HHN 2014: Face Off: In the Flesh

Mr.HHN

Is it just me or do they all look like they were made from the same material or something? (I don't watch the show, so I don't know if that's true)

Hopefully Boneyard FX gives it their grittier look.

Something about these masks/make up FX make em look soft or like Playdoh.

Edited by DTH316

Is it just me or do they all look like they were made from the same material or something? (I don't watch the show, so I don't know if that's true)

they are all done under a time limit and are rushed i'm sure though Larry Bones and crew will pick up from there

Along with what Grindhouse said (the masks are made in a hurry) and are probably not built to last like something used in a live haunt. I think the process of making them hard enough to withstand the conditions makes them look grittier.

Yeah most of the creations don't look like they could hold up that long.

Another thought I had...

UMR had remixed versions of the music played in the year round HOH. I think that since the classic monsters will be MIA, the compositions will be original. I think that with the new characters and original soundtrack this is the most work ever put into a HOH overlay. According to Murdy they are adding some scenic props as well...it's certainly the most excited I've been by an overlay.

• Like 1

Another thought I had...

UMR had remixed versions of the music played in the year round HOH. I think that since the classic monsters will be MIA, the compositions will be original. I think that with the new characters and original soundtrack this is the most work ever put into a HOH overlay. According to Murdy they are adding some scenic props as well...it's certainly the most excited I've been by an overlay.

Scenic props were added to the first UMR, but they weren't much. They ended up staying there for good. Hopefully the props will actually make the maze feel very different.

I still need to check out this show. Not really looking forward to the maze though =-/

One thing you CAN look forward to this year: More of this:

DDRRRRRRRRR DEEDEDEEEGEGFDGFDGDG!!!!!!! UUUUUUURRRRRR!!!!! WUBWUBWUBWUUWBWUUUUUUB!!!!!! BOOMM! DUUDUBDYY!!!

Honestly, this is the stupidest maze idea yet, I hate Face Off (it was once a decent show - seasons 1-2ish), the biggest issue I have with this is ... these aren't Murdys designs, nor are they the makeup company that's contracted for HHN, they're designs done by artists not affiliated with HHN, which means, they'll either have to spy those artists bug bucks to come recreate their design every night of the event, OR, it'll be HHN artists applying the makeup/etc. Definitely not appealing to me one bit. *thumbs down*

Edited by Mellie_Monster
  • Like 2

The fact that HoH would be officially closed while this runs they can literally do whatever they want in there with the Sets. That and the amazing costumes from Face-Off... you don't even have to a fan of the show to see how exciting that is.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 1

Let's be real here... we know they're not gonna change more than 5% of the HOH for this.

Well....it's going to change 100% into something else after the event is over so that's fine by me. We might as well cherish the last of our year-round maze.

• Like 1

Let's be real here... we know they're not gonna change more than 5% of the HOH for this.

Altering the sets of an already closed Walk-through attraction is a more realistic expectation than an 8th maze...

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 2

Altering the sets of an already closed Walk-through attraction is a more realistic expectation than an 8th maze...

I agree. There's NO way an eight maze will happen now. Whatever amount they have now, they can't reduce it. They need the funds to make a full maze to make up for HoH's loss. Unless the Terror Tram goes (Which will probably be never), I'm saying seven is as high as we're going.

I agree. There's NO way an eight maze will happen now. Whatever amount they have now, they can't reduce it. They need the funds to make a full maze to make up for HoH's loss. Unless the Terror Tram goes (Which will probably be never), I'm saying seven is as high as we're going.

Not to mention Terror Tram will probably be relocated next year since the 747 Crash site is being demolished. 8th Maze spec should probably be saved for 2016...

Not to mention Terror Tram will probably be relocated next year since the 747 Crash site is being demolished. 8th Maze spec should probably be saved for 2016...

They could easily make us walk through the soundstage ( if it isn't being occupied) or around the soundstage I'm sure they'll be enough room.

They could easily make us walk through the soundstage ( if it isn't being occupied) or around the soundstage I'm sure they'll be enough room.

Right, it sure is easy getting a brand new Soundstage for Theme Park operations, it's not like we have a functioning Movie Studio. Why on earth would they set the Terror Tram path along the side of an un-themed Soundstage, they might as well not even have Terror Tram if they did that.

Edited by Zero56
  • Like 1

I wonder if the HoH close is something they'll be advertising to the public. I'm sure that would call tons of people to flock to the maze to see it one last or even for the first time. I mean, the sets may be very been-there-done-that but they're still impressive. Fun at the least.

TT and HoH have mostly been my throwaway options for trips when I couldn't fit every maze in, but if they were closing for good, their priority skyrockets.

• Like 1

I wouldn't expect anything past a small Facebook post. USH never makes a big deal about anniversaries or closures (at least not anymore[which is unfortunate]). In the final show of T2 there were a few amount of guest with the majority of the audience being Cast Members. Most of the guests throughout the park didn't even realize it was closing.

Edited by Zero56