HHN 2013: El Cucuy: The Boogyman

Grindhousehero13

• 2 weeks later...

Murdy via Twitter

"We decided early on in the concept phase that El Cucuy would not only steal and eat children, he takes souvenirs from the children he visits

There's a room in his lair we call "The Trophy Room" Our prop team did an amazing job in that room...its out of control!

Even the curtains between scenes in El Cucuy's lair are themed...look closely at them and see what he made them out of????"

This maze just got more intense. What do you think his curtains are made of?

<----- Forgets about Horrornightnightmares for like, a year, looks at concept art, is kinda genuinely freaked out. I can expect how Zombies will act, I've seen Evil Dead and Insidious, Sabbath will have metal playing I'm sure which isn't scary to me, but this... this is fucking MORBID! I can't wait!

• Like 2

I'm liking how morbid, disturbing, and gruesome this is sounding. I feel like over the years, HHN has felt a tad more cartoonish and less serious (From the SZs, Alice Cooper, and UMR), but this maze is helping bring the morbidness back. I'm liking what I'm hearing. :)

• Like 1

well to be honest the most morbid mazes we had were Asylum back in 06, TCM: BIB, and Hostel, The Thing and La Llorona were disturbing, like you said everything else was either cartoonish scary(HOTC, Alice Cooper, MBV, and just basicly everything in House Of Horror) Nestolgic scary (NOES, Friday The 13th, Halloween) or more action-y/suspensful scary (The Walking Dead, Silent Hill, SAW) this is the first in my opion that is litteraly both disturbing and morbid and thats a good thing.