HHN 2013: Black Sabbath: 13 3D

Ridesandstuff

The band's name was "Earth." They changed their name after seeing people lined up to see the movie "Black Sabbath" with Boris Karloff...The band's name was "Earth." They changed their name after seeing people lined up to see the movie "Black Sabbath" with Boris Karloff, And the book? According to bassist/lyricist Geezer Butler, someone lent him a book on the occult, then later that night he woke up and saw a FIGURE IN BLACK standing over his bed. In the morning, the book had vanished. You'll meet the FIGURE IN BLACK in the maze. That tale can be found in the lyrics to their song "Black Sabbath" on their first album. To me, that song is the beginning of heavy metal. I also said something about this maze reminds me of a holiday tradition. That would be a NATIVITY scene...as in NATIVITY IN BLACK.

John tweeting on how the maze was inspired by a book and movie. Also tweeting on how it reminds him of a holiday tradition.

hey Im just saying give this maze a chance it could be a lot worse. Hey I hated Alice Cooper untill 2011 then the maze got me into his music even not saying this will make you a Black Sabbath fan just wait till you walk throught the maze to condem it.

Team thread coming soon

I didn't hate Alice Cooper. I just didn't care for him, but his first maze turned out to be my favourite that year. I'm not saying the maze is gonna suck. I'd just prefer not to see it at all.. We need something else. It's actually really boring to hear "This band is gonna be a maze" Even if it doesn't have anything to do with the band members, themselves. If that was the case, you can literally turn every band into a nightmare house by picking out specific lyrics in every song they have. Shit, make an Owl City house, I'm sure he said some crazy shit that can be turned into horror with a little bit of creativity. "Fireflies: Gone to Hell"

Idk, it just sounds too boring. His music doesn't interest me, the band doesn't interest me, not even the teaser interested me. I think he could've chose something much better. And all this "Hardcore advertising" for new shit coming out is getting out of hand too. It feels like it's pushing everything else out of the way 'cause of strict demand. "Can't do Trick 'r Treat 'cause it's kinda old, gonna do Walking Dead again 'cause a new season is out"

Making me lose hope on things we've wanted to see for a LONG time because they prefer choosing things that are brand new ONLY.

Evil Dead; new movie. Walking Dead; new season. Black Sabbath; new album. CitW; last year, no thanks. Resident Evil; I don't even know, but nothing new, so no thanks. Insidious (a likely choice); new movie. UMR; BACK AGAIN (Most likely), just like HOTC and SAW.

TL;DR: The maze may not suck and COULD be the best maze this year. The idea, in my opinion, is a piece of shit and should've been replaced.

Edited by Kurseddragon
  • Like 2

I know I'm late to the party here (You can thank Pacific Rim and the site being down for that), but I'm finally going to put my two cents in here.

Being a person who loves Black Sabbath, I'm really excited for this. I'm just a bit let down by the fact that this will be in 3D. I would like to be proven wrong and see them do a great job with the 3D, but I just don't see their music as "colorful" enough to provide neon bright color images. I am looking forward to seeing 3D screens being used in the house. As far as I know, that's a first ever I've seen for a haunted house. I'm a bit tired out of 3D, but environments like Gothic churches and the madhouses...I don't visualize them as "bright neon environments".

Now, I'm thinking this is going to go in Persian Square and will spill over into French Street. If this is true, I predict the facade will be in French Street and will exit out by Mel's. The facade would fir with the French street vibe as it is supposed to be a Gothic church. Murdy said that the Persian square location is where T2 would have been placed. That has been established as the official 3D location, so it's only logical that it would go there.

I think this will be be playing at the facade:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5yR5XhCIeg

My thought is, if it ISN'T the neon 3D and more of the LED/HOTC/blur vision 3D then its gonna be freakin pointless. I also wonder how the 3D screens will work out, as I imagine it won't be like a regular projection/screen and such like King Kong/Transformers since those would require REAL ACTUAL 3D glasses, which um, don't translate into a maze format.

Good deduction Freak!

If it helps people who aren't excited for this, we're seeing this instead of another Cooper maze. It's something original. Yes, it's a music based maze. But the music is horror music. But it's more than just music. It's nuclear holocaust. It's world war one warfare. It's the freakish and the occult. It's Murdy saying "Well Goes to Hell was pretty cool but it wasn't scary, so let's do something SCARY with this. Let's get some foreboding atmosphere. We get all of that PLUS a great soundtrack. Come on, that's pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsLkL8DTHeg

• Like 5

John tweeting on how the maze was inspired by a book and movie. Also tweeting on how it reminds him of a holiday tradition.

that sounds badass no joke

so let me get this straight? even if this turns out to be the best maze in HHNH History you'd still hate it cuz it's based on Black Sabbath? Look we all want Trick r Treat more than anything but that got shot down by Murdy the year it came out and not cuz of it being "old" since it was just released it was shot down cuz of WB holding it back so much it had to be direct to DVD just to be released. CITW btw was'nt shelfed because it was a year old it was shelfed because Murdy didnt want two "Cabin" mazes in the same year. if everything was based on being new the biggest example of this being contradictory is HOTC number one maze in '10 and brought back in '11, was released 10 years before HOTC: Zombie-Vision.

• Like 2

I didn't hate Alice Cooper. I just didn't care for him, but his first maze turned out to be my favourite that year. I'm not saying the maze is gonna suck. I'd just prefer not to see it at all.. We need something else. It's actually really boring to hear "This band is gonna be a maze" Even if it doesn't have anything to do with the band members, themselves. If that was the case, you can literally turn every band into a nightmare house by picking out specific lyrics in every song they have. Shit, make an Owl City house, I'm sure he said some crazy shit that can be turned into horror with a little bit of creativity. "Fireflies: Gone to Hell"

Idk, it just sounds too boring. His music doesn't interest me, the band doesn't interest me, not even the teaser interested me. I think he could've chose something much better. And all this "Hardcore advertising" for new shit coming out is getting out of hand too. It feels like it's pushing everything else out of the way 'cause of strict demand. "Can't do Trick 'r Treat 'cause it's kinda old, gonna do Walking Dead again 'cause a new season is out"

Making me lose hope on things we've wanted to see for a LONG time because they prefer choosing things that are brand new ONLY.

Evil Dead; new movie. Walking Dead; new season. Black Sabbath; new album. CitW; last year, no thanks. Resident Evil; I don't even know, but nothing new, so no thanks. Insidious (a likely choice); new movie. UMR; BACK AGAIN (Most likely), just like HOTC and SAW.

TL;DR: The maze may not suck and COULD be the best maze this year. The idea, in my opinion, is a piece of shit and should've been replaced.

Omg amen !! That's the same that I feel , when I say I want an original I want a fucking original house based on nothing but what the fuck comes out of their heads something That has no sort of connection to a movie!! Book! Or music and he's I know HHN has turned into a big advertisement.

'Come check out this new maze, *throws out big logo of new movie or new album/new season*

Evil Dead and TWD killed CITW and RE. It was Murdy's call to have a variety of themes.

that sounds badass no joke

so let me get this straight? even if this turns out to be the best maze in HHNH History you'd still hate it cuz it's based on Black Sabbath? Look we all want Trick r Treat more than anything but that got shot down by Murdy the year it came out and not cuz of it being "old" since it was just released it was shot down cuz of WB holding it back so much it had to be direct to DVD just to be released. CITW btw was'nt shelfed because it was a year old it was shelfed because Murdy didnt want two "Cabin" mazes in the same year. if everything was based on being new the biggest example of this being contradictory is HOTC number one maze in '10 and brought back in '11, was released 10 years before HOTC: Zombie-Vision.

Don't forget Hostel and Saw is the Law.

I think we can all agree this maze has potential to pretty rad! I'm just not diggin the whole 3d thing. In the goes to hell maze it really took me out of the whole experience. Same with hotc. I find just distracting more than anything else. Hopefully they can really nail it with this one! What exactly did murdy say about having a 3d screen in this maze?

Omg amen !! That's the same that I feel , when I say I want an original I want a fucking original house based on nothing but what the fuck comes out of their heads something That has no sort of connection to a movie!! Book! Or music and he's I know HHN has turned into a big advertisement.

'Come check out this new maze, *throws out big logo of new movie or new album/new season*

Now how in the Hell can they do something based on nothing? Do you mean you want some super generic concept that has been done to death by hundreds of haunts?

I don't agree with everything Murdy does, but come on. This is something that's really original.

Edited by ferox

Im sorry do you know what "NEW MAZE" means at all? Have you seen a Sabbath house before? If this isnt a new house to you, then apparently every house must be a repeat in your eyes. How about you dont be so ignorant and accept the fact that you arent getting La Lorona or AC again. And god forbid YOU dont get what you want. Calm your tits, this isnt the only house.

• Like 5

Alright guys, i wanna freshen up on my Sabbath and hopefully get some new tracks on my "on the way to HHN mix." Which albums (other than 13) seem to have the most influence on this maze based on the songs already confirmed to be in the maze? Thanks for any help in advance

*Tear, Tear* Aside from me killing smurfs today I think I might actually enjoy this. I like the war concept which is why I'm in also me and my brother are gonna scream SHAROOOOON! To every Ozzy scareactor :P This gets me quite happy in a way that if this is popular music mazes could appear in the future maybe my fav next year Marilyn Manson! :D Who knows anywho you could only hate Ozzy so much maybe this might get me to like him who knows.

• Like 1

*Tear, Tear* Aside from me killing smurfs today I think I might actually enjoy this. I like the war concept which is why I'm in also me and my brother are gonna scream SHAROOOOON! To every Ozzy scareactor :P This gets me quite happy in a way that if this is popular music mazes could appear in the future maybe my fav next year Marilyn Manson! :D Who knows anywho you could only hate Ozzy so much maybe this might get me to like him who knows.

None of the band members will be represented in the maze so that means no Ozzy's this is the polar exact oppisite of Alice Cooper where EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER was Alice.

But glad you are on board!

• Like 2

The maze announcement got me so pumped up for HHN this morning.... After seeing the fun and the horror-camp that our ole' Grandpa Alice brought us, it's nice to switch up the vibe a little..... Words cannot describe the feelings of pure evil that oozed out of the PR video this morning... :D Can't wait to see what Ozzy, Geezer and Tony can bring to the table...