HHN 2014: Alien VS Predator

Freak

Currently basking in the moment of being right and HOLY HOLY HOLY AVP.

I'm excited for the puppets alone. I guess I need to watch Requiem. **Sigh** I have to watch a bad movie for HHN.

There are a few really great scenes in Requiem. Just tell yourself that while watching most of the awful, awful movie.

• Like 1

This is a very important maze for HHN. If this goes well, it will prove that unconventional properties and themes can be successful, expanding the event's possibilities to further corners of the horror genre.

Moreover, this entire year is important as every maze seems to pose great risks. If FDTD and AWiL do well, they will prove that less-developed or low awareness franchises can be successful as well. Not to mention the first time use of these puppets, creature suits, and all new special effects I keep hearing about. I'm immensely excited, but I hope they haven't bitten off more than they can chew.

• Like 1

I'm excited but nervous. Last year Murdy said Evil Dead was going to be super advanced and awesome looking and we got dummies and awful robots that are neither scary or impressive looking. He hyped up the raining blood scene and it was minsters with a red light on it...

Hopefully he sticks to puppets when possible for the xenos, but I'm concerned what the predators will look like. Actors with rubber masks? Taking on a big risk with this property and hopefully it pays off!

The 2 things I think they will do for the cloaking are a Predator costume that blends in to a particular spot on the wall (My personal favorite scare of BS) or a static model with projection mapping. Does anyone still think that parts of the maze will be in Antarctica? That first room sure does look like the Whaling Station. I hope at least some of the maze is. I could see them going with Requiem's plot for the press release because it sounds more interesting as a maze, but I still hope we get to visit that pyramid. I mean come on, 16 foot walls? What else is that going to be?

but I still hope we get to visit that pyramid. I mean come on, 16 foot walls? What else is that going to be?

The facade is probably going to be the crashed spaceship mentioned in the description, and speaking of the description, with the mention of the crashed spaceship in the countryside it's sounding like this maze will be more faithful to Requiem. Which admittedly is a bit of a bummer when you look at Orlando taking theirs in a more original direction which can allow them to have a lot more fun with it.

• Like 1

The 2 things I think they will do for the cloaking are a Predator costume that blends in to a particular spot on the wall (My personal favorite scare of BS) or a static model with projection mapping. Does anyone still think that parts of the maze will be in Antarctica? That first room sure does look like the Whaling Station. I hope at least some of the maze is. I could see them going with Requiem's plot for the press release because it sounds more interesting as a maze, but I still hope we get to visit that pyramid. I mean come on, 16 foot walls? What else is that going to be?

I wished the whole maze would have been based off of the first movie, It would have been pretty awesome to walk through there in the cold with those sci-fi looking walls. Alas, a part of me figured that it wouldn't be practical being able to pull off the giant pyramid. I haven't seen the second film, but judging from the locations Zero mentioned, I don't see how they could incorporate the 16 ft. walls solely off of Requiem. My theory is that they'll include the Alien Queen or a scene in the space ship as an original creative liberty (i.e. how the asylum was added in Halloween). There's no way they would just incorporate both movies into one maze. It would be extremely strange to transition jumping from one continent to another in a few seconds. Not to mention that they can only fit so much in that space. Doing some of their own creative liberties to incorporate it into the Requiem environments would be the best solution to get the best of both films. I see this as the most-likely scenario being that Murdy has not outright said it's going to be based on one of the films.

Redundant VS Redundancy: Redundant

• Like 1

I highly doubt projection mapping would be used in the maze. It's much easier to do on a flatter surface and just wouldn't be worth it for one or two static predators. The radioactive demon effect seems more likely but the sets are defiantly gunna be more intricate than green dots on a rock wall so idk how they could actually do it.

I highly doubt projection mapping would be used in the maze. It's much easier to do on a flatter surface and just wouldn't be worth it for one or two static predators. The radioactive demon effect seems more likely but the sets are defiantly gunna be more intricate than green dots on a rock wall so idk how they could actually do it.

Well they do have have the projectors from the V.I.P experience and to my knowledge they're not doing that this year(projection mapping) since Murdy isn't involved anymore. I don't think they would leave them laying around. It's not that difficult to project onto a Human figure. It's a task surely but it's not something Murdy and his Tech team can't pull off.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 1

Requiem might be a terrible film but as an attraction it has potential.

I totally agree. There are a few amazing scenes in that movie but overall it is awful. But the second part doesn't matter in a maze.

I really hope they have a nursery full of babies and a Predalien attacking you. It isn't HHN unless babies are being killed.

• Like 1

If the maze is actually based on requiem count me even more excited! It's funny how I remember watching requiem a couple years ago and telling my brother that the hospital would be an amazing maze environment. What I'm thinking now is that maybe the facade will be the crashed space ship in the woods which would explain the rusty metal. It's true that requiem is an awful movie but that doesn't mean the maze will suck too. The NOES remake is a movie I absolutely hate as much as or more than how much I hate After Earth but the maze was great.

I really don't see them basing the whole maze on Requiem. Just seems like an odd movie to be faithful to that came out 7 years ago and was a box office failure. Like I said before, I think it'll be a mix of both movies and original stuff.

Like 10% first film, 40% Requiem, 50% original.

• Like 3

I really don't see them basing the whole maze on Requiem. Just seems like an odd movie to be faithful to that came out 7 years ago and was a box office failure. Like I said before, I think it'll be a mix of both movies and original stuff.

Like 10% first film, 40% Requiem, 50% original.

I hope it's this mix. It seems like Orlando got around the Alien rights dilema by making original environments that might as well be the Nostromo.

From they way the Maze description sounds we are starting off in the Scout Ship that the Predalien causes to crash. It would feel haphazard if we start off in America and end up in a Pyramid in Bouvetøya. The rustic walls from the MiceChat update could be the Gunnison Power Plant from the film. I don't think Murdy cares if the film did bad or if it's 7 years old, it's the simple fact he gets to bring these two iconic monsters to HHN.

I hope it's this mix. It seems like Orlando got around the Alien rights dilema by making original environments that might as well be the Nostromo.

The way they got around the Disney/Alien rights was doing AVP (and not mentioning the Xenomorph by name any of the official press releases[which makes me chuckle]). The Weyland-Yutani installation in Central America seems more like the location from the Game than the Nostromo. Edited by Zero56