Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Scare actor Auditons

You can't work without your glasses? You don't have to read to be a scareactor or anything. I didn't even own a pair of glasses last year and was able to work fine. Through a mask. But I'm not the blindest person in the world, either.

But you do gotta know whether or not your hand is gonna hit a person's face.

Wow, props to you, hahah. I'm just near-sighted. Like, I don't have any problems with depth-perception when I'm not wearing my glasses. Hmmm.

Gonna be auditioning this year. Any real good useful tips anyone can share, besides the show that you have real control over yourself lol. I'd really appreciate it if anyone who has been to auditions before could break down how the whole process works from start to finish, with good details :). Thank you in advance.

If I have the first time slot to audition today how long can I expect to be there?

Not long. The first audition is usually the only one that's on time. The process itself is about 20 mins, then, if you're chosen, the measurements take about as long. I'd say about an hour, give or take.

Advice: Follow the rules. Don't touch anyone. Don't hold anything back.

Edited by kingundisputed_

I'm curious about what you bring to the audition. The audition page says you need a headshot, but I've also heard that they take one for you and you don't need one. I'm a little confused!

I brought myself.

You don't need a headshot and resume. You are allowed to bring one - they will ask if you have one. But as far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to influence the casting process.

• Like 1

I brought myself.

You don't need a headshot and resume. You are allowed to bring one - they will ask if you have one. But as far as I can tell, it doesn't seem to influence the casting process.

Interesting! Thanks for the quick answer!

If it's your first year and you get hired, you're working every night, right? How does time off work? Do you even get any?

Interesting! Thanks for the quick answer!

If it's your first year and you get hired, you're working every night, right? How does time off work? Do you even get any?

If you're cast for a role, you can expect to work every night of the event.

If you're cast in pool, they line you up each night and you will fill spots of people who are absent. Pool people have to show up every night of the event but you may not be placed into a role.

• Like 1

Okay guys I audition today and I'm a little nervous lol. I just want to know what exactly do they have you do for the audition so I can prepare myself for it. Will they just want you to act like walker? Or roam around a stage moving your body in awkward positions? Tell me please I need to know. I don't want to walk in there without having a clue about what to do. D:

Okay guys I audition today and I'm a little nervous lol. I just want to know what exactly do they have you do for the audition so I can prepare myself for it. Will they just want you to act like walker? Or roam around a stage moving your body in awkward positions? Tell me please I need to know. I don't want to walk in there without having a clue about what to do. D:

Every audition varies but when I auditioned 2 years ago, they have 20-25 people in one large room all act like they're being attacked by a monster (of your choice) at the same time. When the music stops, and then starts again they want you to come back to life as the monster you were attacked by.

After that, they had us line up and act like we were being killed (in any way, we got to pick how we died) one by one. Then they send you outside while they decide who made it or not.

Good luck!