Face Off : In The Flesh

JDW

I'm actually really glad this is a scarezone rather than a house like it is in Hollywood. I don't see a plausible story line other than the "creations come to life" cliche. That feels very overdone nowadays. Maybe it's just me? Is that what people like? In my opinion the scarezone would work much better for a very broad concept such as a reality show but I am definitely looking forward to see these creations, this scarezone is up there with The Purge for my most anticipated.

Guest kiwisoup

I'm actually really glad this is a scarezone rather than a house like it is in Hollywood. I don't see a plausible story line other than the "creations come to life" cliche. That feels very overdone nowadays. Maybe it's just me? Is that what people like? In my opinion the scarezone would work much better for a very broad concept such as a reality show but I am definitely looking forward to see these creations, this scarezone is up there with The Purge for my most anticipated.

The only reason it's a maze in Hollywood is because it's an overlay theme for their permanent House of Horrors, which is in its last year...wondering what they do after that because they count minimal retheming as a whole towards their house count.

The only reason it's a maze in Hollywood is because it's an overlay theme for their permanent House of Horrors, which is in its last year...wondering what they do after that because they count minimal retheming as a whole towards their house count.

That makes a lot of sense. I don't follow the Hollywood event closely so I wasn't sure where it was. But if the HoH is taken out, would they have another place to put another house? But they have the terror tram which could count for a really long house, possibly even 2 houses. I feel the terror tram makes up for the lack of houses in comparison to Orlando. On a side note, would really love to go to the Hollywood event sometime in the near future. :D

Guest kiwisoup

So the makeup from this season being featured will be "Axe Girlfriend". Looked neat. Was personally hoping for Chum Man. :D

I'm wondering if the difficulty in translating the chum monster had anything to do with why it maybe didn't win. That's a lot of prosthetics and may have been too difficult to do every night for HHN.

Guest kiwisoup

In an interview it was confirmed that there are 5 vignettes and the characters will be changing but the vignettes will not. I know some people were wondering.

Looking at various pictures and videos, this zone is definitely similar to 2011's 7. You have several stages with a character looking pretty and being a distraction (and photo op), and on the ground around the stages are "minion" characters doing the main scaring. (Though it did look like a minotaur character from the show was on the ground scaring and not up on a stage.) An' when there's a cast change, it's a different group of characters up on the stages. Some characters have different minions too.

Unlike 7, Face Off doesn't have as many stages. 7 had well, 7. Face Off has four UPDATE - It sounds like it has five actually, one stage wasn't up for EP. The stages are more detailed then 7's.

Character-wise, this is what I could recognize. It's a little tricky in some spots considering they created some original characters that are featured up on stage.

Scarecrow/cornfield stage

- The pumpkinhead creature (From Season 5's Mother Goose challenge.)
- A scarecrow creature, maybe from Season 2's Return to Oz challenge? Either that or it's a original creature. Though the choice of this as a stage creature is a little odd considering it didn't look all too different from the minions of this zone.

The minions for both creatures are scarecrows with some neat burlap masks.

Gothic castle/ruins stage
- A take on Beast from Beauty and the Beast (Original creature created by HHN alumni that have been on the show.)
- Axe Girlfriend

Couldn't really tell what the minions are for the Beast character, while the minions for Axe Girlfriend are guys in tux's carring silver plates with severed heads, and buckets with body parts in them.

Pirate Ship stage
- A pirate captain with a santa beard that was far too white and clean in his delapidated state. (No idea if from show or original)
- A really hard to describe character with a unique head. (It looks very familiar to me, but I can't recall what season, episode or what it's even supposed to be.)

Both character's minions are pirates.

Stage with spiral staircases
- Some kind of character wrapped in snakes (It looks familiar, don't recall what season/episode though.)
- Wicked Witch of the West (Season 2's Return to Oz challenge)

Didn't see what the minions looked like for the character with snakes, and the minions for the witch are...fellow witches I believe? I dunno, one of them barked and whined like a dog in the video I saw.

There's also hooded robe characters at the beginning of the zone.

Edited by Tobias

Pirate Ship stage

- A pirate captain with a santa beard that was far too white and clean in his delapidated state. (No idea if from show or original)

- A really hard to describe character with a unique head. (It looks very familiar to me, but I can't recall what season, episode or what it's even supposed to be.)

Both character's minions are pirates.

I'm gonna take a guess and say that that the "pirate captain" is probably Davey Jones, just an assumption though.

• 6 months later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Face Off : In The Flesh
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic