HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

That's where the tram got off last year, so unless they found a new point I doubt it.

Uh yea... that's exactly what I said. They can literally just move the drop off point where NY Street and London Street intersect. The only other location that would work is SS 28 but Parenthood is filming in there and who knows what else is booked for that location.

Edited by Zero56

Uh yea... that's exactly what I said. They can literally just move the drop off point where NY Street and London Street intersect. The only other location that would work is SS 28 but Parenthood is filming in there and who knows what else is booked for that location.

Sorry, I misread your post.

Yeah they can even drop us off behind where we were dropped off last year. PARK AVE looks like a good drop off. It would be nice to actually get off and walk through a street with fog and lighting effects.

• Like 1

Yeah they can even drop us off behind where we were dropped off last year. PARK AVE looks like a good drop off. It would be nice to actually get off and walk through a street with fog and lighting effects.

I just hope they iron out the insane amount of crowding issues they had last year and hopefully more security since some guests were wondering off into the Backlot.

Edited by Zero56

Dracula is going in the HOH, I don't care about the budget. And the movie being moved around has nothing to do with HHN.

You got AWIL taking up maze space, which is a Universal property already. Along with an original maze (which is NOT being thrown in the HOH). Imagine if Dracula got its own spot, then the HOH had something else shoehorned in there (which has to be a Uni property or semi original idea). That's FOUR mazes dedicated to Uni, more than HALF.

Which then means TWD, Parisian square and SS 747 are the only outside property mazes.

Either its in the HOH or its not happening at all.

Edited by DTH316

You know better. HHN doesn't work like that. Murdy wouldn't take a dozen meetings just to mostly do their own dang mazes. He wouldn't care about fan input or what's hot right now just to go back into their own library.

Granted, things can change, I'll give you guys that. But think about it... would you be willing to bet against history?

And furthermore, would you be willing to bet some OTHER property is being put into the HOH? Remember, only ONE maze is original this year. Would we go from 2 original, full fleshed mazes for the last 3 years to just 1/4 of one for the sake of using... more of our own properties?

Edited by DTH316

Murdy never specified what UMR was. I think he kinda just went with the "some people will call it original, others won't" route with that one.

Honestly, its just the HOH with dubstep. So I guess that depends if you think the HOH itself is original or not. It is and it isn't. Mostly isn't. To the point where i'd say it just straight up isn't. Recreation of scenes, themes, or scenarios from classic horror films.. WITH DUBSTEP. Nah, not original.

If you did Friday the 13th and added dubstep, I would still say its an IP.

Edited by DTH316

And furthermore, would you be willing to bet some OTHER property is being put into the HOH? Remember, only ONE maze is original this year. Would we go from 2 original, full fleshed mazes for the last 3 years to just 1/4 of one for the sake of using... more of our own properties?

I was referring to this, I know you are not.

This is true. The original maze and the "super secret project" (which is practically a codename in of itself) are without codenames. HOH is codenamed - unless the HOH being remodeled is a secret project (possible).

Therefore, a property IS going into the HOH. What other property would go in there, y'all?

Smells Like Teen Spirit is HOH, I am pretty sure. It won't be a property other than the properties already in there, but something along the lines of UMR.

1. There's so much emphasis is put on the title of the maze. Not property or theme, but title.

2. "Working on maze #2. Took longer than I thought to put the concept together. Have to pitch it on Friday! Haven't written a word yet! Yikes!"

IP mazes are very simple in concept. Recreate iconic scenes. Of course that is easier said than done, but the concept is simple.

3. Last time they tried to make a property fit in there it was embarrassing, and Murdy admits it. Last time they just updated the concept it was the greatest success the venue has ever had.