HHN 2014: Face Off: In the Flesh

Mr.HHN

I have a feeling they will keep most of HoH intact, but I can see some of the areas that have been a problem thematically in the past (the Chucky area comes to mind) being ripped out or drastically changed since they won't need to worry about transforming back to HoH after the event (the location is becoming a restaurant I think).

I think Terror Tram is gone after the crash site set is removed unless they want to do an abbreviated version that just includes the Psycho area. I wouldn't be surprised if they run a Fast and the Furious Express similar to the King Kong Express they did a few years ago to make up for the lost capacity. They could also offer the nighttime version of the Tram Tour they just got clearance to do, although I'm not sure how many people would be interested in that long of a tour during HHN (they could always shorten it).

I realize that, but then why are we able to put a maze in SS747 and on the metro sets? I'm just saying it's a possibility. It's better than no TT.

It took years for us to get a Soundstage Maze. It's not as simple as "hey let's put this here." Even the area they allowed Murdy to use on the Metro Sets is confined to a small space. The Studio makes tons of more money from other Studios renting out the lot than Murdy renting it out for HHN. If it were that easy the event would have moved to the Backlot years ago.

Edited by Zero56

It took years for us to get a Soundstage Maze. It's not as simple as "hey let's put this here." Even the area they allowed Murdy to use on the Metro Sets is confined to a small space. The Studio makes tons of more money from other Studios renting out the lot than Murdy renting it out for HHN. If it were that easy the event would have moved to the Backlot years ago.

True, I guess. So are you guessing there won't be a terror tram next year then?

True, I guess. So are you guessing there won't be a terror tram next year then?

I'm not saying Terror Tram is leaving completely but it wouldn't surprise me if they allocated the money from Terror Tram to an actual replacement for House of Horrors. I guess we have to wait and see where they relocate the Psycho house and Bates Motel set.

Edited by Zero56

They did get permission to start doing nighttime tram tours that will have a slightly different route and script than the daytime tour. They avoided this in the past due to fear of noise complaints from neighbors but pushed for it to help with the anticipated increase in crowds for Harry Potter. I can see this, coupled with the new Fast and the Furious animation, being a replacement for Terror Tram. They could probably still call it Terror Tram and show more horror clips than usual.

• 2 weeks later...

^I've always thought of HOH as a kind of Indoor Scare Zone more than a maze, being more talent driven than set driven. Maybe that's why there's vets in there this year?

They'll be missing out on talent in the other mazes then? ;D

But how I see it: (and this is just me being stupid)

Face/Off = HoH = Needs talent, so it has it

Clowns = I know a few people in there = has talent

Dracula = I've heard of a lot of blackouts being in it (Idk how that works) = I don't even know

AVP = Puppets = Auto-talent

AWiL = Puppets = Auto-talent

FDTD = Just strippers (that's all you need (; ) = Auto-Talent

Walking Dead = Anyone can be a zombie... = Auto-Talent

I guess we good?

Edited by Kurseddragon
  • Like 1

I know a good amount of vets that worked in the Evil Dead maze that's working at Face Off. And they always have their A game on. Guess they going out with a big bang. I agree with you Kursed how now there's that veteran presence that's gonna help that maze compete with the others.

They'll be missing out on talent in the other mazes then? ;D

But how I see it: (and this is just me being stupid)

Face/Off = HoH = Needs talent, so it has it

Clowns = I know a few people in there = has talent

Dracula = I've heard of a lot of blackouts being in it (Idk how that works) = I don't even know

AVP = Puppets = Auto-talent

AWiL = Puppets = Auto-talent

FDTD = Just strippers (that's all you need (; ) = Auto-Talent

Walking Dead = Anyone can be a zombie... = Auto-Talent

I guess we good?

I wouldn't have thought Dracula would have a lot of blackouts............this is gonna be interesting