Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Does anyone remember when HTF mentioned something about a "Prop Master" character for this year? Is that still happening??

The prop master is an old idea from pre 2005. Whether or not it was tossed around I don't know But ideas always get recycled. Having said that... no not happening. Also KKFOS is not happening either.

I expect the Dracula Untold announcement coupled with the trailer unviel next. They need to start marketing the crud out of it for it to be a draw.

Altar/Crows... last I heard it was Altar. But I haven't been plugged in for over a week.

Spec is pretty much dead at this point anyway. You have the answers more or less.

Oh yeah still away but found a decent signal to chime in.

• Like 1

Doomsday in 2008. Again the movie flopped but they promoted it. (Apparently something the fans didn't want and I'm in the small minority who enjoyed the house. I suppose fancy peacock helped.)

I too am in the small minority who enjoyed the house and the movie but I was unaware of the "fancy peacock" thing. Care to elaborate?

If you want to know how From Dusk Till Dawn maze would work out, just revisit Demon Cantina.

Exactly, wasn't that house based off of that? why would we need the real thing when we already have an "inspired by"?

2 other points, TWD has always been more Drama with Horror infused to keep the drama moving/interesting, the zombies will never be a bigger threat than the other humans that survive them... 2009 was my first year I attended so I missed Doomsday but I love that movie, although I would also consider it more Action/Adventure then horror, it appeared to me watching the movie that it had plenty of scenery that would lend itself greatly to a haunted maze... but I didnt get to see it...

Edited by MMMU

I too am in the small minority who enjoyed the house and the movie but I was unaware of the "fancy peacock" thing. Care to elaborate?

Gimp scene. If you said fancy peacock, the gimp would do a little dance. I can't remember which cast it was.

It's always more fun when scareactors interact.

EDIT: 08 also had a certain mullet wearing bar patron that was awesome!

And since he's auditioning this year, I can't wait to see what role he'll get!!!

Edited by mystiquephreeq
  • Like 1

so far we don't know anything about the dracula movie do we? are there a lot of vampires? is Dracula the only one? is he even a vampire in the movie?

I see some people talk about other monsters that might be used for the house, so the movie will have other creatures? For all we know this house might end up having all kinds of crazy creatures in it

I don't know how much vampires will be involved. It seems to be a mix of fantasy/horror and the true Vlad story

Baba Yaga is a part of the movie. She is a witch from folklore, so that would relate to a few of the clues we have been getting

I've heard a few times that Baba Yaga is in the movie, but there is no one with that name in the cast list. If it is Baba Yaga, she is going under a different name, is Samantha Barks since she has no label next to her name, or she doesn't speak in the movie. I see a bunch of vampires, military people and townsfolk. No titles that catch my eye initially.

See here...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0829150/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Thanks ^

And there we go... Samantha Barks is the correct answer.

Assuming the spec is correct, anyone know why Halloween is being put into a sprung tent?

Oh... and on a side note, for those interested (not sure if it has been posted here yet) Diagon Alley will have it's grand opening July 8th.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Thanks ^

And there we go... Samantha Barks is the correct answer.

Assuming the spec is correct, anyone know why Halloween is being put into a sprung tent?

I think a tent would suit it better given that the majority of the movie is cramped spaces (psych ward and house interiors). With Dracula you are going to have to have a massive castle, not so much with Halloween.

Edit: To take it a step further, Dracula as a character has always been larger than life and showy, while Michael is much more introverted and personal. The, big and over the top atmospheres that they can present in a SS work perfectly for Dracula as that is his personality while the small and intimate corners would work better for Michael to maximize his terror.

Edited by Cooger and Dark
  • Like 1

Yeah, Halloween doesn't have any massive locations/set pieces that would need a soundstage to pull off. An' for reference, the awesome Halloween maze that Hollywood did years ago was in a tent structure that was smaller then Orlando's Sprung tents.

As for Ghostdude's comment, ummm...absolutely nothing? While Voodoo is hitting the streets...Native Americans are probably getting kicked out of their land by Mexicans.

Edited by Tobias

A Revised version of my guesses...

There are 14 Dr. Jimmy performances and cats, there are apparently 15 Cassi clues (but #4 doesn't count for some reason). They all should tie...

Dr. Jimmy #1 Masquerade (Phantom of the Opera) could have ties to Cassi clue #11 (Skeletons Dancing - Danse Macabre) - Dr. Jimmy's cats (Cat with face mask) = possibly something similiar to the Mask-A-Raid scarezone from Hollywood

Dr. Jimmy #2 You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile (Annie) could have ties to Cassi clues #5 (To Market, To Market) - Dr. Jimmy's cats (Cats taking back the street) = Purge Scare Zone

Dr. Jimmy #3 New Orleans (Simpsons) could have ties to Cassi clue #9 (How Terrible is Wisdom - Pentagram) - Dr. Jimmy's cats (Voo Doo cat) = Voodoo/Gypsy Caravan in Central Park

Dr. Jimmy #4 Three Little Maids from School (Mikado) could have ties to Cassi clue #8 (Some Are So Blind - Go! Board game) - Dr. Jimmy's cats (Anime Cat) = Vampire/Demon/Geishas in Sting Alley

Dr. Jimmy #5 I want to be Rainbow High (Evita) could have ties to Cassi clue #6 (Two Brothers - which I thought fit AVP better) - Dr. Jimmy's cats (contestant Cat from Face Off) = Face Off character scare zone

*Codename Evac - Dr. Jimmy #6 Stars (Les Miserables) could have ties to Cassi clue #2 (Luck favors the bold) - Dr. Jimmy's cats (Cat ready to fight xenomorph) = Alien (AVP)

*Codename Home/Captain/Halloween- Dr. Jimmy #7 Home (The Wiz) could have ties to Cassi clues #1 - Dr. Jimmy's cats (Cat holding knife) = Halloween

*Codename?TWD - Dr. Jimmy #8 Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (Monty Python Life of Brian) could have ties to Cassi clue #3 (Tool - Decomposition) - Dr. Jimmy's cats (Hands looking at cat picture) = The Walking Dead

*Codename Ritual - Dr. Jimmy #9 Kiddy Widdy Winkies (Chiddy Chiddy Bang Bang) could have ties to Cassi Clue #7 Two Little Foxes - Dr. Jimmy's cats (Cat with glowing eyes under the bed) = I really wanted Cassi clue #7 to be Sleepy Hollow, but looks to be some type of original Boogeyman house.

*Codename Synergy - Dr. Jimmy #10 I Get a Kick Out of You (Created by Cole Porter, originally sung by Ethel Merman in Anything Goes covered by Frank Sinatra) could possibly tie to Cassi Clue #12. (Inverted Fairy Star-What depth) - Dr. Jimmy cats (cat dressed as Dracula) = Dracula Untold

*Codename Smile - Dr. Jimmy #11. Pure Imagination (Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory sung by Gene Wilder) - personally I thought this clue was for Legendary Truth... but it could be Cassi clue #10 (Mad Max Clown Guy) (To Market, To Market Nursery Swine) Dr. Jimmy's cats (Cat dressed as a clown) = Clown House

Dr. Jimmy #12 Guys and Dolls most likely ties to Cassi clue #13 (Amanda & Annabelle ) - Dr. Jimmy's cats (Cat Doll w/bowtie) Doll scare zone or house?

Dr. Jimmy #13a. Food, Glorious Food Written by Lionel Bart and performed in Oliver!) - ties to Cassi clue #14 (MA Feast) - Dr. Jimmy's cats (Indian Gear Cat w/leaves) = Roanoke Lost Colony - Wendigo?

Dr. Jimmy #13b. Sunrise, Sunset (performed in Fidler on the Roof) ties to Cassi clue #14. (Mexico show), - Dr. Jimmy's cats (Mayan Bat Statue) = possibly would have been From Dusk Till Dawn

Codenames Charlie and Crows could go a couple different places, so I'm not going to commit yet.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

HHN Orlando posted a picture on Instagram that said "choose your scare zone" with the 3 scare zone choices for Hollywood in the background. does this imply something??

Someone put it on the thread, I cannot at the moment

Although that was what HHNO posted, the caption only asked for the year of a favorite scare zone (not a hint), so that's why I'm not sure about this

Edited by RockinSight

I thought so at first and I double checked. It's the real account. If you want to check it's called "horrornightsorlando." Plus they always try to connect with followers, asking for fan favorites and what not. I just thought it was one of those posts but once I looked at the background it showed the ghoulz, Mask-a-raid, and corp concept art from Hollywood, which made me wonder

RE ThNdIzNiR's guesses: Since Dr. Jimmy's 13a matches up with Croatoa/Wendigo, it would make sense that 13b would match up with From Dusk Till Dawn (Dusk/Dawn :: Sunrise/Sunset). In retrospect, it seems like Jimmy was trying to clue us in with a 2 part clue that the theme for that house hadn't been set in stone.

I think a better guess among Dr. Jimmy's clues for Dracula Untold would be I Get a Kick Out of You. Some people speculated originally that they thought it made sense as a vampire related hint (the lyrics are about being tired of everything else in life and the only being perked up by [the blood of] another person).