Halloween Horror Nights 25 Wishful Thinking

Legacy

-so here's my little speculation overview now that these updates have got the thread stirring.-

Just going to tell you my thoughts regarding whether TWD returns or not, since that was brought up a few posts up. I DO NOT see The Walking Dead returning to the event this year. I feel like Universal sent TWD away with it's "Biggest House in History." There's no way to top it, especially how this current season is going. I feel like HHN24's "biggest house" was the big farewell to TWD. The only way I see The Walking Dead returning in the future, is possibly through the upcoming spin off show, but we have no idea what that show has to offer yet.

As for AHS, I'm not one of the ones dying for it to come. I personally didn't enjoy the show too much until Freakshow aired. I think it could come to the event, BUT that's only if these so called "rights problems" get sorted out. I actually am not sure how Freakshow would work at this year's event, considering we are most likely already getting clowns and carnival themes, because of Jack's return. What I think could happen is AHS Freakshow could become one of our shows this year, since RHPS might not be coming back. That would be the "Freakshow-Style Show" we saw on the survey back in January.

Could there be more icons than only Jack? I certainly think so. They may not take leading roles, but I believe they will be participating in the event whether it's our "throwback" house, or even the icons in person on the streets or in a show maybe. I do think that Jack will have the starring role though, considering he's the most relatable icon to release to the newer crowds.

Krampus as a house? This is one of my most anticipated ideas. I think that with Hollywood's success with "Dark Christmas", we get a Krampus house. Not to mention that 2 movies are coming out (this year) based on Krampus, and one is a Universal film. Therefore, yes I believe we get a Krampus or even "Urban Legends: Krampus" house.

• Like 1

@HorrorNightsORL: Never too soon to panic for #HHN5... Click http://t.co/nD2v9MF2Uyto get the gory package details. http://t.co/YVuVafDHCR

Since the hashtag/tweet hasn't been corrected, I'm going to make a wild speculation!!!!

It's a hint that we shall revisit something for HHN5!! Midway of the Bizarre? Horrorwood Blvd? Universal's House of Horrors?

• Like 1

@HorrorNightsORL: Never too soon to panic for #HHN5... Click http://t.co/nD2v9MF2Uyto get the gory package details. http://t.co/YVuVafDHCR

Since the hashtag/tweet hasn't been corrected, I'm going to make a wild speculation!!!!

It's a hint that we shall revisit something for HHN5!! Midway of the Bizarre? Horrorwood Blvd? Universal's House of Horrors?

If that wasn't a messup, probably Midway of the Bizarre, considering it's history in Horror Nights.

Speaking of twitter:

4fdcc5f3e3.png

Do they usually tag the word "terror?"

Anyways. HHN 5...

Don't tell me we got rebooted.

Eh. Probably just an error.

No, they don't usually tag terror, but it seems to be their go to word this year. Two possibilities:

1 The word may become relevant to this year's theming or tagline. Which seems very possible. 25 years of terror was used in every Facebook update and tweet.

2 No one in marketing owns a thesaurus.

On a side note: the following quote is the reason why I have zero faith in the perceptions of the general public.

"Laura you must didn't go last year. Jason was the best house to me. He was EVERYWHERE"

Yes, that is an actual comment from the HHN Facebook page.

• Like 2

On a side note: the following quote is the reason why I have zero faith in the perceptions of the general public.

"Laura you must didn't go last year. Jason was the best house to me. He was EVERYWHERE"

Yes, that is an actual comment from the HHN Facebook page.

Fuckin Jason, man. He was everywhere. I saw him in Walking Dead, AVP, Roanoke. They really shoved him down our throats this year. When it got to the point where one of the Wendigos was dressed in a hockey mask and had a machete, I knew they were trying too hard....like this joke.

• Like 3

I don't even know where this person's pulling "Jason" from.

I really don't know who he could've mistaken him for.

Facebook is hell.

Only one possibility...

The person thinks Michael Myers is Jason Voorhees.

I've also decided that 25 years of terror may indeed be are tagline.

I also retract my comment about Marketing not owning a thesaurus. They obviously have one.

20 years of fear...

25 years of terror...

• Like 3

I don't think Universal knows how to use hash tags. I'm not real familiar but isn't the whole idea to use a unique word so that you can find them in a trend?... much unlike the generic words #nightmare and #terror which I'm sure get hash tagged a bazillion times a day.

• Like 1

I don't think Universal knows how to use hash tags. I'm not real familiar but isn't the whole idea to use a unique word so that you can find them in a trend?... much unlike the generic words #nightmare and #terror which I'm sure get hash tagged a bazillion times a day.

Unless you're certain there's no way your marketing in March for a detail-less Halloween event will actually trend.

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 3

Only one possibility...

The person thinks Michael Myers is Jason Voorhees.

I've also decided that 25 years of terror may indeed be are tagline.

I also retract my comment about Marketing not owning a thesaurus. They obviously have one.

20 years of fear...

25 years of terror...

A very simple one. Lol

• Like 1

I just thought of something. If Poesidon is used, there's only so much they can do with it without doing some serious demo.

There aren't many viable horror IPs that would fit, but you know what could fit it extremely well?

Catacombs.

• Like 5

@HorrorNights: I don't think there's any way you'll be able to predict this last maze property...way outside the typical box of horror. WAY outside!

@HorrorNights: It's something I've been secretly working on getting for a couple years with a little help from our "friends." Looks like it will happen now

Hollywood BUT the "friends" bit may imply shared IP. Thoughts?

Hollywood BUT the "friends" bit may imply shared IP. Thoughts?

"Box of Horror" = Television set

Last couple of years = Released prior to 2013

Outside the box of horror = Television come to life

Never guess = Is it even an IP?

Equals

Bloodengutz Presents: Reality Terror-Vision!

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 2

Someone mentioned the commercial, and that got me thinking/obsessing over it. I think the last couple of years, the commercial has truly sucked. The last one I liked was for HHN 22 - I love the "once you're inside, there is no way out" tag. After that, it went in the toilet. The commercials were nothing like the ones for years like 2006, 2007, 2008 (2008 is my fave of all time - it's fckn epic). It got depressing because I so look forward to the commercial.

Considering all these ideas - possible icons (other than just Jack) coming back, possibly the use of both parks, possibly an extreme house or more houses than 8.. what are your thoughts on how that might translate to the commercial? This would be a classic "go big or go home" moment, don't you think? If I was part of designing this year's event, I'd want to play the hell out of a huge anniversary and translate that to people by showing them some really creative, scary stuff in the commercial this year. Thoughts?

• Like 2

NO! NO! check it out:

DR WHO! Outside the box? Not a movie... a TV show. The box being a television. But also a Police box. Also another word for "friend" is "companion".Dr's sidekick always called a "companion". Not traditionally thought of as horror. Is not a new IP. AND Mike went over there last year.

Boom! *mic drop* :P

• Like 5