HHN 2013: Black Sabbath: 13 3D

Ridesandstuff

"Aside from being the band that pretty much invented heavy metal, Sabbath's music has always been a warning to the world...A warning on the dangers of the occult, addiction, the horrors of war and nuclear apocalypse, this dark subject matter inspired the maze...This is an original maze based on those subjects, Chris and I drew our inspiration for each scene from the band's lyrics...so what will see?I mentioned 4 time periods...you'll journey through a Gothic Church, Victorian madhouses, WWI trenches and the Nevada proving grounds...What's the Nevada proving grounds? That's where the government tested nuclear bombs in the 1950's...so yeah, we're gonna nuke your ass! LOL. What won't you see? Characters designed to look like the band. All the characters in the maze are designed around the songs/themes..."

I know a lot of people are gonna complain but now that I see the concept I kinda dig it. Something that to me is a plus and already prooves to be way better than Alice Cooper is that Murdy said on twitter that there will be NO characters based any of the band members including Ozzy, and the Band members aare not going to appear.

• Like 4

That video did get me kinda pumped for the maze even tho I would of loved to have something like AWIL or CITW more. It's probably going to be based on all the songs with Ozzy as vocals but id love to see some Heaven and Hell in the maze. R.I.P. Dio

EDIT:

Now that Ive had more time to soak this in and read Murdy's tweets describing the maze im super pumped for it and I think it could be a potential maze of the year for alot of people (including me if Insidious isnt announced). So happy Cooper is gone and we got the true masters of metal Black Sabbath.

Edited by Hatchet
  • Like 2

"Aside from being the band that pretty much invented heavy metal, Sabbath's music has always been a warning to the world...A warning on the dangers of the occult, addiction, the horrors of war and nuclear apocalypse, this dark subject matter inspired the maze...This is an original maze based on those subjects, Chris and I drew our inspiration for each scene from the band's lyrics...so what will see?I mentioned 4 time periods...you'll journey through a Gothic Church, Victorian madhouses, WWI trenches and the Nevada proving grounds...What's the Nevada proving grounds? That's where the government tested nuclear bombs in the 1950's...so yeah, we're gonna nuke your ass! LOL. What won't you see? Characters designed to look like the band. All the characters in the maze are designed around the songs/themes..."

Pretty excited for this. First I'm very happy to hear that Ozzy himself isn't going to be in the maze (especially as a goofy looking werewolf) and the occult apocalypse theme is very interesting.

I would be more excited about this if it wasn't in 3D. It might be visually pleasing, but 3D mazes are usually never scary. I really hope this maze will surprise me and prove me wrong though.

although I loved GTH didnt think it was scary but HOTC was actualy scary for a 3D maze although it was not as heavy as GTH I see it more on par with HOTC as far 3D a "Dark and Gritty" 3D as oppose to GTH's "Neon" 3D

• Like 1

Although i don't listen to this type of music, the art as well as the scenes and themes involved sounds great. Im willing to bet that this will be a pretty good maze

also from inside the magic:

"Guests will come face to face with a heart-stopping Lucifer and his bride, blood-soaked dead bodies and bubbling pools of “radioactive water” while song’s inspired by “Luke’s Wall,” “Iron Man,” “Paranoid,” “War Pigs,” “Electric Funeral” and — of course — “Black Sabbath” violently penetrate the confines of the maze at high volume."

• Like 1

I get the same vibe from the info that's released so far. Murdy said that he felt GTH was cool but not that scary (as most of us would agree) so he seemed to go with something that is, well, darker. In tone and color scheme. If he's changing it up by leaving Cooper behind I imagine he would change it up by making 3D scary.

There better be a N.I.B. scene as that's my favorite Black Sabbath song...but Electric Funeral is a close second. Is anybody else expecting literal war pigs for War Pigs?

Oh yeah, and Hand of Doom. Bring that one on.

• Like 1

. Is anybody else expecting literal war pigs for War Pigs?

I thought the same thing but what I'm more curiouse about is since he has said Ironman is one of the songs being represented, jokes about my favorite Marvel Super hero aside the song is about a robot from the future I'm really excited to see this flesh eerrrrrr I mean steel out lol.

• Like 1

If this is the maze replacing CitW or RE I'm going to be pissed!!!

no CITW was dropped for Evil Dead, Re was dropped for Walking Dead

Im Dr. Suess 0_O

There is a nice spread of Crow going on if you want in.

I know seesh! Aside from it being Black Sabbath related it not something BAD don't realy see whats to complain about. I've been wanting Resident Evil for a long while and when USJ did it last was hoping we do it too with news of Orlando getting it but Murdy has not canceled it out like other Properties so Im happy with 13:3D this and next year will be the year of the T-Virus ;)

• Like 2

I know seesh! Aside from it being Black Sabbath related it not something BAD don't realy see whats to complain about. I've been wanting Resident Evil for a long while and when USJ did it last was hoping we do it too with news of Orlando getting it but Murdy has not canceled it out like other Properties so Im happy with 13:3D this and next year will be the year of the T-Virus ;)

Hey, man, I never denied it. I just fully disagreed with every aspect of it.

YES year of the T-Virus (and hopefully the year of a coven of witches too :ninja: )

Hey, man, I never denied it. I just fully disagreed with every aspect of it.

hey Im just saying give this maze a chance it could be a lot worse. Hey I hated Alice Cooper untill 2011 then the maze got me into his music even not saying this will make you a Black Sabbath fan just wait till you walk throught the maze to condem it.

Team thread coming soon

I'm just tired of the music mazes. No good has come from them AC, UMR, debatabley RZ. If this one flops too, I will... never... go... to hhn.... again!....*eyes shift* anyone believe me?

Shhhhh Murdy's revealing the hints.

In terms of ratings, Goes to Hell was the only one that flopped.... lol Just relax, and take a deep breathe.... I know nothing about Black Sabbath but all the info were getting about the maze so far sounds really awesome.