Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

I think we may see stuff from the old movies and the new one. I mean, they should have the necronomicon and Knowby's recording playing as you enter, and dudes dressed like Ash inside. They have to have the scene where he cuts off his hand while laughing maniacally. They have to have "I'll swallow your soul!" in there. They need the basement with the cats hanging down from the ceiling from the new movie as well as the deadite from the end. And the olds, gotta have the olds.

Realistic Niki:

Most likely based on the newest movie (any one who's actually seen it knows it's not actually a remake) with maybe a cameo from some elements of the originals and AoD. (They do have Ash costumes and the "She-Bitch" costume)

Wishful Thinking Niki:

Ash and Co. from Evil Dead and Evil Dead II for the first half, with Linda purposely looking different every time she's in the house. Second half of the house being Army of Darkness.

Finale ending in S-Mart or the super secret finale if you take a wrong turn being Ash in his car with a long beard in post apocalyptic London, complete with "I'VE SLEPT TOO LONG" eprom.

Or just simply an Evil Dead: The Musical house.

• Like 2

So Goth pretty much alluded to the 24th being our update day. But which site?

That's a bit late to get our "teaser" but then again last year's teaser revealed little more than a font and the site is already pretty generic right now. (oh for a mirror, a hand, a lantern, a movie theater facade, a carnival, a bunch or drawers... or anything different than last year.)

But will we see our customary theme change this week?

Now the Lgenday Truth site is up as it no longer directs to HHN... But it's 403 right now.

Will Legendary truth go live the 24th? My guess would be yes.

• Like 2

So Goth pretty much alluded to the 24th being our update day. But which site?

That's a bit late to get our "teaser" but then again last year's teaser revealed little more than a font and the site is already pretty generic right now. (oh for a mirror, a hand, a lantern, a movie theater facade, a carnival, a bunch or drawers... or anything different than last year.)

But will we see our customary theme change this week?

Now the Lgenday Truth site is up as it no longer directs to HHN... But it's 403 right now.

Will Legendary truth go live the 24th? My guess would be yes.

When we got our first real update in 2011 it revealed a lot and it was even later than this update. I think 2007 handled updates the best. We got them early and frequently after that. I wish we'd have another website like that, but I'll take what I can get.

Honestly, Jeramy, if the 24th does matter, I see it being LT specific. Legendary Truth has always been "outside" the marketing of the event. With the games going year-round now I don't see that changing. Obviously, there will be influences on each other, but I don't suspect HHN-marketing will just announce everything in June when LT is the only thing that needs to be updated.

Besides... With the IPs taking over, how much do you really want it announced.

I've been uploading a butt load of HHN related videos to my YouTube channel tonight. How many is a butt load? ATM... 18.

But for those of you who did not experience the games from 2010 regarding Havoc...

Of course you can still play the games over on Nick's site but the above is the video and both endings without having to play :)

This years house takes place elsewhere... But may spark some ideas.

There's no guarantee the plane is getting used though. And if it IS used, it's unlikely it would be what was carrying the DoWs. It is a tiny plane...

Sorry, that should have been "if the plane is being used," as you're right, there's no guarantee yet it will be. :) And I wasn't thinking the plane would be carrying them. Rather, the plane crashes into whatever was containing them, loosing them onto the world. Or, they shoot the plane down, hence the battlefield idea.

Sorry, that should have been "if the plane is being used," as you're right, there's no guarantee yet it will be. :) And I wasn't thinking the plane would be carrying them. Rather, the plan crashes into whatever was containing them, loosing them onto the world. Or, they shoot the plane down, hence the battlefield idea.

Does this mean you are suggesting a Havoc goes Nightingale's storyline where we are caught in the middle of soldiers fighting off the DoWs?

Does this mean you are suggesting a Havoc goes Nightingale's storyline where we are caught in the middle of soldiers fighting off the DoWs?

Possibly. Just trying to think of new ways to present the Dogs of War. We've already seen them in the lab, so trying to imagine new concepts for them. Seeing fully armed soldiers in a battlefield scenario seems like a good way to go, either as a full war situation or as a training exercise gone haywire.

Sorry, that should have been "if the plane is being used," as you're right, there's no guarantee yet it will be. :) And I wasn't thinking the plane would be carrying them. Rather, the plan crashes into whatever was containing them, loosing them onto the world. Or, they shoot the plane down, hence the battlefield idea.

War is war. And considering the DoWs are modern, it would require a "modern" war... Yeah. I'm not going to start that argument again...

And despite the fact they're Super Soldiers, I don't think they could survive a plane crash. Those are ridiculous extreme...

I'm still hoping for the non perfect, not fully human, mistake and accident DOWs. If you're playing with genetics, there has to be inbetween forms. You don't reach perfect super soldier with your first experiment.

As for storyline continuity, we only saw 1 bunker/lab. And I really don't remember it being that much of a lab. It seemed more bunker/training facility. Barracks for the DOWs perhaps? An organization devoted to creating the perfect soldier would most likely have enough business sense to not place all their eggs in one basket.

• Like 1

What I think vs. what I hope.
What I think: we are going to see a lab under siege as the military tries to step in and clean up the DoW mess from the outbreak.

What I hope: the DoWs break out and bring their chaos to a town only to have the government step in to exterminate them.

From a story standpoint I simply cannot see us not having a military presence that is not our beloved super soldiers. Given that, I think we are going to be walking through a battle between man and mutant.

War is war. And considering the DoWs are modern, it would require a "modern" war... Yeah. I'm not going to start that argument again...

And despite the fact they're Super Soldiers, I don't think they could survive a plane crash. Those are ridiculous extreme...

Not sure what the "modern" war thing is about. I assume it would be? And I never mentioned them needing to survive a plane crash. The plane (a small one), if tied to their release, could crash into the building holding them (but not right on top of them, or at least not all of them), letting them spill out into the world. Or if they're in cells, it could crash into a control room, causing their cells to unlock. Or maybe they're being controlled with computer implants now, and the crash shorts those out, making them go crazy again (similar to the Z.A.P. zombies). There are a lot of ways to go that doesn't directly tie into them being in, on, or anywhere near the crash site itself.

If it's the "middle of the battle scenario," then it could just be something brought down in the combat, and not directly related to them. However, if the LT spec that's been brought up is right, then the idea that the wreckage could be the future of the plane that Goth keeps mentioning would tie the house into the LT investigation.

Again, this is all assuming that the plane will even be used, of which we currently have no confirmation.

If Havoc is in the Disater Queue, and if the plane is being used, I'm guessing plane crash in a training camp or holding area. Or, full on battlefield. Sort of like "Havoc: Who Let the Dogs Out?" :)

Im thinking you're on the right track... although reversed. I don't think the plane will play into it but it could I guess... why not?

• Like 1

Maybe that would be the ending of the house. The plane crashed into wherever the DOWs are and wherever the house is taking place (if it's a containment area/building), and let the DOW's out into SF. That could be the SZ tie-in. That's assuming the plane crash is used, but it doesn't necessarily have to be for that to happen.

Edited by foREVer56

Haunt news is spreading.. HOS, Knotts, Rob Zombie.. Ok Universal, your turn!

Meh

I don't care about zombie, cooper, P&T, or any other celebrity they want to bring in. To me they are superfulous. Beside Zombie was at HHN first.

• Like 1

In before it becomes actual spec.

The appears to be a twitter account claiming to be an official HHN Orlando account. It's called Horror Nights @OrlandoHHN.

I have been having conversations with it, and it just claimed the following:

@OrlandoHHN: @mystiquephreeq This year, there are 9 Haunted house because of the Big Theme This year.

So....be forewarned. We may end up with 9th house spec.