Halloween Horror Nights 23 Speculation

JDW

Pure speculation of course but listen between 4:15 and 4:22 :D

You follow thetimtracker too!?!?

Well now I got that out of my system, I couldn't of noticed the "corrosive 8" sign on that strange plant prop. Why would that be their? I thought the strange plant ornament would be for some Mardi Gras thing, but why the "corrosive 8" sign? Maybe it's a easter egg or maybe it's me being extremely speculative!

You want to talk about pushing the envelope, that'd probably do it. :)

Wouldn't have to necessarily mean THE Holocaust, but A holocaust. That's not it, but still lol

I don't see us getting La Llorona. Mama has a much better chance as it's a successful Universal horror movie and would be stupid easy to translate into a house.

Well now I got that out of my system, I couldn't of noticed the "corrosive 8" sign on that strange plant prop. Why would that be their? I thought the strange plant ornament would be for some Mardi Gras thing, but why the "corrosive 8" sign? Maybe it's a easter egg or maybe it's me being extremely speculative!

Its Grad Bash related :P

This is a stretch, and I'm kinda forcing it to fit my La Llorona spec.

lccothuaa + the i from the misspelled oscilloscope.

Cihuacoatl - Aztec motherhood and fertility goddess. She abandoned her son at the crossroads and returns there to weep for him.

She may very well be the inspiration for part of the La Llorona myth.

In some legends, she was seen in a white cloth saying "Oh my son!" Or "Oh my children"

Cihuacoatl - Aztec motherhood and fertility goddess. She abandoned her son at the crossroads and returns there to weep for him.

In some legends, she was seen in a white cloth saying "Oh my son!" Or "Oh my children"

Sigh... Considering how haphazard these clues always seem to be, this doesn't seem like that far of a stretch. With how you already tied the individual words to La Llorona, this seems the most likely.

Way more likely than holocaust or a sperm whale.

Granted, Moby Dick could be a fascinating house... And we've already had a WW2 house...

Sigh... Considering how haphazard these clues always seem to be, this doesn't seem like that far of a stretch. With how you already tied the individual words to La Llorona, this seems the most likely.

Way more likely than holocaust or a sperm whale.

Granted, Moby Dick could be a fascinating house... And we've already had a WW2 house...

Thank you for reminding me.

Muzjiks - Russian PEASANT. La Llorona was born to a peasant family.

Qanat - an underground channel or tunnel for WATER

Yeah he is a friend of mine. And what DesigningtheFear said is true it's there for Grad Bash. Or is it. :D Just kidding. :P Or am I ;)

It's a shame that the family-friendly mantra is a reason the event is being held back. BUT, at least it's not all bad. A family made a response video to the second video listed, and it's quite hilarious and awesome. The father even states, "I guess that soccer mom was wrong." Classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpxJtB-Yv4c

The father in that video is the great Mendonca who was a member of the Vault. That year in 2008 he was Sol in the Doomsday house. He moved out west after that and has become an ordained minister, so it's the Rev. Mendonca now. And last time I checked he still has a mohawk.

• Like 3

I actually don't see that being much of a stretch. Good connections, Mysti.

I honestly don't mind a La Llorona house; I mean the story is creepy. It's just the fact that I feel this is being forced upon us again. But if A&D really wants to do a La Llorona house, then that's a different story. It's like the IPs of last year, IPs aren't bad, but there has to be passion in their execution. A&D should want to do them. That would ease my apprehension.

So, I just hope that whatever IPs we get, they are not forced upon Orlando. I'm not a person with connections or mysterious sources, so I have no idea what's going on now...but I hope it's what I said...but it might not.

Just give us some damn good scary houses and a damn good scary year.

Edited by TsunamiFox

I actually don't see that being much of a stretch. Good connections, Mysti.

I honestly don't mind a La Llorona house; I mean the story is creepy. It's just the fact that I feel this is being forced upon us again. But if A&D really wants to do a La Llorona house, then that's a different story. It's like the IPs of last year, IPs aren't bad, but there has to be passion in their execution. A&D should want to do them. That would ease my apprehension.

So, I just hope that whatever IPs we get, they are not forced upon Orlando. I'm not a person with connections or mysterious sources, so I have no idea what's going on now...but I hope it's what I said...but it might not.

Just give us some damn good scary houses and a damn good scary year.

A&D appears to like myths and legends and if they twist the story to include Aztec imagery it could be awesome.

I'm actually more worried about the limitations that may be created by higher ups.

Actually, the rumored El Chupacabra house last year could have been this, if A&D were going their own Aztec route with it.

One thing I didn't mention is the description of her.

Her name means snake woman.

She's depicted as:

"Although she was sometimes depicted as a young woman, similar to Xochiquetzal, she is more often shown as a fierce skull-faced old woman carrying the spears and shield of a warrior. "

From: http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Cihuacoatl.html

And:

"Cihuacoatl was the goddess of childbirth. Her head covered with long hair, she was dressed in a white robe, shirt and coat.

Half woman and half snake, she represented the female part of the universal duality: Quetzalcoatl / Cihuacoatl."

http://blog.zoesaadia.com/historia-en-el-calmecac/cihuacoatl-the-goddess-of-the-earth/

Here are a few things I wanted to address... actual spec post coming in a bit..

Now for the BIG question. If I'm right, and the clues point to La Llorona, which one do we get?

Bloody Mary La Llorona or last year's version.

And could La Llorona be Mama instead? Or confused for Mama?

We've seen the GP confuse properties in the past.

It's rumored that we're getting La Llorona... but I could see Mama happening, ONLY if Hollywood was going to get it as well. However, in 2007 we DID get (due to the dvd/bluray release) Dead Silence & in 2008 Doomsday when Hollywood did not, so it is very possible. Personally, I'd lean more towards La Llorona happening..

^HHN has had "gogo dancers" at HHN before..

- Some of the early events had scantily clad females on elevated platforms down hollywood blvd (this might've even been for the very first year "Fright Nights" in 1991)..

- 2003's "Port of Evil" had pirate wench like dancers infront of the lagoon area on a flaming skull stage/platform.

- 2005 had scantily clad leather wearing biker chicks on scaffolding in Blood Thunder Alley (scarezone in Marvel).

- 2006 had zombie hookers on a platform in the middle of Deadtropolis: Zombie Siege scarezone.

- 2007 had Vampire dancing girls outside of the Vampyr: Blood Bath house. a sexy skin-tight tiger girl in a cage near the Freak Show.

I'm sure I have forgotten some other times as well, but we've had it. Another reason why we most likely don't anymore more is due to the crowds/drunks. Hollywood is a dry event. Alcohol is one of the main sources of income for HHN here, so going dry would be suicide for the event (plus it'd kill quite a few of us who enjoy 2-3 drinks)..

^the complaints about billboards dates back to the early years of HHN... as Heather mentioned previously, "Eyegore" the green winged gargoyle demon that is nomming on an eyelid for the "Never Sleep Again" tagline. I remember 2002's Caretaker billboard was also just soooooooo controversial :rolleyes: lol The Caretaker's eyes glowed green & the parents/churches complained about it being "demonic" & "scary" lol.. in 2007, parents complained about Freddy, Jason & Leatherface being on the tray liners/cups at BK. Its really quit pathetic..

I really didn't want to believe that the answer to this was Disney or Orlando's friendly attitude. But, I remembered some old YouTube videos I had watched that had to do with billboard controversy, and now after re-watching them, Mysti (and others who mentioned it) are in fact correct. Living in Orlando (about 20 minutes from the parks) and also being a student, you really sometimes forget that you're in the tourist capital.

Anyways, here are the videos. This first one is absolutely pathetic, and the YouTube channel name is "ChangeBillboard"...give me a break.

I couldn't find the original one of this video, but it was re-uploaded by horrornightsarchives. I think a lot of people remember this story. God forbid if another controversy like this happens. It's a shame Universal has to worry about problems like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7oVJlNSdGA

It's a shame that the family-friendly mantra is a reason the event is being held back. BUT, at least it's not all bad. A family made a response video to the second video listed, and it's quite hilarious and awesome. The father even states, "I guess that soccer mom was wrong." Classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpxJtB-Yv4c

*Sorry for the lack of proper speculation in this post, but I just had the urge to post it.

Thank you for posting all of this. Puts perspective on it. Same bunch of crap that goes on when people like JCPenney use Ellen as a spokesperson, and "one million moms" thinks they will boycott. <rolling eyes> Yeah, that worked.

I abhor these people who think the rest of the world has to coddle them and their spawn. Gimme a break.

• Like 1

In reference to Dr. J's "surname" clue...

A surname is a family name, or a last name. And it's not used in all cultures, and it hasn't always been used.

There was something in England, created by the Normans, called a Domesday Book, made around the 1080's. It was basically a survey, and used surnames officially. It was called the "Book of Judgment" because it was the last word on what people owned and how much they had, according to their surname. No one could appeal it.

Domesday....Doomsday...going back to the Balloons theory involving 99 Luft Balloons and the nuclear holocaust/apocalypse theme....it could be far-reaching, but it's worth mentioning.

Also, maybe "surname" has to do with a specific family or group in horror. The Munsters, The Addams, The Bates, The Vorhees...

• Like 1

Okay... done catching up on the past 11 pages... good god people lol

Alright so i've been waiting until this thread was actually created before posting anything spec related... and by spec, i mean any rumors & whatnot that I have heard from sources.. Now the house stuff could end up true, partially true or completely wrong all together due to last minute changes (i'm leaning towards the last two :P )... anyway, here's my spec to keep you kids talking...

So Chad of HHNRumors posted this article roughly 2 weeks ago (thursday, april 4th to be exact) on the HHNRumors main page. Sure enough, his article included some HHN house info that coincides with what I had heard from a few sources. Two of these match up with Dr Jimmy's cryptic comment clues... You can read the article HERE:

http://hhnrumors.com/2013-hhn-rumors-full-swing/

1 Park - Studios (like normal)

8 Houses - THANK. GOD.

Here are the 4 IP's that Chad listed, which as I mentioned, matches with what I had heard.

- The Walking Dead

Unfortunately, it will be back. It brought in the crowds and had an ungodly line from hell every night. So it'd make sense for UNI to want to do it again, but this time based on Season 3 (PRISON) since last year's house was based on Season 1 & 2. However, there IS one BIG reason why they would NOT want to bring back TWD again... that reason: Restrictions. All of the restrictions AMC placed on that house last year was awful.

Dr Jimmy Clue Spec/Guess: "Surname"

- American Werewolf in London

As most of you remember, we were supposed to get this house last year. BUT it was replaced last minute with, i believe Silent Hill.. So while most houses get shelved for future years (or just to rot away never to see the light of day), it makes sense that UNI would want to do it this year. Besides, we haven't had a werewolf house since 2009's "Wolfman" (unless you want to count Wolfman's cameo in House of Horrors last year).

Dr Jimmy Clue Spec/Guess: "Balloons"

- American Horror Story

While I have never watched this tv series, I can't really say much about it. I plan to catch up on it before HHN though. The interesting thing about this house rumor is that my friend out in LA went to Monsterpalooza this past sunday & said he overheard someone mention "AHS" in regards to HHN. While it could've just been a random fanboy's "wishful thinking outloud", it was still significant.

- Resident Evil

As we all know, HHN Japan did an amazing job with Resident Evil last year. Now Japan already had a partnership with Capcom for everyday use anyway & Capcom is a Japanese videogame company. So obviously that partnership wasn't too hard to make happen... Now while a good portion of us found "Silent Hill" to be a sucktacular underwhelming crapfest as far as houses go, it was definitely "a hit". So it'd make sense that they'd want to acquire RE for our event(s) this year.... HOWEVER, I know that some of you will be like "Ugh TWO zombie houses the same year!?" Keep in mind that RE has A LOT more than just zombies. And you can also look at HOS' 2011 event, they had Zombie Mortuary & a Zombie Prison house.

Of course, as much as I would love to see RE this year, it'd honestly make more sense to wait until next year to do it when RE:6 is released in theaters September 14th, 2014.

Dr Jimmy Clue Spec/Guess: "Kevin" :P (ask me)

- Cabin in the Woods

I've seen this mentioned previously a few pages back. I still have yet to see the movie. BUT, its rumored to be on our line-up for this year. Its a Lionsgate released film and we know that UNI has had a few Lionsgate houses at the event already. Now if you really want to make a stretch, you could point out the fact that CITW is a Joss Whedon written/produced movie... and HHN Hollywood worked with Joss Whedon in 2000 for their "Buffy/Angel: Hellmouth Haunt" maze. So its possible... However, despite the whole Lionsgate thing, I could see this rumored being replaced with the new "EVIL DEAD" film due to its popularity.

Dr Jimmy Clue Spec/Guess: "Kevin"

- La Llorona

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've heard this house rumored. I personally don't want to have this house. If we had to have a past HHN Hollywood house, I'd prefer a Pre-Hiatus house instead. (if you want to know specificly what houses, ask me).. Anyway, i agree that La Llorona might be too "OMGZ" for our event, its not really any worse than us having a BURNING children's orfanage in 2010... Another reason WHY we will most likely get this house is the fact that they know how successful our Urban Legend content does, 2008's event would be a good example seeing as it had Bloody Mary and more woven into houses/SZs that year.

- HAVOC 2.0/other

I saw someone mention Havoc previously a few pages back (either Heather or Christy)... Its rumored, BUT honestly, unless they make a signifcant monster aspect to the house, it'd just be the same thing we experienced in 2010. That'd be rather underwhelming. Of course there is also the fact that the cast(s) is what made the house. To me personally, it was kind of a "meh" house, but thats due to the fact that i was a military brat, so the military aspect did nothing for me "scare wise". Honestly, I'd like to know how exactly they'd get another cast that was on-par with the energy we saw in 2010.

Another theory is that we'll get a Nightingales sequel... personally, I don't see this happening this year though.

There is also the off chance that this could be a bogus rumor and we'll end up with something "NEW & ORIGINAL" instead..

One other rumor though, about Havoc returning is that they'll be getting a scarezone as well. I personally think they should do a SZ ONLY if they want to bring back the DOW's... I only say this because i'd rather have a SZ, leaving that house space for something "NEW"/"original" rather than a sequel. I know there are probably quite a few former Havoc scareactors that'd like to take it to the street.

PsychoScareapy was another house that shouldve been taken to the street... but thats another story entirely.

- Original house

This needs no explanation... just know we're supposed to have at least ONE! lol

As most of you remember, Horror Unearthed last year used scanners (despite the fact that some scanners didnt want to work)... well I bring this up because while it was part of the "game" for Legion points, Marketing/higher-ups could've easily used those house scanning results to see which houses were visited more. Just like they possibly do with waittimes (not sure if they do keep track or not)... if this is the case, then it makes sense that TWD would be brought back due to its ungodly line from hell & all the scans its scanner got.... this is just speculation of course.

Anyway.. since i'm heading out, I'll have to post my speculative thoughts regarding streets later on tonight or another day.... But as far as what is posted above, as i said.. it could end up true or completely wrong. It IS only April after all... I'd really wait until we had House Permits before we look too closely at anything house related. :)

• Like 2

Also, maybe "surname" has to do with a specific family or group in horror. The Munsters, The Addams, The Bates, The Vorhees...

^completely forgot about that... while we've had over 5 Psycho houses in the past, this year would be perfect for another... due to Bates Motel on A&E... it is produced by Universal Television, so therefore it technically is a Universal owned show in a way. We already know that Universal owns Psycho. Soooo with that being said...

CAN WE HAS!?

I'd gladly replace ghe AHS rumored house with Bates Motel/Psycho instead! :D