Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

My thoughts on this, Hollywood does announce AWIL either Thursday or Friday on their coast & our next announcement is the return of Jack The Clown being involved with the Steampunk Clown Factory we've been speculating about. Sure its an original but Jack is a fan favorite of a lot of people who year after year would like to see him brought back & some of us have seen the on set pics already posted of a new Jack video that was filmed for an announcement supposedly for the maze in question or just to promote the event in general. Then again if they do any marketing with Jack, I do see him physically being in the park not just a static figure above our heads. Sure its a gamble but it would "make it up to the diehards" about TWD returning. You can have some aces left up your sleeve(AvP & Halloween) & still make The Purge scarezone announcement next Thursday or Friday on this coast to coincide with the release of Anarchy. Of course if it's a share we're getting, signs point to the announcement being Dracula Untold to co-promote the maze since other than a slight teaser trailer & a lot of speculation, not very much is known about it at all.

Just an idea though.

• Like 2

Interesting... After seeing the picture of the facade at the sprung tent it definitely seems like Halloween is a go. I wonder if they are going to announce that ip this week with Hollywood's An American Werewolf in London?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

BsCFm7ZIYAAF7Qd.jpg

Welcome home, Michael.

via @InsideTheMagic

An LED sign for a facade? Man, HHN is really lacking in creativity every year. It just gets worse and worse.

*Sarcasm* because I know someone will take what I said seriously.

• Like 7

An LED sign for a facade? Man, HHN is really lacking in creativity every year. It just gets worse and worse.

*Sarcasm* because I know someone will take what I said seriously.

I thought the LED screen was pretty funny actually. It seems like an awfully feeble attempt to block the construction going on in the back.

• Like 4

Think of what the code name is. Ritual. What kind of beasties are usually involved in rituals?

Sorry I'm late on this...ok so Ritual. I know we were originally debating the whole Boogeyman idea. That got me thinking about Rituals in the American tradition, specifically when dealing with kids. Anyone seen Escape From Tommorow? It's an indie horror flick about a Disney trip gone way, way wrong. Worth a rental if you're bored and in the B-movie horror mood. Obviously I don't think anything dealing with Disney would be an option when it comes to an HHN house (2008's ScaryTales aside), but the idea of the indoctrination of children into American pop culture in different ways, like going to Disney for the first time or being plagued by the "Boogeyman", is intriguing. I'm not even sure where I'm going with this spec...

Also, sacrifices usually play pivotal roles in Rituals...sometimes lives of babies or children, or just "blood of the innocent" in general is required. This "Boogeyman" collects children for a sacrifice to be used in a Ritual....

Ok that's as far as I've gotten :D

EDIT: Fun Fact: There was a film released in 1977 named "The Creepers" whose original working title was "Rituals". IMDB Synopsis: "Five doctors on a wilderness outing are stalked by disfigured, crazed killers."

Edited by justchristy

To paraphrase Dr. Peter Venkman:

To change the subject from "who's a fanboy and who's not", I did the calculations on the line queues after I removed the mysterious 5th line. Most are reasonable but it looks like TWD (if started over by Dispicable ME) will be 11200+- feet which is roughly .2 miles just to get to the house. That's a hike.

Good! Then I can have an extra beer that I'll walk off during the night :-)

• Like 2

To paraphrase Dr. Peter Venkman:

To change the subject from "who's a fanboy and who's not", I did the calculations on the line queues after I removed the mysterious 5th line. Most are reasonable but it looks like TWD (if started over by Dispicable ME) will be 11200+- feet which is roughly .2 miles just to get to the house. That's a hike.

I'd imagine they'd have to make The Walking Dead line queue extra long since it will probably have the most people, most of which are the same ones who complained up and down about the return of The Walking Dead.

• Like 1

If it is Halloween, do you think Aiello is going with the original or the Rob Zombie remake?

I0M3HLO.gif

I have a strong feeling that this is going to be based off of the original film. The "Captain" codename can really only refer to the John Carpenter's version because the mask for that film was a face model of William Shatner. The Rob Zombie remake was a completely new mask.

Also, I'm just gonna say: In my opinion, the original would be the best choice for them. Half of Rob Zombie's version was pretty much an "origin story" of Michael Myers. And the final half of the movie, when he FINALLY looked like Michael Myers...(well sorta.), it ended how any other Halloween movie would end. So basically, they can't do much for a Rob Zombie version based house. The original had many more iconic scenes.

Since it will be a sprung tent, the facade is probably going to be in the outside. So while you are entering the maze, you are entering the infamous Myers House. I'm sure that the original "Halloween Theme Song" will be playing as you enter. A tent means a claustrophobic maze. Hallways, where Michael will jump out and be in your face. (This is all coming from my head, but it could work!)

Edited by JackTheREAPER
  • Like 3

But why would put that line completely at the other end of the SSs of the house? Why wouldn't they start it at the end of the street to make a more feasible walk?

And I thought spec was saying Halloween was in Sprung 1? I guess the doll house is there then.

If memory serves me correctly, in the Friday the 13th house we got a number of different costume versions of Jason. It's feasible we could see both the original Mike Myers and Rob Zombie's version in the same house.

It's possible but Idk.

You see, the thing is that Rob Zombie's version is mostly aimed at how Michael Myers became.

I am not sure if both of the films could work together in one house, due to the fact that they both tell completely different tales of Michael Myers' story.

I0M3HLO.gif

I have a strong feeling that this is going to be based off of the original film. The "Captain" codename can really only refer to the John Carpenter's version because the mask for that film was a face model of William Shatner. The Rob Zombie remake was a completely new mask.

Also, I'm just gonna say: In my opinion, the original would be the best choice for them. Half of Rob Zombie's version was pretty much an "origin story" if Michael Myers. And the final half of the movie, when he FINALLY looked like Michael Myers...(well sorta.), it ended how any other Halloween movie would end. So basically, they can't do much for a Rob Zombie version based house. The original had many more iconic scenes.

Since it will be a sprung tent, the facade is probably going to be in the outside. So while you are entering the maze, you are entering the infamous Myers House. I'm sure that the original "Halloween Theme Song" will be playing as you enter. A tent means a claustrophobic maze. Hallways, where Michael will jump out and be in your face. (This is all coming from my head, but it could work!)

Very good points on how it could be the original. At first I didn't think it was the original, because I thought Mr. Aiello would make this the passion project and put it in a soundstage. Since you made the point about it being claustrophobic since it's in a tent, I can see why he chose the location for this house.

Edited by AdmiralTyler