HHN Hollywood 2014 Speculation

Alright so far we have...

Empire=Dracula Untold
Soap Commercial=AWIL
Beauty is only Skin Deep=AVP
Waka Dead (is it too early to call this for a codeword?)

So either there is no HOH codename or Teen Spirit is the HOH.

Empire=Dracula Untold

Soap Commercial=AWIL

Instead of Atari 2600, Walking Dead should be codenamed "Fozzie Bear".

Considering that Murdy regrets putting Wolfman in there, I doubt he would try to put a huge Uni release in there again.

It makes sense for the first two scenes, but after that it would be pretty embarrassingly unfit. Dracula Untold was the first deal Murdy made and Dr Jimmy knew about it way back in May, during a year where information was harder to get than normal. It seems like a big deal for Universal.

Considering that Murdy regrets putting Wolfman in there, I doubt he would try to put a huge Uni release in there again.

It makes sense for the first two scenes, but after that it would be pretty embarrassingly unfit. Dracula Untold was the first deal Murdy made and Dr Jimmy knew about it way back in May, during a year where information was harder to get than normal. It seems like a big deal for Universal.

Where else would it go

Empire=Dracula Untold

Soap Commercial=AWIL

Murdy confirmed one of the Codenames was for House of Horrors.

I think Dracula Untold will be going in HoH if it does come. I mean it very well could be Marketing shoving it into the Events which is why it was one of the first deals made and Murdy is playing it safe after what happened with The Thing back in 2011.

Edited by Zero56

Where else would it go

The Mummy or the 7th venue.

In that case, I'm running with the theory that Teen Spirit is HOH.

Orlando is doing it, so I still have a fairly certain doubt in it being HOH shoehorned and getting Vlad Tepes hanging out with Chucky dolls.

The Mummy or the 7th venue.

Orlando is doing it, so I still have a fairly certain doubt in it being HOH shoehorned and getting Vlad Tepes hanging out with Chucky dolls.

Eh idk if Orlando doing it is any confirmation the film is a big deal. I mean the Doomsday house in 2008 was god awful, I really think it's just Marking shoving the film in both coasts. Not to mention Aiello, Tj and the rest of A&D have immensely better venues to play with where as here in Hollywood we have a mixed bag. Would Murdy really sacrifice a decent venue for a film that might not even do well. What better to have HoH seem more appealing than to have Dracula in there.

Edited by Zero56

It certainly didn't work that well for the Wolfman. However, keeping the theme but changing the execution (UMR, twice) was a huge success. Of course HOH isn't going to get remixed again, but would Chris and Murdy go back to something they now recognize as a bad idea when overlaying it without shoving Vlad Tepes into Frankenstein's Lab works much better?

It certainly didn't work that well for the Wolfman. However, keeping the theme but changing the execution (UMR, twice) was a huge success. Of course HOH isn't going to get remixed again, but would Chris and Murdy go back to something they now recognize as a bad idea when overlaying it without shoving Vlad Tepes into Frankenstein's Lab works much better?

It really depends if they wanted to do it or Marketing made them do it. (of course that's something none of us will ever truly know) If Marketing forced me to use a film that probably wont do well with the masses, I would shove it in House of Horrors since there is not much you can do in there anyway. Leave the other 6 venues for more appealing I.Ps.

I think you are downplaying how big of a deal they want Dracula Untold to be. Like I said, they spent $100,000,000 on it. We also won't know how bad the movie is until after a good portion of HHN is over too.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

I think you are downplaying how big of a deal they want Dracula Untold to be. Like I said, they spent $100,000,000 on it. We also won't know how bad the movie is until after a good portion of HHN is over too.

How exactly am I downplaying it again? I just said I'm not sure Murdy would risk his small number of actual venues for a Movie that might not be appealing to the general public. Even if it did have a decent house it won't increase how well the film does in the Box Office. The Wolfman in 2008 was amazing in Orlando and look how great that did in the Box office, I'm sure Universal wanted that film to be a great deal with its 150 million dollar Budget. The Thing was a pretty great house in Hollywood in 2011 and again let's see how amazing that did in the Box Office. Clearly Venue doesn't matter, House of Horrors or SS, all it really needs to be is at the event in some shape or form to get Advertised.

Edited by Zero56

He also gambled on Insidious 2, Black Sabbath, and Evil Dead. That worked out for him.

On that note, I predict that AWIL will have low ratings due to awareness, even if it's great. Which will be funny since last year Insidious was the highest rated maze of all time.

He also gambled on Insidious 2, Black Sabbath, and Evil Dead. That worked out for him.

On that note, I predict that AWIL will have low ratings due to awareness, even if it's great. Which will be funny since last year Insidious was the highest rated maze of all time.

Eh Into the Further was mostly the First film and the Evil Dead deal was made in April when they invited him and Aiello to an early screening so he know both were going to be popular with guests.

I sound like a broken record by now but I really wished AWiL would go in 747. :/

Edited by Zero56

And they had an early screening of Untold. Fair point about Insidious though.

I can certainly see the logic of Untold of going into the HOH, but I think there's more reason to believe it would go to another venue. Hell, we know that The Mummy has a history of woody facades. Put some trees in front of that castle.

• Like 1

And they had an early screening of Untold. Fair point about Insidious though.

I can certainly see the logic of Untold of going into the HOH, but I think there's more reason to believe it would go to another venue. Hell, we know that The Mummy has a history of woody facades. Put some trees in front of that castle.

Better yet, how about we put some woods in front of that cabin? :)

Well, if the AVP rumors are true, I think it's best suited for that venue. Besides, Orlando has all of the space in the world. Over here, we're very limited on space. We only have three large venues, three small ones, and one throwaway. I think AWiL will do just fine in JP.

At this point it's hard to say since we don't really have a solid connection for "Teen Spirit". I know someone has picked Trick r Treat for that so as an example would you rather have TrT have its own maze and DU in HoH, or TrT in HoH and DU having it's own maze? There's another one CITW in HoH or Dracula.

Edited by HigbeeHaunt

Well, if the AVP rumors are true, I think it's best suited for that venue. Besides, Orlando has all of the space in the world. Over here, we're very limited on space. We only have three large venues, three small ones, and one throwaway. I think AWiL will do just fine in JP.

Damn the Studio for renting out SS 28 in 2012... but I guess it will be alright.

And some Static Bukner Clan zombies in the front? :P I kid.

Line up update:

Mazes:

Dracula Untold (HoH/Backlot 2)

Alien vs Predator (SS 747)

The Walking Dead (Backlot 1)

American Werewolf in London (JP Que)

UMR 3/Original (HoH)

Cabin in the Woods (Mummy)

The Conjuring/Original (Parisian Square)

Walking Dead (TT)

Scarezones:

The Purge (NY)

Mask-a-Raid (French St)

? (Baker St)

Walking Dead (Backlot)

? (Lower Lot)

I think the 7th maze will be in the backlot. Where else could it go?

• Like 2