HHN 2013: El Cucuy: The Boogyman

Grindhousehero13

I quote from insidethemagic which explains various scenes that will be in the maze

Trejos distinctive gravelly, gruff and gripping voice deftly narrates the legend through the eyes of the monster and malevolently morphs into El Cucuy. Maze-goers will follow Trejos ominous voice as it guides them into disturbingly gruesome sights ravaged and pillaged by the shape-shifting trickery of El Cucuy including the scene of a childs birthday party gone horribly awry. Distressing maze chaos continues in sinister scenes which lure maze-goers through a family room, a childs bedroom and closet where the merciless attack of El Cucuy is witnessed in pools of blood with lifeless bodies exposed to reveal gaping wounds; toys, stuffed animals and clothing are scattered about in the struggle. Maze-goers soon find themselves entering El Cucuys evil cave; a cavernous macabre of horror where muffled cries for help signal impending torment ahead.

This maze sounds amazing. Also didnt know that Danny will be El Cucuy's actual voice...very cool.

• Like 1

From Murdy's twitter on a scene from the maze (not sure if it's true or not, but if it is, it sounds scary as Hell): "I like the scene where you go to a child's birthday party...but all the children are gone...just their ghostly voices...screaming... Sad pinatas hanging in the trees, a birthday cake...destroyed...growling...a shadow appears in the window of the house...its carrying a sack."

• Like 1

From Murdy's twitter on a scene from the maze (not sure if it's true or not, but if it is, it sounds scary as Hell): "I like the scene where you go to a child's birthday party...but all the children are gone...just their ghostly voices...screaming... Sad pinatas hanging in the trees, a birthday cake...destroyed...growling...a shadow appears in the window of the house...its carrying a sack."

Oooohhhh I love this idea for a scene! This is going to be great to see this. It's scenes like this that I love as it depicts a story rather than "here is a room". "Here are some environments and a guy jumps out". That's kind of how I felt the houses were like last year, except for La Llorona.

I'm excited for this one and hope that the sets are just as beautiful, if not moreso, than La Llorona. I'm only slightly concerned that the urban environments would take away from that a bit, but I trust John and Chris' judgement here.

• Like 1

So if I go through the maze yelling, "It's Jill!" and pointing to myself, you'll take it easy on me right? :lol:

Edit: Grats, btw! You must be super excited!

No promises -- that might just encourage me. :P

Thanks! Yeah, I'm excited. Will be my first time working in a maze.

• Like 1