Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Scare actor Auditons

I'm also in the group that has yet to receive any sort of notifying email. Can anyone tell me what scare pool is like? I know all about what it is, but not how often you would scare, etc.

You just line up against a wall and they pick you, give you a number, and then you go do that. Each role is different, obviously. You're just filling in for absences.

Idk how often they send you home, but I wasn't sent home in my week or two in the pool.

You just line up against a wall and they pick you, give you a number, and then you go do that. Each role is different, obviously. You're just filling in for absences.

Idk how often they send you home, but I wasn't sent home in my week or two in the pool.

You'll never be sent home. If you aren't placed in a role at the beginning of the night, they'll place you later.

Apparently I'm in the terror tram despite putting terror tram LAST on my list...

I think I'm just gonna say I'm allergic to prosthetic or drop down to pool if that's possible. -.-

EDIT: My friend lied to me. D:< I don't know where I am yet...

Edited by Kurseddragon

Is that an ok role to have? I'm just really pumped and excited to be apart of this event.

It was pretty effective for scares when it first went in. It wasn't there at the start of the event, but when they placed it, it worked.

Idk if it's fun or not, never tried it, but I wouldn't mind it.

I'd take it any day over terror tram. -.-

• Like 2

Thank you for the info! It really helps! Especially being a rookie. Terror tram that bad? Lol

I asked to be permanent in Cucuy last year (I was originally in the pool) ONLY because I never wanted to be in TT again.

I hated it that much.

But it turns out my friend was joking with me, so idk where I am. Hopefully not tram..

Why didn't you like TT? Also anyone heard anything about rejection letters yet?

It wasn't fun, the dust is annoying, less hours, overall uncomfortable, Walking Dead is boring as SHIT, break room is REALLY far, and the layout is confusing for the first time...

I also wasn't comfortable since it was my very first place and I hadn't gone through any training whatsoever. Literally was like "Here's your spot, then you move here, then over there. EVENT STARTED GO." I didn't know how to scare, or what to do. D: It was weird and scary. I almost slipped on the dirt like 40 times, especially since you have to wear their shoes that you're not comfortable with. I was told to be in one spot to scare, but didn't like it, so I moved and was getting way more scares, and the supervisor came and told me to go back. The other spot was like WAY further, and made you run EVERY time you scared, which was tiring, especially with dirt... But I was like "Fuck it" and went back to my other spot when he left... It was way better. I scared people just standing there and could run out.

Then when I was on terror tram for the second time, I was late 'cause the break times were all weird and no one was helping me. The shoes they gave me scratched the back of my feet so bad. I was constantly jumping on and off a table, PLUS running around at people. It was just overall a bad time...

Maybe it's just my own opinion and experience, but I hate it.

Hi everyone, first year here! Anyone know what a blackout performer is? Kinda curious!

My brother did blackout last year. They're the ones who control the puppets (like AWIL) and dummies (like in Evil Dead last year), slam on walls and windows to make people jump, etc. In my (Walking Dead) maze last year, the only blackout person controlled the Walker horde, which was a hugely effective scare. Everyone I know who has done it really liked it. Is that what you're doing this year?

That list doesn't have much of an impact on anything.

Edited by kingundisputed_
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, first year here! Anyone know what a blackout performer is? Kinda curious!

I was a blackout performer and I liked it. I did El Cucuy last year and I had a laugh scaring the guests with the hands popping in and out. Basically, the El Cucuy hands pop out from under the bed. You hold onto a cart and push and pull to make the hands go out and in. I couldn't help it. It was loads of fun! You will enjoy it if you don't mind not showing yourself. You are pretty much in the background. Behind the door.

I felt the same way! I was randomly place the first night in pool to be a survivor for the cages for TT and I was clueless on what to do. The dust didn't help and I wanted out. I sucked it up and tried my hardest. The second time I was placed as a surivor I kicked it up a notch and did the best performance ever, but it's hard when the dust gets into your eyes. I did slip as well a few times and sadly, my chucks did tear underneath which sucked. Gotta buy a new pair if I am place in pool again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...