HHN 2013: Evil Dead: Book Of The Dead

The chainsaw could be apart of the prosthetic. Super heavy duty make up. And then the blade would be attached to the back of the dead. Its definitely been done a countless number of times in movies -- but in a maze with someone pushing on their head? Idk.

And their upper body would be standing, with fake legs bending back. Like the caved in bed kill for F13.

Its doable, guys! Gonna be disappointed if that ain't a real person now lmao

... actually now that I look at the arrows, I see its an indicator that the chainsaw will be sliding back and forth threw the mouth. Still awesomeeeee

Edited by DTH316

I think... I'll make an exception of my hatred for water gags for this maze. I got enough forewarning and for being one of the bloodiest franchises ever, including raining blood, its kinda fitting to walk out of this one soaking wet - much like the stage play musical where you actually get drenched by red fake blood.

I'm actually very surprised they're doing the puke gag. When i saw the movie, I instantly assumed it'd be a maze, and I wondered how'd they pull that off live.

• Like 4

I think... I'll make an exception of my hatred for water gags for this maze. I got enough forewarning and for being one of the bloodiest franchises ever, including raining blood, its kinda fitting to walk out of this one soaking wet - much like the stage play musical where you actually get drenched by red fake blood.

I'm actually very surprised they're doing the puke gag. When i saw the movie, I instantly assumed it'd be a maze, and I wondered how'd they pull that off live.

This is why we probably won't see this gag in Orlando. I'm interested in seeing how they will do the effects. It probably won't be as extreme over there.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you guys at Employee Preview Night, I heard a lot that there were no "rain" in the blood rain scene. Well since this is something completely technical, there are bounds of issues that are gonna occur. The issue I believe has been addressed and tweaked hopefully soon. So yea just FYI.

when I went through there was "rain" (misters) but the floor was pretty slippery so that may be the reason if wasn't on the full night

Yeah that was an issue also in the Olivia Vomit Gag Room cuz the water got into the bathroom scene as well. Adjustments should be made tonight. Hope things have been tweaked

Watching the Evil Dead remake and...the dummy they used doesn't look much better than the one we have. Orlando didn't even attempt to recreate that scene.

Also, despite using a live actor, I think our tree violation scene was a better representation of the movie. The Orlando scene had a live actress that barely looked like Mia (she doesn't have black hair) with branches on her arms. You could clearly see that her legs were touching the floor and that she had nothing around her legs, much less up them. From what I can see the vomit scene in Orlando had no fake vomit of any kind, just miming the motion of vomiting.

• Like 1

Watching the Evil Dead remake and...the dummy they used doesn't look much better than the one we have. Orlando didn't even attempt to recreate that scene.

Also, despite using a live actor, I think our tree violation scene was a better representation of the movie. The Orlando scene had a live actress that barely looked like Mia (she doesn't have black hair) with branches on her arms. You could clearly see that her legs were touching the floor and that she had nothing around her legs, much less up them. From what I can see the vomit scene in Orlando had no fake vomit of any kind, just miming the motion of vomiting.

I agree, I haven't seen the video for our ED but Orlando's doesn't look too great. The makeup was bad and as you pointed out the tree scene and vomit scene were were very in my opinion lame. I don't get why everyone from the Hollywood side of the forum is making such a big deal about it. Is ours really that bad?

I'd prefer technical things to be looked over as long as its real.

For example, it bugged me in the Saw maze that the syringe trap was above ground when it was in the ground in the movie. But if the only way to pull it off by doing it in the ground is with a static dummy, then I choose the completely inaccurate above ground capsule with a live actor.

But as I said, aside from the makeup and casting over here, Orlando's version is much more intense because it feels more real.

• Like 1

I don't think you can compare what angle you're looking at somebody submerged in needles and somebody standing on the floor when they shouldn't be at all. It would be like if she was standing ankle deep in the needles instead of being submerged.

But, if you have the (understandable) categorical imperative of live actors always being better, then that's what you're going to go with.

Reading through the reviews for this maze, there's a lot of mixed or negative reviews. In terms of the route of static figures, I can understand why so many people are bugged by that. But there's always a logical reason for static figures like the Puking Mia Figure which is aimed to have that water effect to physically have guests be a part of that scene. Kudos for the Orlando side for some of the things they were able to pull off. Besides that issue, is there any other things that people saw in the maze in terms of live actors that you want to see improved? Let me know so I can let the cast know so we can give you guys the best experience possible

Edited by mrarbeezy

Just quicker scare intervals. The static dummies zap me back to reality super fast, so if a scareactor is making sure to get every room full, then I can at least be happy about cast performance. When I went through, the first half of the maze seemed fairly empty, even though I know the scareactors were there , they just seemed to be waiting... for... who knows... me to leave the room? Haha that should never happen.

Just quicker scare intervals. The static dummies zap me back to reality super fast, so if a scareactor is making sure to get every room full, then I can at least be happy about cast performance. When I went through, the first half of the maze seemed fairly empty, even though I know the scareactors were there , they just seemed to be waiting... for... who knows... me to leave the room? Haha that should never happen.

I'll be sure to get the word out to them on Friday. Thanks for your feedback! For a lot of us including myself, this is our first year so we will have issues with timing but we will get it down as the event continues on. In terms of the actors staying true to the characters in the movie, how did we do? Stuff like this really helps us so keep sharing your input.

• Like 1