Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

What do you think the next house announcement will be, Dracula, AVP, or something else altogether? Should be only a week or 2 away.

I still hope they throw in a Purge scare zone shout out. Unless the movie coming out turns out to be rubbish, you'd think they'd want any pretty much free publicity they can get.

I think they'll pull out the one that they want to promote the most next, which is Dracula. Plus, both Murdy and Aiello commented on twitter about seeing the final product of the next house/maze announcement, which hints that it's a shared IP (though not definitely), and it looks like the only one left we're sharing is Dracula, though there is some spec on AVP happening over there. If I were to make a completely uninformed guess, I'd guess they'll announce Dracula, then AVP, then Halloween as it's the biggest IP (besides TWD), then the originals either Monday-Thursday with a site update Friday, or just with the final site update in August.

Edited by foREVer56

I have a strong feeling (may be entirely wishful thinking of "Yes! I cracked a Murdy code!") that AvP is shared.

First there is the fact that Mike and John both tweeted about landing an OMG/FREAK OUT property within 45 minutes from each other. Add in the fact that a huge property such as AvP (not necessarily the movies but the creatures are huge classic icons) would be silly for either coast to pass up on when rights are granted. Plus Drac Untold wouldn't be an OMG/FREAK OUT property. Then follow Mysti's bouncing spec and AvP will be a shared property.

Updated spec regarding HHNH's Maze #3, Beauty is only Skin Deep:

The non-red herring hint: Hint #2: the code name "Beauty is only skin deep" refers to the BUSINESS of Beauty products...

The business is Avon.

Avon plays a very important part of the movie Edward Scissorhands. (Diane Wiest's character is making her rounds as an Avon lady when she discovers Edward)

Winona Ryder is in Edward Scissorhands. She is also in Alien: Resurrection.

Winona Ryder's character in Alien: Resurrection is an android that is helpful and friendly with Ripley like Bishop from Aliens.

Bishop is played by Lance Henriksen who also plays Charles Bishop Weyland in AvP.

I really do love finding six degrees of separation style connection!! I hope this is correct!

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 2

It looks like it might've been 5-3, but was locked in at 4-4, but then rumors came up that it changed back to 5-3, but is now definitely 4-4. I think. That was so confusing xD

Going by Doc and Cassilda's clues, some of Doc's comments, and Mike's last minute tweet about Altar, I would say it was:

4/4 changed to 5/3 back to 4/4 back to 5/3 back to 4/4.

Confusing at it?

EDIT: There is a small itty bitty tiny piece of me that still hopes all the confusion means 9 houses. It lives eternally in a state of denial and can't be killed.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 3

Quick thought on the clown factory house/Jack.

This seems to be the perfect way to explain what happened to Jack after the lantern. With the clown factory, it seems like the perfect plot device to bring him back as a copy of the Jack we knew (as the Jack we knew is still imprisoned in the lantern). He could either be the clown that starts an uprising at the factory, a cameo clown within the factory itself, or the final product of the mechanisms we see operating within the factory. All would work and still keep continuity.

Haha that would be awesome, but I would assume since the GP probably doesn't even realize that Jack is trapped in The Lantern that he will probably just reappear with no real explanation as to why or how he got out. I would bet that he will probably just be there because clowns.

It looks like it might've been 5-3, but was locked in at 4-4, but then rumors came up that it changed back to 5-3, but is now definitely 4-4. I think. That was so confusing xD

*nods*

nope sounds about right :)

Haha that would be awesome, but I would assume since the GP probably doesn't even realize that Jack is trapped in The Lantern that he will probably just reappear with no real explanation as to why or how he got out. I would bet that he will probably just be there because clowns.

Well, if he appears in the factory at all, we have our explanation since it means he was rebuilt. The only thing needed beyond that is the rest of the icons which could be easily taken care of if Jack 2.0 were to be the one to have them all rebuilt. This would actually satisfy both the long time fans ("Hooray continuity!") and the GP ("Oh look! There are all those characters we loved that disappeared for a few years without any explanation!") so I like it as an easy and accessible way to reboot the convoluted mythology started by HHN20.

The story was never for the general public... They don't care. So they are moot. The real question is do they still care enough to create story for the fans?

I would say yes. Even though it was odd and convoluted last year, there was some mish mash story (thanks again marketing). I'm thinking they had far more planned for the PS character but that was run by marketing... and well you know how that goes.

So a 3D factory with killing torture devices, that rip off people body parts so they can be used to make franken-clowns, crazed steampunk clown minions that are mechanically enhanced, and Jack 2.0, who seeks revenge with his gangs of killing psycho clowns! (Maybe an appearance by Chance even?) Sounds like a blast :P

• Like 1

So a 3D factory

Really doubt they'd put a 3D house in a mostly open location. It doesn't look like there's a 3D house this year. And that makes me really happy. We've had one 3 years in a row and I think it's time to give the gimmick another 4+ year break.

• Like 2

Really doubt they'd put a 3D house in a mostly open location. It doesn't look like there's a 3D house this year. And that makes me really happy. We've had one 3 years in a row and I think it's time to give the gimmick another 4+ year break.

well... TBD. There is a possibility Ritual is. I heard that months ago though and no update since then.

From the construction photos I've seen, it appears like its going to be 3D. In fact, lots of speculation say that this clown maze will be 3D. So don't speak too soon. I, in fact, enjoy the 3D mazes. They may not be very scenic, but they sure are cool.

well... TBD. There is a possibility Ritual is. I heard that months ago though and no update since then.

That really doesn't seem to be the 3D type from the description honestly, though what do I know lol. If it is, it'll at least be nice to have 3D in a SS for a change, instead of a tent, which has had the last 4 3D houses.