HHN 2014: Alien VS Predator

Freak

• 2 weeks later...

avp-550x549.png

“‘AVP: Alien vs. Predator’ is by far the most technically complicated and ambitious maze we’ve ever created for ‘Halloween Horror Nights,’” said John Murdy, Creative Director for Universal Studios Hollywood and Executive Producer of “Halloween Horror Nights.” “It’s a monumental undertaking to recreate these massive, iconic characters for a live event. Fortunately, we have the expert assistance of Academy Award-winning make-up artists, Tom Woodruff and Alec Gillis from Amalgamated Dynamic Inc. (ADI), the special effects geniuses behind the original creatures for the AVP film franchise. Tom and Alec and the ADI team are excited about our maze and have graciously allowed us to cast from their original molds so that our maze will be absolutely authentic to the movies.”

SYRYVKQ.jpg

Edited by Ridesandstuff
  • Like 4

Seems like Orlando is basing more on the game where Hollywood's maze is based more on Requiem. So what the heck is that rusty wall if it isn't the Whaling Station! Also if ADI is helping them and letting them use original molds those costumes are going to look amazing.

• Like 1

Seems like Orlando is basing more on the game where Hollywood's maze is based more on Requiem. So what the heck is that rusty wall if it isn't the Whaling Station! Also if ADI is helping them and letting them use original molds those costumes are going to look amazing.

mostly requiem? where'd you see that?

• Like 1

I'm excited for the puppets alone. I guess I need to watch Requiem. **Sigh** I have to watch a bad movie for HHN.

To reply to your comment on the Speculation thread, in the description for the maze it says a ship crash lands in a remote section of America where they "escape" into the countryside. Same thing happens in Requiem... does this mean Predalien? I sure freaking hope so

• Like 1

To reply to your comment on the Speculation thread, in the description for the maze it says a ship crash lands in a remote section of America where they "escape" into the countryside. Same thing happens in Requiem... does this mean Predalien? I sure freaking hope so

Where's the description? I cant find it

nvm found it

Im still hoping its not just requiem, but a combination of the two

Edited by Ridesandstuff
  • Like 3

The trailer seemed very general with footage from both movies, so I think this will be basically an "original" version of the concept, perhaps with a few odes to the movies. Think Kill, Jason, Kill.

I hope that the queue will feature clips from all the movies!

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 3

The trailer seemed very general with footage from both movies, so I think this will be basically an "original" version of the concept, perhaps with a few odes to the movies. Think Kill, Jason, Kill.

I hope that the queue will feature scenes from all the movies!

The trailer had nothing but Requiem footage except that one shot with (forgot his name, Celtic?) the Young blood predator. Edited by Zero56
  • Like 1

I noticed something strange. I was watching the AVPR trailer cause I haven't seen the movie, and the Aliens sound identical to the vampires in the FDTD cast interview announcement. Could that have been a hint that we all missed? Prob just a coincidence but still

Correction the Vampires sound like the Xenomorphs haha. It was just a stock noise they used (which clearly is the Xenomorph).

• Like 1

Imagine the 3D digital mapping they can do for the cloaking effect on the predators. AAAAHHHH!! That would be awesome!

I doubt they would use projection mapping on a scareactor as it would ruin the effect. The closest we'll probably get to the Predator's cloaking device is a pepper's ghost effect.

• Like 1