HHN 2013: Evil Dead: Book Of The Dead

If we're going to start off in the woods, it sounds like we are going to have the same "facade" as Silent Hill, but without the sign. Heck we may have the same layout for the first part of the maze if that's the case. I hope they have more trees covering the black wall like for F13 in 2010.

As much as I love Evil Dead, I can't help but have low expectations for this house. While watching the movie, I could already tell it would feature the same stuff we've seen at the event numerous times: distraction-scare, hanging stuff, cut-in-half gags, etc. Hopefully this will be a good house.

I havnt seen the movie since april but cut in half? I don't remember that? but Im more certain that the facade would have to be the cabin.

I havnt seen the movie since april but cut in half? I don't remember that? but Im more certain that the facade would have to be the cabin.

I meant to say similar gags like that (throat cut from the Thing, chainsaw kill from TCM, etc.

Sorry Grind, it came straight from the director - the facade ain't the cabin. Unless 1) he's talking about Orlando's version 2) he is poorly mistaken, but he seemed very sure to know what he was talking about.

And yeah, I imagine the whole fences portion of Silent Hill being the same exact layout - just a hunch though. Boy I hope that's wrong though. In fact, I hope a lot of things they're sayin about this maze is wrong :-/

Edited by DTH316

This is how I think the maze will go. The maze is set as a cabin surrounded by trees having the feel of being in the woods. Waiting in line, you see the limping girl from the start of the film walking past the guest.

- the first room has the dead cats hanging from the roof with a terrible stench as you pass the book of the dead.

- next room has you inside the basement with the girl as a Deadite cussing and yelling as she is held against the wood.. The people in the room during the movie are seen on the other side of the room including the wierd bald deformed looking guy.

- in a small room, a actor holds the book

- One side of the room has "Eric" reading the book out loud as the other side is outdoors and has a demon/Deadite scare actor in the woods. Another Deadite actor pops out at the guest.

- in the woods, the demon is seen screaming. A car is inside a lake as the guests closely pass by the automobile, a Deadite comes out of the lake.

- The next room has you stand in between the tree rape scene and the Deadite who is about to posses Mia.

- Mia warns the audience about "something in the woods" as you see a Deadite in a mirror.

- she burns herself in the shower as someone knocks on the door asking Mia to open the door.

- Mia screams as you hear a Demonic Voice saying "like the others before you, one by one, we will take you" and "your all going to die tonight"

- take a turn to see Mia vomiting blood on Olivia. you go into the restroom to see Olivia standing still & a scare actor behind the bathroom mirror.

- possessed Olivia in restroom with lights flashing.

- Mia drags Natalie in the cellar. Cuts her tongue, kisses Natalie.

- Natalie cuts off her arm.

- Mia talks to the guest as she is under the cellar.

- Possessed Natalie

- Mia sings in the cellar. Guests walk through the flooded basement as Eric's body is in the water. Possessed Mia pops out at the guest with a box cutter.

- a buried Mia who's face is still revealed laughs which distracts you from a "Possessed Eric" scare actor.

- Raining blood and the Abomination rises out of hell to the guests.

- the blood rain continues and a tossed over jeep is seen with Mia killing the Abomination.

- The Book of the Dead closes in the final stage of the maze as a Ash look alike says "Groovy"

Edited by StraightEdge
  • Like 1

So foreboding.

I wonder how/if they are going to do the shower steam scene. I could see a large amount of fog coming from a heated room with the sounds of water playing and then a badly scarred "naked" Mia pops out.

So foreboding.

I wonder how/if they are going to do the shower steam scene. I could see a large amount of fog coming from a heated room with the sounds of water playing and then a badly scarred "naked" Mia pops out.

Mia was'nt naked when she into the boiling shower she had all of her clothes on.

@HorrorNights: ANSWER: God I hope so! Chris & I have it in the design but its very tricky technically..Tried to talk us out of it but we refuse to give up!

@TatiMarilyn_: @HorrorNights Will the sky bleed in the Evil Dead Maze?

Lol before entering this maze will there be a sign "WARNING! You will get WET" Edited by HigbeeHaunt

Guest kiwisoup

This is how I think the maze will go. The maze is set as a cabin surrounded by trees having the feel of being in the woods. Waiting in line, you see the limping girl from the start of the film walking past the guest.

- the first room has the dead cats hanging from the roof with a terrible stench as you pass the book of the dead.

- next room has you inside the basement with the girl as a Deadite cussing and yelling as she is held against the wood.. The people in the room during the movie are seen on the other side of the room including the wierd bald deformed looking guy.

- in a small room, a actor holds the book

- One side of the room has "Eric" reading the book out loud as the other side is outdoors and has a demon/Deadite scare actor in the woods. Another Deadite actor pops out at the guest.

- in the woods, the demon is seen screaming. A car is inside a lake as the guests closely pass by the automobile, a Deadite comes out of the lake.

- The next room has you stand in between the tree rape scene and the Deadite who is about to posses Mia.

- Mia warns the audience about "something in the woods" as you see a Deadite in a mirror.

- she burns herself in the shower as someone knocks on the door asking Mia to open the door.

- Mia screams as you hear a Demonic Voice saying "like the others before you, one by one, we will take you" and "your all going to die tonight"

- take a turn to see Mia vomiting blood on Olivia. you go into the restroom to see Olivia standing still & a scare actor behind the bathroom mirror.

- possessed Olivia in restroom with lights flashing.

- Mia drags Natalie in the cellar. Cuts her tongue, kisses Natalie.

- Natalie cuts off her arm.

- Mia talks to the guest as she is under the cellar.

- Possessed Natalie

- Mia sings in the cellar. Guests walk through the flooded basement as Eric's body is in the water. Possessed Mia pops out at the guest with a box cutter.

- a buried Mia who's face is still revealed laughs which distracts you from a "Possessed Eric" scare actor.

- Raining blood and the Abomination rises out of hell to the guests.

- the blood rain continues and a tossed over jeep is seen with Mia killing the Abomination.

- The Book of the Dead closes in the final stage of the maze as a Ash look alike says "Groovy"

That would be great...if they ever decided to triple the amount of rooms in a house ;-)