this year may include some wearing the new Weta Legs.

For anybody else who was wondering "What the heck are Weta Legs" like myself:

Weta is today hugely excited to bring to the world Weta Legs, a digitigrades leg extension for performers, costumers and anyone who’s ever wanted to walk like an animal. Since they were displayed a year ago on the Internet for the first time, there has been tremendous interest from performers across the world.

Weta Legs are a unique, low profile, professional grade, reverse leg stilt for creature and costume performances in movies, television, theatre, circus, street performances and other creative contexts. Something previously reserved for commercial film and television projects, they are the first of their kind available commercially to the public.

They are really cool and I'm thinking about making a pair in my infinite free time.

However, the company no longer makes them (at least for the public) due to lack of interest apparently.

I have seen, at least similar stilts on Uni employees, they just did not have the bend.

No doubt we will see tons of stilt walkers... It's a no brainer. They are there and have been there every year I can remember.

Now digitigrade stilts on the other hand would definitely stand out!

Edited by JWFearman

House of a 1000 corpses was done at HHN Hollywood back when they had the movie but didn't release it. The house was designed by Mr Zombie himself. Of course they also did an Undertaker from the WWE house also, weird how could that not be a huge hit,,lol

Those WETA legs are pretty sweet. they used em in the 2nd Underworld movie for the werewolves. Anyway, the tagline 20 years of fear is a good way to keep ppl interested. I am, like some, frustrated with the slow update of the site. but like someone on hear already said, maybe they know something we don't.

Anyone else think of a possible location to use the Weta Legs? Like maybe that Greek Mythology House/Room! They could have some scary looking Satyrs walking around.

biblemonsterssatyr.jpg

Satyr.jpg

Edited by Gambit

Anyone else think of a possible location to use the Weta Legs? Like maybe that Greek Mythology House/Room! They could have some scary looking Satyrs walking around.

Good call. I could see those working well with that type of costuming. I hope they do have a Greek mythology house. I think there is a lot they could do with it.

how much were the fast passes last year..they bumped the ticket price so I wanna gauge how much to expect this year...I have a feeling we're gonna need em.

I know that last year my boyfriend and I found out if you want cheaper ones, get the pass that's 25 dollars. You have to wait to use them until 10 o' clock though. I hope they'll be that much again this year. Gonna get my hands on some of those. :)

Looking at the construction in the Disaster queue... it could be a garage, it could even possibly be a living room that the vehicle could have crashed through. There looks like enough room for a scareactor to be placed at that possible closed door to dash out and reset, with guests walking around the side of vehicle that we see in the photos is where guests are. So it might be the ending of the maze, or just a scene without the connecting hall built yet.

So.. could it be a zombie house, or something involving a clinic as the scene we currently see?

Sorry for any possible interruption, but I quess this is a more appropriate area to post this thought....

I heard from someone who was at the reunion auditions last night that the availability sheet had 8 houses and 6 scarezones in the usual places.

Yeah TJ confirmed that at Huantcon now and forever. :)

The pic of the paneling in disaster queue over in the construction thread looks like t-111.

I may be reading into that too much but hugely popular during the '60s, 70's, and 80's... Goes with the Chevy Astro which was also popular late 80's.. could this be a period based house?

Edited by JWFearman

I thought the van was a 90s brand.

I don't know about that one... I'm not an old van buff. But they started in '85 and were popular through early 2000's

That looks like a first gen ('85 to '94) so it would fit in an late 80's/early 90's house.

It could be grasping at straws but noticed and thought I throw it out there.

I don't know about that one... I'm not an old van buff. But they started in '85 and were popular through early 2000's

That looks like a first gen ('85 to '94) so it would fit in an late 80's/early 90's house.

It could be grasping at straws but noticed and thought I throw it out there.

I think your looking to much into it.. or you might be on to something.

Hell the cars in Horrorwood last yr range from 80-90s and they wasnt really any time frame for that SZ.

It might just be a car they picked up cheap at a junkyard for all we know.

I know that last year my boyfriend and I found out if you want cheaper ones, get the pass that's 25 dollars. You have to wait to use them until 10 o' clock though. I hope they'll be that much again this year. Gonna get my hands on some of those. :)

Wow thanks Dinah!! I had no idea those existed....sounds more like my kinda pricing LOL

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows