HHN Hollywood 2013 Event Discussion

When I go should I even do B&T? Is it bad enough to just skip?

Honest from the clips I seen it seems BAD but I would'nt skip it the show (minus last year cuz it was perfect) tend to change from week to week and with all the negative feedback Im sure they are going to change A LOT but like Kurse said if you want to do everything at least once or you usuasly enjoy Bill and Ted see it, but if you never realy cared for it just skip it.

I want to post this now before I forget once again.

On opening night, when my group was on the backlot, we were asked to take five minutes to fill out a survey. The survey was asking me how my experience was on the backlot. The employee told me that the purpose of this was to convince the higher ups to put more mazes on the backlot. I gave favorable results to the survey, but mentioned the confusing line system that I had encountered down there.

I hope that they're not aiming to add mazes but replace one of their smaller venues for the sake of a bigger one (I'm lookin' at you Mummy venue).

I think more mazes on the backlot would be good to spread out the crowds being trammed down there. From the looks of how opening night's lines were, its the cluster funk we expected it would be (if you've yet to go, seriously hit it first!). This last Saturday seems to have been the rare "uncrowded" day and the exception to the rule. With opening night not being a sold out night from the get go (toooooons of people still buying tickets), that means the event can only get more crowded. 160 min lines could potentially be 180!

How'd you get confused by the lines? I found it super easy to navigate. Unless you mean the FOL line, that did seem odd, since it was one line for 2 mazes.

Edited by DTH316

It seems as though:

Orlando TWD < Hollywood TWD

I strongly disagree by all videos I've seen of Hollywoods house. Orlando's sets are way more detailed and interactive. The only thing better about Hollwoods is the prosthetics/makeup and the helicopter scene. I'll definitely give them that and wish we had that level of detail here as far as the walkers. But I'll take bad masks anyday over this houses horrible layout and witnessing the same scene over and over as your stuck standing there. In one video the line was moving so slow that people were posing next to the animatronic popout taking photos. Even the LA Times commented on how awful the Cell Block C section was.

I know the line can't determine the quality of the house but definitely feel Orlando did it way better even outside of that, and did not see that coming. Hollywoods feels like a generic prison house complete with dummies in closed cellblocks and then the Woodbury part lasts maybe 3 rooms that concludes in a really lame way. It's got a cool facade but the prison tower feels out of place next to that building for some reason.

However the Dead On Arrival scarezone is the closest either park has gotten to the show and the Terror Tram looks sick.

I strongly believe Hollywoods crushed Orlandos by a mile last year, so once again this came as a surprise.

Edited by somebody85

The LA Times guy hates the event every year. He started off the article by whining about how there isn't Freddy, Cooper, or Jason this year to serve as the "face" of the event. He complained that Insidious didn't have any iconic scenes or repeatable identifiable characters or a compelling back story. Anyone who says that about the Insidious maze is full of it.

The LA Times guy hates the event every year. He started off the article by whining about how there isn't Freddy, Cooper, or Jason this year to serve as the "face" of the event. He complained that Insidious didn't have any iconic scenes or repeatable identifiable characters or a compelling back story. Anyone who says that about the Insidious maze is full of it.

I'm not a fan of Insidious the movie. But if there's enough characters so that throughout the maze the same character isn't scaring you the whole time, isn't that a good thing?

• Like 1

I strongly disagree by all videos I've seen of Hollywoods house. Orlando's sets are way more detailed and interactive. The only thing better about Hollwoods is the prosthetics/makeup and the helicopter scene. I'll definitely give them that and wish we had that level of detail here as far as the walkers. But I'll take bad masks anyday over this houses horrible layout and witnessing the same scene over and over as your stuck standing there. In one video the line was moving so slow that people were posing next to the animatronic popout taking photos. Even the LA Times commented on how awful the Cell Block C section was.

I know the line can't determine the quality of the house but definitely feel Orlando did it way better even outside of that, and did not see that coming. Hollywoods feels like a generic prison house complete with dummies in closed cellblocks and then the Woodbury part lasts maybe 3 rooms that concludes in a really lame way. It's got a cool facade but the prison tower feels out of place next to that building for some reason.

However the Dead On Arrival scarezone is the closest either park has gotten to the show and the Terror Tram looks sick.

I strongly believe Hollywoods crushed Orlandos by a mile last year, so once again this came as a surprise.

the reason the maze only had 3 rooms for Woodburry was the Terror Tram was to focus more on Woodburry butthe Governer's mancave and Penny's cage would'nt of fit the TT.

He's gonna start his own Horror Nights with Black Jack and hookers!

wow this is a first that ticket prices have ever gone down....I wonder if it has anything to do with the lack of people saturday.

wow this is a first that ticket prices have ever gone down....I wonder if it has anything to do with the lack of people saturday.

I'm sure it does.

I think so. If he likes one central character instead of a cast, that's his opinion but his claims that there are no iconic scenes or backstory are just factually inaccurate.

That I will agree with, the Insidious house is amazing. Couldn't have nailed the change between movies better. I also think you guys got one of the best IP houses ever with Halloween, which I wish some year would come to Orlando...but I'm not sure they could pull it off that well.

I never got to do Halloween :,{ I pray that they repeat it one of these year MM is my favorite Horror villain ever!!!

It needs to come back even if everyone on here hates on it for being a slasher :P

no one hates on it for being a slasher..we just dont want it back they used litteraly everything they could take from it like Trevler says its kinda a boring enviroment to make a maze out of great movies but one year is enough to get the point across. Same reason NO body wants Freddy or Jason back, I personally love those movies but they milked them dry and they were able to get 3 years out of them cuz they had enough kills and enviroments to milk halloween is more the same...the maze was great...rather not see it again.