Halloween Horror Nights 2014 Wishful Thinking & Pre Speculation

The silent hill franchise is not that great as far as video games go, dead space, resident evil, and bio shock surpass it in the amount of people that follow it. Predator is deffinetly more popular then silent hill, ask any random person at your local mall what predator is and prolly 8/10 people will know it where as silent hill prolly only 2/10!

Speaking of video games, Alan Wake would be a pretty interesting property to work with, although the characters would be difficult to use.

As much as I love that franchise, there is no way you can do that franchise justice in a live setting

Idk foo, last time I checked there was only 2 AVP films.
I think he was joking. Edited by Zero56

The silent hill franchise is not that great as far as video games go, dead space, resident evil, and bio shock surpass it in the amount of people that follow it. Predator is deffinetly more popular then silent hill, ask any random person at your local mall what predator is and prolly 8/10 people will know it where as silent hill prolly only 2/10!

Again, any evidence for that stuff? It sounds like you're making stuff up because you don't like the series. Including a survey that you decided what the results would "prolly" be.

• Like 2

As much as I love that franchise, there is no way you can do that franchise justice in a live setting

I kept trying to think about it today lol. The most you could do is dress the Taken in really dark or almost black clothing and have some fog or mist around but there's no way to pull of the darkness fog that protects them. Although the all black thing matched with dark sets and fog would be pretty frightening since they could blend in.

Resident evil sure, definitely not bio shock or dead space.

• Like 1

Oh, shit, guize. Call of Duty: Ghosts has the word Ghost in it. AND IT'S REALLY POPULAR! Def. gonna be there next year. Ain't no way it ain't.

That joke would work better if there wasn't legitimate requests for Call of Duty's zombie maps on here.

• Like 1

Ugh no I'm very much into video games but I know for a fact that the silent hill franchise isn't that popular!

I honestly dont know the ratio to compair the two but really? come on! like serisously dude? come on.

Silent Hill and Resident Evil are the big 2 compair to Dead Space and Bioshock that have like 3 games and 0 big screen adaptations. This has to be a joke right? I mean if you don't like you don't like it but this is kinda underselling.

I kept trying to think about it today lol. The most you could do is dress the Taken in really dark or almost black clothing and have some fog or mist around but there's no way to pull of the darkness fog that protects them. Although the all black thing matched with dark sets and fog would be pretty frightening since they could blend in.

Have you seen the series they released before the game, Bright Falls? It was pretty scary and I don't think they used a lot of cgi on the Taken.

I'm playing dead rising 3 right now and it would make such a great light-hearted house. XD alas, it would never happen.

Edited by Zero56

Is Dead Space 3 light hearted? I've only played 2, and it was pretty dark and terrifying. If 3 is light hearted I'm going to be let down.

Yeah it is. All of the horror aspects dead space had going for it are gone , so it's all action for part 3. :/ they did what Resident Evil did for part 5 and 6.

Ugh, yeah I've heard that but I was hoping that it was more horror based action or something. Gross. Well, that change kinda puts a huge nail into the coffin of the most likely video game series.

To me, Resident Evil seems rather unlikely. TWD is coming back. Its still amazingly popular and there's plenty of maze fodder. However, the last thing the GP is going to embrace alongside three years of zombies at the park is even more zombies. Yes I know Orlando had both. They have more mazes which makes a lack of variety easier to stomach and it was the second year. If this is the last year of TWD, would Resident Evil be exactly welcome? The "More zombies please" and "I don't like TWD" circles don't overlap much on the Venn Diagram. By milking TWD, USH is also milking the very idea of zombies. While RE is certainly a popular franchise, circumstances are really working against it.

Edited by ferox

If we get another year of TWD, I think my brain is going to get very used to it and see the two in tandem. If it weren't to come back for a fourth year, I think id be like "wtf, what do you mean no TWD? TWD is HHN." Like, I would just expect to get on the TT and think I'm going to hear that guy's voice narrate what just happened on the last season and then on the way back, see upcoming clips of a new season. One more year of it and my mind will ritualize it. I love RE and would love to see it, but I feel like Hollywood is in need of an icon, and if it not an icon, then a constant theme or tradition. TWD could be that theme for the next decade. It won't always be the star attraction, it might not even always be a maze or the TT, but even with the desire for variety and new things, I still want to go to HHN expecting a certain thing when I get there, like Bill and Ted, but that doesn't feel very Halloween.

Idk, maybe I'm just talking crazy because I absolutely loved tonights episode.

Which is why.... it would be best to cut it now. I don't wanna grow familiarity and contempt for it to the point where I'll be sad when its gone.

Edited by DTH316
  • Like 2

Is Dead Space 3 light hearted? I've only played 2, and it was pretty dark and terrifying. If 3 is light hearted I'm going to be let down.

I never actually played 2, but I was playing 3. Not scary, but the monsters are very reminiscent of most other horror games. Just freaky looking, but nothing so crazy it stands out.

Yeah I doubt Dead Space is likely either after part 3. I know EA and Capcom believe that cutting the horror and increasing the action adds mass appeal but they're wrong ! Lol horror fans are the ones buying these types of games in the first place. I'm glad Shinji Mikami is creating a new IP, hopefully the Evil Within turns out to be great and scary. I know one game won't warrant a maze for HHN, but who knows in the future if it gains a following who knows...

And yeah, after tonight's episode of TWD, I'm 100% on board to see it return. This show just keeps getting better, and I'm glad we finally got the showdown we deserved from the finale of season 3.

Edited by shark23

Have you seen the series they released before the game, Bright Falls? It was pretty scary and I don't think they used a lot of cgi on the Taken.

I'm playing dead rising 3 right now and it would make such a great light-hearted house. XD alas, it would never happen.

I actually just got Alan Wake recently lol so I haven't gotten into the web series or the DLC. I'll probably start though.

Dead rising looks pretty cool from the lets plays that I've watched.

Edited by Ridesandstuff

I'm just using silent hills awareness compared to predator and that predator is more well known. I never thought Predator would have an awareness issue until one of you brought it up.

And yes beleive me more people follow bio shock over silent hill. Bio shock is considered to be one of the best RPGs, and personally I've never played it but when it comes to video games I know my stuff. There's a reason why one of them isn't really around anymore.