HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

I don't think people are assuming Empire is Dracula totally because of Orlando. It could also have something to do with the fact that the clues match and it is a 100 million dollar Universal movie that is being released while HHN will be running.

Again the clues Murdy gives out are so vague anything can fit with Empire if you really tried to connect them. They don't even need to have it in Hollywood if it's in their Flagship park with the HHN that has a budget four times bigger than ours.

The clues are vague, but not as vague as some of the others. You have a well known location familiar to horror fans, yet whatever this property is, it has never been used before. Those clues alone narrow the possibilities down significantly.

^^^the trailer, the movie description, the marketing... yet Orlando is pretty certain to get it?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

The clues are vague, but not as vague as some of the others. You have a well known location familiar to horror fans, yet whatever this property is, it has never been used before. Those clues alone narrow the possibilities down significantly.

Yes! It's obvious... It's Star Wars!!

How could you know for certain that it doesn't fit without it even being released yet?

I don't know, I'm just guessing... but usually you can at least tell from a trailer, and the trailer doesn't look like Hollywood maze fodder.

Orlando has history with highlighting properties that aren't horror-horror. Cirque de Freak, Jurassic Park, Doomsday, The Mummy & Mummy Returns (Hollywood had a maze for DAYTIME operations years ago).

• Like 3

Orlando has history with highlighting properties that aren't horror-horror. Cirque de Freak, Jurassic Park, Doomsday, The Mummy & Mummy Returns (Hollywood had a maze for DAYTIME operations years ago).

That Mummy maze we had... That thing is the reason I stayed away from haunts until about six years ago. (I committed the ultimate sin; I got so scared, I punched a scareactor. :mmyers:)

I wouldn't mind seeing Halloween. The original is one of my favorite horror movies! It has been a while since it's been featured too, after all. Honestly though, I don't think we can be sharing that many IP's with Orlando... Curious though if we do.

• Like 1

Hopefully one year Halloween returns. It won't be this year though. I really wanted to see a mash up version with the best of the series instead of just part 1. I wonder how Orlando will approach it.

I wonder if one year, if a project backs out super last second, could they do Night of the Living Dead? I know the movie is public domain, so does anyone own the theatrical rights? And if they did, wouldn't they be beyond cheap? I think that'd be a fun maze, especially if in b&w.

So what do you guys think? Maze announcement this week?

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 1

You forgot 2010. Property doesn't have to include a remake.

For what it's worth guys, I was looking at the soundtrack for Rob Zombie's Halloween 2, and I noticed something interesting. MALCOM McDowell yelled, "MICHAEL MYERS IS F*&%^#@! DEAD!" I think that was in the hospital where Murdy had to get rid of it due to space limitations.

Which would place it perfectly in Persian.

Well right now for Empire we basically know that its a property with a movie coming out this year and its an appealing IP (for the GP most likely). Also its 72 pages of treatment. The Conjuring with Annabelle coming out definitely fits that. Hmm just a thought, but what about a Dracula Untold scarezone to promote the film similar to Curse of Chucky? Dracula and Vamps seem pretty traditional.

• Like 1

You guys can't possibly be serious with Dracula being a maze! :o Judging the movie by the trailor it seems like more of a drama/action flick. Horror is the last thing that comes to mind from "Dracula Untold". I'm shocked that Orlando is actually speculated to have that as a maze. Seeing how Murdy has kept away from his beloved classic monsters because they aren't scary enough, I can't see this version of Dracula being at HHN anymore than the original.

• Like 1

Didn't Murdy say all the scare zones are MYTHS & TRADITIONS THIS YEAR? TWD ain't either of those right? So I can see a Dracula Untold and Purge scare zone along with like 2 other scare zones we don't know about and Mask A Raid.

I can totally see us getting 6 scare zones this year ;)

Idk man, all the shared IP's with Orlando got me thinkin about a AvP maze. They can only share so many IPS. I want to see my beloved Predator so bad. I'd be excited for just a Alien maze but idk. Remember all the Ghostbusters talk we had earlier in the year and you guys swore it was coming. What if that's in the soundstage? I mean the Marshmallow giant can be the giant props/puppets Murdy mentioned.

• Like 1

Idk man, all the shared IP's with Orlando got me thinkin about a AvP maze. They can only share so many IPS. I want to see my beloved Predator so bad. I'd be excited for just a Alien maze but idk. Remember all the Ghostbusters talk we had earlier in the year and you guys swore it was coming. What if that's in the soundstage? I mean the Marshmallow giant can be the giant props/puppets Murdy mentioned.

4.gif

• Like 3

Absolutely nobody swore Ghostbusters was coming lmao that was wishful thinking being forced into our throats in hopes it would become a rumor.

And I don't think it was ever specified if Empire was the maze with a movie coming out this year. Beauty is Skin Deep could also be the movie, if its not AVP.

• Like 1

Whoever thought Ghostbusters was actually coming are on something..... It was a ridiculous suggestion, we'll never be seeing it at HHN as a maze.

• Like 5