Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

Since there's no planning thread for 2015, I'll just ask here: Does anyone think that San Francisco is too far of a drive to Universal? Does anyone on these forums live in the area? I might have to move before HHN season. Obviously I'd have to rent a hotel every time I visited HHN since I don't want to drive for 5 hours at 2 in the morning, but I don't know if my parents would be ok with that added expense.

Edited by deliciousoatmeal

Let's try not to veer off from HHN speculation and continue the discussion in the "Random Park News" thread in the USH subforum. We can focus on the HHN-Related themes on the survey though.

Pretty interesting that they have been considering a JW experiments maze like Orlando did long ago. That could be interesting.

Posts about the in-park survey have been removed, please DO NOT post or talk about anything related to this matter. Thanks!

From Universal Studios Hollywood:

"This information was disclosed to participants in a confidential consumer survey conducted by Universal Studios Hollywood theme park for internal business purposes. This information should not have been made public as was disclosed without our authorization and in violation of our rights."

• Like 1

It seems that a new record for the amount of pages in a treatment has happened every year now. And I have to agree, Walking Dead felt much shorter last year. The number of pages doesn't always mean it's longer though, right? It can also just apply to the amount of detail in each room?

Yeah, as mentioned before Page Treatments are pretty much a written version of a maze and it goes into the nitty gritty of all the details. The more pages there are, the more detailed things usually are.

For reference, here's the Page Treatment numbers from last year. (No idea what From Dusk Till Dawn's page treament was.)

TWD:End of Line - 90 Pages

Face Off - 75 Pages

Clowns 3D - 75 Pages

Dracula Untold - 72 Pages

AVP - 55 Pages

AWIL:Unessicary Black Walls a Go-Go - 47 Pages

Well, I think we know what's going to be inside of 747. The Crimson Peak trailer has been released. Something like this would be CRAZY detailed and massive. It would HAVE to go inside of a sound stage. I'll re-post my speculation list that I still feel confident about:

Headlining property: Walking Dead

2015 Uni promotional property: Crimson Peak

3D maze: Dark Christmas

2015 release movie: In3idious

Urban legends: Trick 'r Treat

For the two "fair game" slots, I'm going to guess AHS and a Universal monsters maze or something to hopefully celebrate the ten-year anniversary.

I'd count out 10th anniversary mazes unless it was based on scarezones. So far, all the original mazes wouldn't make sense smashed together and have branding to them (Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Slash). Cucuy & Llorona could be interesting but doubt iiiit.

This is one of the examples of how focusing almost exclusively on branded/IP mazes is a bit of a drawback.. How the hell do they celebrate HHN's 10th Anniversary the proper way if so many different studios/IPs were involved?

Personally, 10 Years of HHN maze to me would be..

Director

Welcome To Hell

Meat Market

La Llorona

El Cucuy

Klownz/Freakz/Jack

Reaperz

Toyz

Freakz and Geekz (2011 tram)

Scarface/Flasher

Strangers

etc..

I'd count out 10th anniversary mazes unless it was based on scarezones. So far, all the original mazes wouldn't make sense smashed together and have branding to them (Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, Slash). Cucuy & Llorona could be interesting but doubt iiiit.

I wasn't referring to a "mash-up of all of the originals" maze in my post. I was suggesting the Usher maze that was supposedly in the works for 28. It would focus on the Universal monsters. This would be the best year to do it as a celebration of HHN's tenth anniversary. Have it go where stage 28 was and it would make a recipe for the perfect backstory. This is more wishful thinking than speculation, but it's a nice thought. It would be nice if Murdy considered it.

Murdy's goal has always been to be different than Orlando, for better or for worse. That's why I don't think they will look at this as an "anniversary". If anything, I think they would have acknowledged the fifth anniversary in 2010.

I don't think Hollywood will really be seeing any sort of 10th Anniversary celebration. It's John's tenth anniversary working the event, but it's not necessarily the event's tenth. Murdy's already said that Horror Nights in Hollywood had ran before him, so it *technically* isn't the 10th year.