The 2014 HHNH Event Creation Competition: Round 1

Hello and welcome to 2014's Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood Creation Competition!

The rules for this years competition will generally be the same as 2012's (we may have skipped 2013, unfortunately) but if you need a reminder here are some of the rules/guidelines, courtesy of DTH316.

1. How the Game will be Played.

All players submit their event based on the guidelines. The judges will then grade each event. The top winners then be placed into the next round.

2. Entry

- All entries must cover the entire event - from the mazes to the shows. Each must be listed clearly and have a location.

- One-shot ideas (JUST a single maze, JUST a single scarezone) will not be able for competition. If your event is in anyway not up to par with the guidelines, you will be notified of what changes need to be made by the deadline date. If the guidelines aren't met, the event will be disqualified.

- You can enter into a game with only ONE event.

- Your event can be something you've already created or something new or mish mashed ideas as long as they're your own. NO PLAIGARISM!

3. Guidelines for Entries

- There must be at least 5 mazes.

- All the mazes must have a paragraph (5-10 sentences) description.

- There must be at least 1 show with a paragraph long description.

- There must be at least 5 scarezones, each with a paragraph long description.

- There must be a Terror Tram with a paragraph long description.

- Include all the rides that will be operating in your event, regardless of whether they're related to your event or not.

- All events must have an Icon (original or movie-based) with a detailed backstory that will tie into your event.

- Feel free add any extras to the event not listed. But pictures, maps, and drawings WILL NOT earn you extra credit in order to be fair. Feel free to use them to help illustrate your point.

4. Judging

All the events will be judged on a scale of 100.

1. Creativity - 20 points.

2. Originality - 10 points.

3. Theme - 10 points.

4. Mazes - 20 points.

5. Shows - 10 points.

6. Scarezones - 15 points.

7. Terror Tram - 15 points.

5. Off Limit Areas

As is the rules of the par, there are some areas off limits that you can't create in or on.

- The Lost World set.

- The Simpsons on-ride video (feel free to mess with the queue though)

- Any stages that would prohibit them from being used during the day (so try to stick with shows the stages instead)

- Harry Potter World doesn't exist yet and wouldn't until 2016, so obviously, do not put it in your event and whatever it bulldozes over to make room for won't affected yet either.

Participants

Minimum: 5. Maximum: 10.

If you wish to participate, go ahead and sign up! I you wish to sit this one out, feel free to just be a spectator.

1. Ridesandstuff

2. Mr. HNN

3. StraightEdge

4. Zero56

5. behemothman08

6. ferox

7. AgentOfChaos93

8. Psycho_Bates

9. Keosilver

10. NotThomasWatts

Judges

There must be 3 Judges for this event.

1. iLuvStabWounds (me)

2. UniversalStudiosGeek

3. AsylumSB

Please feel free to sign up. For the role of either Judge or Participant, but must of all HAVE FUN!!! :)

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

Just a little note to the competitors:

- Make your maze properties REALISTIC. So no Jaws or any such nonsense. Creepypastas (Slenderman, Jeff the Killer, etc.) may or may not work, it depends on how creative you are.

- ANOES, TCM, and F13 have been done to death already, so if you're using any other movies please use something HHNH has never seen before. Halloween, Scream, and Chucky are a few notable exceptions because they deserved a second chance, given they only appeared once or had disappointing debuts.

- You must have at least 2 movie-based mazes.

If you wish to sign up to the event please post on this page. Tell me whether you want to be a competitor or judge, and I'll update the sign up sheet on the original post ASAP.

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

^In the guidelines, I stated that there must be a minimum of 5 mazes with at least 2 of them being IP based. You can have an event with all IP based mazes, but I personally like some original concepts. Unfortunately, there CANNOT be an event that's all original or else you might end up with something that's too much like HHNO or Knott's Scary Farm... Hollywood imho should have at least some sort of movie-based thing going on.

If you want a majority of your mazes to be original, the HoH overlay and the Terror Tram can be IP based while the rest of the mazes are Original, that can still count. You can have 2 IP based scarezones to make up for the requirements if you want all your mazes (including the Terror Tram) to be original but that might cost you a few points.

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

When is the due date for the events?

Well, the game begins as of tonight, you have until Sunday night or Monday morning to submit you're event. If that's too short of a time please let me know right now so I can extend the deadline.

Would you like to join the event, too AgentOfChaos93?

I need a time extension, I'm going to be at cadets all weekend, Tuesday night or Wednesday morning would be great!

That's totally okay, actually I'm not a big fan of deadlines so if everyone's okay with it I can extend the deadline as far as next Friday to give you guys a good long week to work on your events.

Of course if you guys are able to post your event before the deadline, feel free to do so.

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

What about video games like Silent Hill,Resident Evil,House of the Dead, and Devil May Cry?

Video games, music albums, TV shows, and movies all fall under the category of IP based mazes. So yes you can make video game based mazes.

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

Still room for 1 more?

Just added you to the list :)

Looks we have all 10 contestants! I just want to confirm if AgentOfChaos93 and Psycho_Bates want to join... They didn't explicitly sign up to be contestants, but I signed them in anyways.

Edited by iLuvStabWounds