Halloween Horror Nights 24 Speculation

Eh things keep changing. I'm not ruling much of anything out. Info is so tight compared to last year, Most of the things I was certain of 2 weeks ago I'm not really that certain of anymore.

Which is partly why I'm intrigued to see how this clue thing plays out and if it is accurate. Wondering where they are getting thier info.

JDW if you go by the Johnny Depp sleepy hollow the sisters or sister controlled the horseman maybe that's what they mean by Master her being the master of the Horsemen. If you go by the show the sisters are fighting against the horsemen.

Im still sure WD isnt coming back as I said in my video and that AHS will be there

I'll actually be a bit surprised if AHS makes the line-up. From what I understand, when they tried to have it last year, FX were very hard folks to work with. I don't watch the show, but I heard that some of the scenes they demanded for the house were a bit to "extreme" for HHN's standards.

Regarding Sleepy Hollow-- in my original post, I was really only considering it a possibility as an IP based on the current Fox series. You could, of course, do a house based on the original story, but it's pretty well-tread ground. The show, on the other hand, takes the kernel of the story and expands it far beyond the scope of the legend, establishing its own mythology much like Buffy, Angel, Supernatural, etc. The look of the show and the creature designs are very impressive, and if they wanted to put that much money & effort into such a new, relatively unproven property, it could be a phenomenal house.

Also, I don't know how any of this works, but if AHS is coming, could that make Sleepy Hollow the IP more likely, since FOX and FX are sister companies? That was one of the factors that got me thinking about it as a contender.

• Like 1

I've been very busy today, so I've been unable to compose any speculation.

I'm leaning toward Celtic mythology with the most recent clue. The dullahan is the bases of the headless horseman. I'm going to try to research the Morrigan to see if any of these sisters birthed a master.

EDIT: No master birthed as of yet, but a tidbit I remembered.

The Morrigan takes the shape of a crow. Macha and Babd have the raven and crow associated with them, respectively. Macha is also associated with the horse.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

I feel like this person is trying to put things into the clues that they know we will queue on to lead down endless rabbit holes. I'm not good with the extrapolation and jumps in logic so I take things by the numbers.

So I finally got a moment to think about it and, taking it literally and objectively I went a different path. Keep in mind it may just be another rabbit hole. If anything maybe it will get you to see something you missed or something IDK.

I talked with mystique, Grimp0nd, Voorhees, and a few others today and yesterday while at work. Most of this is snippets of other's spec from here and from Mystique's FB page.

First picture

It's King George the III The first picture is a negative (grey color), kind of rippling or melting, and the word SHOT is clearly focused. The font is lead. The poem talks of the Shot hear around the war which was established as the Revolutionary War.

Second pictue:

The same pic of George only now it is slightly grainy, green, and has line burned into it.

The poem has a horse reference. (The Nelly bugs me but I was told by someone British that is how it would be spelled so I'll let it slide)

Pie Thrower (can mean revolutionary or, as we found out later, Is a term for a sloppy bowler in Cricket)

ahead=a head

Look back and go slower and go back and read it more carefully.

Someone posting spec on Mystique's page (IDK if they want their name used) stated there was a lead statue of King George III in Bowling Green park in NY that was chopped up, melted down into bullets, and the head was sent back to England.

This makes a great deal of sense to me:

lead shot = Lead Bullets

The head was removed.. a head

The statue was on a horse

Statue was lead=lead color of first pic

Even further Bowling Green = Bowling reference and Green picture.

OK so to me this is a clue to the statue and or Bowling Green NY.

Third picture

Black stony like texture. Swirly Celtic thingy.

The poem talks about a sister who gave birth to a master. I looked up the symbol and it's like a Celtic Ying and Yang which is a twins symbol. So I thought Twin sisters. I was speaking to Grimp0nd and he came up with the idea that maybe it could be less literal. Perhaps twin mountains, building, or cities. Grimp0nd thought it meant a master was born in one of these cities. That got me thinking about the cities and bowling Green being beaten into each poem (including the pins reference.. yuck yuck) So I thought maybe Bowling Green had a sister city. One problem Bowling Green is a park not a city >.< as I was told.

Mystique found three cities that were named Bowling Green. Bowling Green KY, Bowling Green FL, and Bowling Green Ohio.

I did some searching and found that Bowling Green KY was named after the NY one. (at least the city says it was apparently it is highly contested fact.)

OK fabulous! A city named after the park... But that was as far as I got. I can't find anyone interesting who was born there. I even looked on IMDB. I got nothing that really stood out. The other two Bowling Greens were not very interesting either.

I feel like this person is trying to put things into the clues that they know we will queue on to lead down endless rabbit holes. I'm not good with the extrapolation and jumps in logic so I take things by the numbers.

So I finally got a moment to think about it and, taking it literally and objectively I went a different path. Keep in mind it may just be another rabbit hole. If anything maybe it will get you to see something you missed or something IDK.

I talked with mystique, Grimp0nd, Voorhees, and a few others today and yesterday while at work. Most of this is snippets of other's spec from here and from Mystique's FB page.

First picture

It's King George the III The first picture is a negative (grey color), kind of rippling or melting, and the word SHOT is clearly focused. The font is lead. The poem talks of the Shot hear around the war which was established as the Revolutionary War.

Second pictue:

The same pic of George only now it is slightly grainy, green, and has line burned into it.

The poem has a horse reference. (The Nelly bugs me but I was told by someone British that is how it would be spelled so I'll let it slide)

Pie Thrower (can mean revolutionary or, as we found out later, Is a term for a sloppy bowler in Cricket)

ahead=a head

Look back and go slower and go back and read it more carefully.

Someone posting spec on Mystique's page (IDK if they want their name used) stated there was a lead statue of King George III in Bowling Green park in NY that was chopped up, melted down into bullets, and the head was sent back to England.

This makes a great deal of sense to me:

lead shot = Lead Bullets

The head was removed.. a head

The statue was on a horse

Statue was lead=lead color of first pic

Even further Bowling Green = Bowling reference and Green picture.

OK so to me this is a clue to the statue and or Bowling Green NY.

Third picture

Black stony like texture. Swirly Celtic thingy.

The poem talks about a sister who gave birth to a master. I looked up the symbol and it's like a Celtic Ying and Yang which is a twins symbol. So I thought Twin sisters. I was speaking to Grimp0nd and he came up with the idea that maybe it could be less literal. Perhaps twin mountains, building, or cities. Grimp0nd thought it meant a master was born in one of these cities. That got me thinking about the cities and bowling Green being beaten into each poem (including the pins reference.. yuck yuck) So I thought maybe Bowling Green had a sister city. One problem Bowling Green is a park not a city >.< as I was told.

Mystique found three cities that were named Bowling Green. Bowling Green KY, Bowling Green FL, and Bowling Green Ohio.

I did some searching and found that Bowling Green KY was named after the NY one. (at least the city says it was apparently it is highly contested fact.)

OK fabulous! A city named after the park... But that was as far as I got. I can't find anyone interesting who was born there. I even looked on IMDB. I got nothing that really stood out. The other two Bowling Greens were not very interesting either.

This path makes sense, but I don't know where it's suppose to lead!

Maybe will we got a new clue.

I slept very poorly last night, and my brain just keeps going in circles.

I'm sticking to my Celtic Mythology house for now. I can at least link that to last year's crows!

This does have me wondering:

Pointing to IP's is relatively easier than trying to point to an original idea, since we won't know what's in an original until we see it. The imagery and linking becomes harder.

I think she is just implying that the iconic imagery of a movie is easy to spot as opposed to a new idea.

For example: Emeric gave up the title in his clue and we had little idea what he was hinting at (clue: Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war).

But if someone gives you the clue of a hockey mask you will immediately think Friday the 13th.

Granted if I allude to a vampire or a werewolf you already have preconcieved ideas of what that is... but that is pre-established imagery

Noticed there wasn't another clue today. If that is the last one I give up. I have thought way too hard and long on this. It seems like the creator wants you to chase rabbits and never get to the answer. I'll wait and see, maybe it's their style, but it could just be a troll looking for attention.

I'm sticking to my Celtic Mythology house for now. I can at least link that to last year's crows!

I'd rather us have a Norse Mythology/Ragnarok house (which also links to crows)... it's definitely more accessible than Celtic mythology. Either way... Celtic mythology is far older than the time period the first two clues imply. It doesn't fit.

And until we get something else, I'm sticking with Sleepy Hollow (the show, specifically). I've seen too many clues over-thought to the point of incomprehension to make me want to look too far past what ties everything together. Even the Celtic symbolism is utilized throughout the show as seasoning to the Irish-founded northeast. Even the "twins" aspect of the symbol in the third clue could be interpreted as representing the show's "Two Witnesses."

EDIT -

Every clue we've seen can be tied to the show, and they gradually move from more vague to very specific to the plot and revelations in the series.

The first clue, period, is time period based. Every aspect of it is references a specific time period. The “shot” emphasizes it.

King George – British side of the Revolutionary War – Ichabod was a British Soldier

The first clue is the general theme. The Headless Horseman.

Whoa Nelly – Horseman

Pie Thrower – Again, the thrower emphasis is Horseman heavy.

Ahead – In poetry, the last word of a line is intentionally chosen for emphasize… so “A Head”

Look back and go slower – Likely a direct reference to Ichabod.

The third clue narrows everything down to represent to Fox’s show.

The first clue, period, is time period based. Every aspect of it is references a specific time period. The “shot” emphasizes it.

King George – British side of the Revolutionary War – Ichabod was a British Soldier

The first clue is the general theme. The Headless Horseman.

Whoa Nelly – Horseman

Pie Thrower – Again, the thrower emphasis is Horseman heavy.

Ahead – In poetry, the last word of a line is intentionally chosen for emphasize… so “A Head”

Look back and go slower – Likely a direct reference to Ichabod.

The third clue narrows everything down to represent to Fox’s show. Because I'm talking about show details, it's in spoiler tags.

“The Twins” Symbol – The Two Witnesses in the show are the two leads, Ichabod and LT Abbie Mills who are destined to stop the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Short a few pins – We didn’t have enough info. It could also be a voodoo reference to imply witchcraft

The sister – Female, within this context either a nun (unlikely) or the member of a coven (witch). In the show, Ichabod’s wife is a witch who is actually kicked out of her coven because… wait for it… she gave birth.

Gave birth – Obvious

A master – Not a specific master, so a member of a group. Also could be a general use of the term (someone who controls something/someone). Either way, Ichabod’s son (that a witch gave birth to), fits the role. In the episode “The Golem,” it is discovered that Ichabod’s son is controlling the titular golem

that was made from one of his childhood toys.

In the season finale, it is discovered that Ichabod’s son (filled with abandonment issues) sold his soul to the demonic villain Moloch and becomes one of the four Horsemen himself (specifically, War… making him the “Master of Wars”).

It's an engaging, somewhat popular show, that airs in the Fall, that could benefit from this sort of recognition. Also, the imagery is perfect for a house with a breadth of characters.

I mean, just look at the Sandman!

Safe_image.jpg

And the Golem!

Golem11.png

Edited by Legacy
  • Like 2

I'd rather us have a Norse Mythology/Ragnarok house (which also links to crows)... it's definitely more accessible than Celtic mythology.

I have to disagree with Norse Mythology being more accessible than Celtic/Gaelic Mythology.

Fairies, banshees, the dullahan (a headless horseman who carries his head under his arm), leprechauns, boggarts/boogeymen...

Many Celtic/Gaelic fairy folk are known in the US. They have just been relegated to fairy tale/folk tale status and in some instances their true natures were toned down.

Will o' the Wisps (swamp lights)

Cat sidhe (we saw one in Gothic. The winged cat.)

As for Sleepy Hollow, I don't watch the show. I tried to watch it but found myself unable to become engaged in it. I can see where it fits from your description, but wouldn't know for myself.

Yes, that's what I meant! It is harder to determine an answer when we don't have a preconceived idea or imagery. Our own notions and desires cloud our interpretations.

Look at the spec from clue to clue. We started at Nightingales (preconceived idea and imagery) and have moved on to the headless horseman. Our clue giver may be doing his/her best to push us toward imagery, we just don't see it yet.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

Don't Disney own the rights to sleepy hollow on theme parks every Halloween they have the headless horsemen as part of their parade and the sleepy hollow haunted carriage ride in one of their hotels.

That's only because of the film, but like legacy said the actual story is still public domain.

Augusta is the sister of King George III

Augusta hosts the masters golf tournament in Georgia.

Orchestral theme ... all the streets... shadows now (in the past)

and it was painful....

The Walking Dead

http://youtu.be/Eal4fep7pK4

• Like 1