Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Scare actor Auditons

I still haven't heard anything yet as well. I even made a few phone calls and no response yet. Patience is virtue at this point.

Soooo who is excited for tomorrow night?!?! And, only 4 more days to go till the real fun begin! ;p

p.s. It doesn't hurt to ask.. But does anyone have an extra preview night ticket? Shoot me if I've crossed the line, cause I heard it is quite annoying to ask :/

I emailed them a few weeks back asking about the pool and they replied with, "Everyone who is still listed as Under Consideration will be brought into the Pool as an understudy if they are cast at a later date. Once you are in the Pool, you are assigned a character each night of the event."

So not much help there.

Are people dropping out as Scareactors more than in previous years? Do they want more scare actors on the Terror Tram or even on the path to the backlot? Let us know if you have any info.

Edit: Never mind, DTH, you answered my question. Thanks!

Edited by JGmoney1996

I'm just guessing as to why though. Hopefully someone has better answers than me.

I do notice that the park seems more full of new characters though by the end of the run. Best example I can think of is the monks in Welcome to Hell.

Edited by DTH316

More than 26 people dropped from Tram, that was just the count when I went in on Saturday. By now, I'm sure it's way more.

And to answer everyone's general question of 'why': A lot of the roles this year are extremely physically, emotionally, and mentally taxing. A first-year friend of mine gave it his all and had to switch to pool because the role he was in was making him physically ill; he actually fainted over the weekend and had to be sent home. It's a lot for new people to handle, especially those who are given harder roles. Certainly, people read Murdy's tweets about how rough it is, but until one experiences for themselves, it's impossible to tell if it's a proper fit for any one person. On top of that, scareactors get hurt, harassed, and possibly assaulted every day we're there. Some people can't take that. I, for one, think it's wonderful that people can tell it's not for them and take the initiative to take care of themselves. The health and well-being of an individual is more important than this.

For the record, however, this happens every year. It's not surprising.

Wow, that many dropped out for TT? I'm really bummed. I just got the rejection email and I'm a bit ticked right now, cause TT is what I really wanted. I wanted to do pool more than anything, so I'm unsure. If I get the rejection email does that count more towards a permanent role? If so, can't I be in pool since I'm assuming there are really no height or weight restrictions, though I could be wrong here. Anyone can enlighten me? I hope I wasn't too confusing. It has been a rough night/morning for me :(

I want some hope at the end of the tunnel even though I got the email.. I should have just auditioned for pool instead of auditioning back in July.

Edited by MutantKitten

I know.. but it's gonna be hard to get over the fact of not scaring people for the first time since 2011 :( it feels so weird :/ Now what shall I do on Halloween? -___-

I can imagine that feel.

Every needs a break sometime. Got to HHN that day. lol

• Like 1

I know.. but it's gonna be hard to get over the fact of not scaring people for the first time since 2011 :( it feels so weird :/ Now what shall I do on Halloween? -___-

I remember the first haunt season I'd made the move from NorCal, down to SoCal, and missed being able to get in that season with a SoCal haunt and it was the oddest feeling and you feel lonely and BORED. Honestly, it was really nice after the initial sting wore off, take this month to go experience all the other haunts/Halloween things you couldn't while you were at HHN, that's what I did, I crammed everything I could (which wasn't even half of what they have now since this was back in 2005), into October and it was actually really nice.

Next year will be here in less than a year, I just like to think of it as auditions are (usually) in July, that's only about 8.5-9 months away, it'll fly!

Edited by Mellie_Monster

I remember the first haunt season I'd made the move from NorCal, down to SoCal, and missed being able to get in that season with a SoCal haunt and it was the oddest feeling and you feel lonely and BORED. Honestly, it was really nice after the initial sting wore off, take this month to go experience all the other haunts/Halloween things you couldn't while you were at HHN, that's what I did, I crammed everything I could (which wasn't even half of what they have now since this was back in 2005), into October and it was actually really nice.

Next year will be here in less than a year, I just like to think of it as auditions are (usually) in July, that's only about 8.5-9 months away, it'll fly!

I plan to go with a group of HHN peeps this Thursday to Knott's Scary Farm. I missed Dark Harbor last week :/ haha it does sound better that auditions are less than a year away. I do hope I get cast next year :) Oh, and the party is another thing to look forward to! First timer :D Last year I couldn't go, but this year I can't wait! Getting my costume soon in the mail.

• Like 1