HHN 2013: Black Sabbath: 13 3D

Ridesandstuff

So from what I see this is kinda war themed right? Im glad that Murdy is using the song War Pigs. If I would have to pick a favorite Sabbath song its that one. I have an Internet problem right now so im not up to date on all of this so I have to ask has John announced the location yet?

Now how in the Hell can they do something based on nothing? Do you mean you want some super generic concept that has been done to death by hundreds of haunts?

I don't agree with everything Murdy does, but come on. This is something that's really original.

It's not original it's semi-original because they're using ideas from something else they're not magically sitting in a room and thinking of something to create that doesn't involve music /movie/ book

If its JP, they didn't think it through haha

A Paris facade obviously fits in... the Parisian Courtyard -_-

Going into, say a prison, or a house for Insidious, or whatever Pumpkin is (I'm assuming will be latin based upon my Del Toro spec) just wouldn't LOOK right.

It's not really that original. A Black Sabbath house; yes, completely original. A band house, not original; a 3D house, not original. It doesn't seem OMG, THIS IS SO DIFFERENT to me. It's just like, "Eh, a 'horror' band house. I'm sure it'll be good, but whatever. What's next?" And I'd prefer to have that OMG feeling from something else.

A lot of the people (NOT all) who like this house are fans of Ozzy, or Black Sabbath, so they're totally kool with it. Ask somebody who has no idea who it is, I have a feeling you'd get a different answer. Now, obviously, a lot of people know who it is. Actually, my girlfriend didn't know who Black Sabbath was and when I told her Ozzy, she just shrugged.

It's not an amazing idea. Neither was Alice Cooper, but at least that was completely original as we never had a rock-icon house before.

I never said I'd hate it 'cause it's Black Sabbath? I even said I didn't care for Alice Cooper when that maze was announced, but it turned out to be my favourite maze that year. Who knows, maybe the maze itself will be my favourite maze this year as well? I'm just saying, the idea itself is stupid, and seems boring. Just another advertisement for an upcoming album. They did it once with Alice, now again with Black Sabbath. I'm REALLY hoping they don't do it again with another new album of another rock-icon. And honestly, I can't think of another band, whether they have a new album coming out or not, that I'd want to see a house based off of. I'm sure there are a lot, since I don't listen to that kind of music, but it's just... I'm sure a lot of people besides me don't like this idea of Black Sabbath because they aren't a fan of his music, and even if they are, it just could've been used with a better IP.

To be honest, Murdy probably jumped on it 'cause this was the one-time-only maze. Not like everyone would've been happy if next year they announced "Black Sabbath's 13 album from last year is now making its debut as a maze." A lot of people would've been like "Would've been great last year, but this year, not so much."

Murdy should've let it pass, it's just another advertisement.

As for the Trick 'r Treat and CitW crap; fine, I'll accept those reasons. They were just examples that I didn't fully process. But still, I'm tired of seeing this event become one big advertisement scheme. It was kool at first, especially for The Thing since I wanted to see the movie and it was just a super kool trailer to me, but it's getting old. They're taking it a whole new level and way too far.

Every maze so far has been an advertisement. Evil Dead, Walking Dead, 13, and probably Insidious. 4 out of 6 mazes, maybe more, we don't know.

I don't know, I feel like they're getting this "Everyone wants to see this movie, gotta make a maze out of it NOW" stuck in their head. Like they have no other choices or other IPs that people want to see. I'm sure we all would've skipped out on Black Sabbath happily if they offered something we've been waiting for in its place, and what I'm trying to get at, is if they stopped trying to go for new things that are coming out, they'd try harder for things that have been wanted for years now.

Idk, I hope Black Sabbath is a good maze, I really do. I just wish they didn't do it.

Ahh you took the words right out of my mouth. I couldn't agree with you more , that's what I get mad of that the event is one big advertisement , a couple years ago it didn't feel like that and now it's like right in ur face advertisement

If its JP, they didn't think it through haha

A Paris facade obviously fits in... the Parisian Courtyard -_-

Going into, say a prison, or a house for Insidious, or whatever Pumpkin is (I'm assuming will be latin based upon my Del Toro spec) just wouldn't LOOK right.

Imagine BS is in a soundstage ? -____- ill be pissed off!!!!

• Like 1

I'm thinking maybe the 3D video can be in the nuke scene where we look out of the building "window" in the testing grounds facility and see the nuke go off? That'd be pretty badass, don't know how possible that'd be but it would be cool... Haha

Edited by shark23