Face Off : In The Flesh

JDW

I agree. I like the art I just fast forward through the drama.

That's exactly what my wife does on most "reality" shows.

Sucks to hear that its scripted. I was going to try to catch the upcoming season. I guess I still will so I'll be somewhat familiar with the SZ.

• 3 weeks later...

In a way, I have a feeling the style of this scarezone will be more like the 20 years Of fear scarezone from HHNXX and less like the "7" sarezone, just by the way Aiello described it.

Think about it: never in the scarezone description did it say that there would be plain old stages that are slightly decorated. In fact, Mr. Aiello said there will be different themed atmospheres and "habitats" if you would. So think about it:

We will actually be able to come face to face with the horrific monstrosities of the show, instead of looking at them up on stages. The way it is very much like 20YOF from HHNXX, is the fact that 20YOF had numerous scenes from HHN's past and characters that suited those scenes. Not to mention, those characters could run at you or chase you.

That being said, this is going to a really interesting SZ with some really awesome creatures!

Edited by JackTheREAPER
  • Like 1

I said it would be similar to 7, because I was told it would be similar to 7.

I was as well, but I figured it was just part of speculation. It was to my understanding that the original idea was there would be stages and "minions" which kind of breaks the description which says nothing about stages, nor roaming minions. Instead, it says different atmospheres with a couple of themed characters each.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kiwisoup

It looks like the Sept. 9 episode of Face Off is the one featuring Universal Orlando.

Why do you say that? I can find no reference to it having anything to do with Universal...

Why do you say that? I can find no reference to it having anything to do with Universal...

I'm pretty sure the next one is HHN related as well. During the preview for the next episode I caught a quick glimpse of a sign that said Halloween Horror Nights. Also Universal posted a new video today and the marquee in the background was what I saw in the preview last week.

Guest kiwisoup

Oh you're right...the sign you saw is also in the background of this clip Hollywood just posted:

It seems like the challenge for the episode is creating costumes based on fake horror movie posters they are given to work with.

I can't figure out how to embed the promo video for the actual episode, but here's a link:

http://www.syfy.com/videos/Face%20Off/Promos/vid:2809534

Edited by kiwisoup

Does anybody have a list of the monsters/creations going to be shown? I know one or two of Laura's creations will be on the street, but I also hope they put fascinating creations not only scary ones. Like Rayce's violin character in season 2... IMO that was the best creation we've ever seen on the show so it would be so cool to see it in person

So... The featured costumes are "distractions" and the preview costume is a generic distressed dress that hasn't been used by the show?

Yep, just like 7 where the Sins on the stages were distractions for their minions.

And changing out whole sets every 45 minutes on peak nights is going to be a bitch...

So... The featured costumes are "distractions" and the preview costume is a generic distressed dress that hasn't been used by the show?

Yep, just like 7 where the Sins on the stages were distractions for their minions.

And changing out whole sets every 45 minutes on peak nights is going to be a bitch...

Oh! So they are changing out the entire stage/float they will be on too? Seezsh! That does sound like a lot of work!

• Mark M. changed the title to Face Off : In The Flesh
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic