Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Scare actor Auditons

So if you get the golden ticket, are you in? Or is that still up for grabs with casting?

It's not a for sure thing, but It's very likely. I got my email about orientation a couple weeks after almost everyone else on the FB scareactors page. Just depends.

So if you get the golden ticket, are you in? Or is that still up for grabs with casting?

Not guaranteed. For returning scareactors, it's pretty strongly based on your supervisor reviews from the previous season.

For new people, it might be determined by availability, or if they were on the fence between you and someone else.

Unfortunately I didn't make the cut, but what an experience! I completely see what you guys mean by not holding anything back and I'll be much more prepared next time around. Just wanted to know is there still a chance to re audition later on in the season when they need to fill spots for pool, even though you had already auditioned?

Unfortunately I didn't make the cut, but what an experience! I completely see what you guys mean by not holding anything back and I'll be much more prepared next time around. Just wanted to know is there still a chance to re audition later on in the season when they need to fill spots for pool, even though you had already auditioned?

Yeah, you can apply for pool.

Per USHAuditions on twitter, you can only audition once, not sure if that applies for POOL but I asked on twitter as someone said during auditions that if you didn't recieve a yellow card you'd have more opportunities to audition, their twitter said no, it "wouldn't be fair to others auditioning for people who already auditioned, to audition again." Miscommunication between departments maybe?

Edited by Mellie_M0nster

Per USHAuditions on twitter, you can only audition once, not sure if that applies for POOL but I asked on twitter as someone said during auditions that if you didn't recieve a yellow card you'd have more opportunities to audition, their twitter said no, it "wouldn't be fair to others auditioning for people who already auditioned, to audition again." Miscommunication between departments maybe?

I asked my supervisor if my friend could do anything since he didn't make it, he said to just wait for pool and apply then. So. o.o

I also got a "golden ticket".
How do you know when about to expect a casting email? I haven't gotten anything yet and
its really wearing on my nerves. Really nervous, here. I probably should have written that I had experience with a chainsaw even though I don't.
I was thinking of calling down there around Augest 1st but I don't know how long it takes.

How do you know when about to expect a casting email? I haven't gotten anything yet and

its really wearing on my nerves. Really nervous, here. I probably should have written that I had experience with a chainsaw even though I don't.

I was thinking of calling down there around Augest 1st but I don't know how long it takes.

Just be patient. It took a few weeks for me.

• Like 1

Don't get nervous yet because it takes several weeks for casting emails to come out. Hopefully end of next week or the following week people will start being notified.

Pretty much everyone and their mother puts that they have chainsaw experience regardless of if they have it, so don't worry about that weighing on your chances. Getting saw first year is pretty rare, too.

• Like 1

Is there some kind of email or something that goes out to notify for pool?

No idea if they send it out to people who've applied. I don't think so, though.

Last year, someone on this forum said they applied for pool and so I looked it up on ushjobs.com and it was there. o.o

Doesn't show up until after the event starts, though, as far as I'm aware. I applied like two weeks in, toward the end of September.

There's no email. Like Kursed said, you have to watch for more audition postings, some of which may pop up before HHN starts. I'm also not sure as to the protocol for people who didn't make it through the first round of auditions, but it's worth a shot.

Edited by kingundisputed_

There's no email. Like Kursed said, you have to watch for more audition postings, some of which may pop up before HHN starts. I'm also not sure as to the protocol for people who didn't make it through the first round of auditions, but it's worth a shot.

Like I'd said above via ush auditions on twitter, they said if you didn't make it through the first time, you're not allowed to audition again, I'm assuming this probably includes pool. Oh well, next year maybe.