Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Wishful Thinking

On "Cabin in the Woods":

This would be ingenious but would have to be done very carefully. It's a Lionsgate property afterall, and has MORE THAN ENOUGH material to be worked into a maze. Really can't say much without ruining it. As for it being a Terror Tram experience, I can see that happening but I think it'd work best in a maze since afterall, all the moments in the 3rd act of the film are in close quarters. But that's IF we're trying to recreate the film in the best way possible. [spoilers] However, I do think it's possible for the Terror Tram story be the monsters from the underground lab have come to the surface on the backlot, and as you go on, the monsters get more and more insane. [/spoilers] At some point, there should be some breaking of the fourth wall though, as the movie is very satirical in it's outlook on horror movies, so the maze should be satirical and play with the expectations in the way haunted attractions work. It wouldn't be dead in the water if they didn't do it, but it's just a thought.

On "The Descent":

WHAT IS THE FREAKIN' HOLD UP ON THIS?! One of the scariest movies in freakin' YEARS and it's not even getting recognition?! Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see it happen.

On "The Hills Have Eyes":

I was on board with this for some years but after watching the movie this last month, I don't think we need to see this be done anymore. As gory as it is, I think there's way better properties out there to be used.

On "Jeepers Creepers":

I don't remember where I heard it but I think someone told me Murdy would never do this because of the director (if you don't know about him, google it). Controversy aside, I think the Creeper is a badass villain and there's some really cool moments in the films that could be recreated. However, it's not a "must have" property either.

On "Hellraiser":

When is that remake coming out anyway? Might have to wait for 2014 on this one. Personally, I wouldn't care to see it.

On Soundstage Houses:

Guys, this is a pipe dream. The studio always wins over the theme park. And even if soundstages were open, imagine if someone wanted to buy it up at the last minute or half way into the event. The studio would immediately cringe and kick themselves in the asses. Surely, they've thought of that already. BUT... with so many damn soundstages, why do the ones near the lower lot have to be taken? I know each one has different costs, but seriously, this is freakin' bogus and it's been a dumb excuse for a long time that doesn't make much sense. I know damn well not every single one of those stages are in use. I think it boils down to the theme park being too scared to tell any production "no, we have a theme park attraction in there for now." Obviously, that's a bad move, but why can't they say, "sorry, it's in use for the theme park but there's another one just across the way with that's the same size and costs the same to use." This all is being handled very fishily, if you ask me...

On "Hatchet":

HA! Let's be serious now ;)

On "The Ring":

Another no-brainer that gets brushed off every time it's brought up. I'd love to see this but I know we never will, and that's a damn shame.

On Classic Universal Monsters:

Frankenstein or Creature from the Black Lagoon I'd love to see!!!

On "Scream":

This needs to be redeemed!!!!!

On Expanding HHN:

Mazes and shows need to expand, yes, but the main thing we're forgetting is there needs to be MORE nights. There's so many Thursdays and Sundays early on not being used. Utilizing those nights would alleviate the crowds BIG TIME. I'd say extra hours but I already know that won't happen... also, there needs to be some "early entry" thing, for APs or people who arrive at 4, WHATEVER! Early entry will really help people get through everything in one night, as that's a HUGE issue among people I know. I think everyone I've talked to who arrived just an hour late, they only got through 3 mazes. And really, an hour should not penalize you to miss half the event. Arriving 3 hours late, sure, but just a measly hour? It's got to the point where I tell people, "if you can't be there before 7, don't even bother."

Edited by DTH316

Alessa herself isn't in the games.

I hate being a game snob/nerd about things (so sorry about this ahead of time I mean no ill will lol) but she was one of the main characters in the original and in Origins in fact she the first character to ever be shown in the first Silent Hill.

http://silenthill.wi...lessa_Gillespie

the whole multiple entity thing was more from the movie but Alessa has been a major part of Silent Hill and I shouldnt phrased it better it is based off the games not the movie but has element from the first movie

• Like 1

^ Your right about Alessa. That was my fault and it has been years sense I've played the first three. I will say though, and this very well might be coupled with the fact that we went and watched the new Silent Hill film at City Walk before going to HHN, but the entire design style of the maze seemed more in line with the film universe. But then, starting with Silent Hill Homecoming, the games adopted design aspects of the original movie if I remember reading it right. Either way, I very much enjoyed the Silent Hill maze, and my point about RE still stands. Unlike the Silent Hill movies, The Resident Evil movies hardly resemble the games and lost what made the original games so frightening.

On "The Hills Have Eyes":

I was on board with this for some years but after watching the movie this last month, I don't think we need to see this be done anymore. As gory as it is, I think there's way better properties out there to be used.

I dont know, i kind of have a feeling this is going to come this year...only because one of the actors(i forgot) was at the eyegore awards

Btw, heres the lords of salem trailer, for those of you that havent seen it.

^ Your right about Alessa. That was my fault and it has been years sense I've played the first three. I will say though, and this very well might be coupled with the fact that we went and watched the new Silent Hill film at City Walk before going to HHN, but the entire design style of the maze seemed more in line with the film universe. But then, starting with Silent Hill Homecoming, the games adopted design aspects of the original movie if I remember reading it right. Either way, I very much enjoyed the Silent Hill maze, and my point about RE still stands. Unlike the Silent Hill movies, The Resident Evil movies hardly resemble the games and lost what made the original games so frightening.

sorry Im just A HUGE nerd for Silent Hill but The SH movie are more related to their game more than RE for sure RE: Apocolypse was the only movie that resembled any of the games and the rest is just a load of crap but more likely they will wait for the new RE movie to be released before they attempt a RE maze but I realy do hope they base it off the games

Btw, heres the lords of salem trailer, for those of you that havent seen it.

I realy hope this becomes a maze next year!

^ to get that many mazes, they are going to have to finally get use of the soundstages. And I dunno if we will see 3 shows total, but I could see them realistically adding one more.

Yeah they NEED to start using the sound stages. It's possible, if excuses are made saying they can't it'll be due to greed most likely.

I'm seeing the Walking Dead return and Alice Cooper again....wondering if it'll be Alice Cooper: the last temptation...I don't know...

I'm sure TWD will be back for sure..

I'm also thinking of EVIL DEAD, and maybe another colaboration with Eli Roth/Rob Zombie again

...would LOVE to see Chucky have his OWN maze, from ALL films...would be great to do a legit version of the Toy Factory from the 2nd film and

maybe even some of the carnival scene from the 3rd film....

Oh, the wishful thinking.

Edited by FattYeli17

I really hope Alice Cooper does not come back I'm tired of seeing him around I think 2 mazes is enough, if he stuck around for a third year in a row I would honestly feel robbed of a maze! despite Murdy saying its supposed to be the best of the trilogy

I mean i wouldn't mind seeing him in later years because its as close to an origanal house as murdys gonna get, but I think we should let him go for a good 2-3 years for now

Unless things change, I would not count on a Lords of Salem maze next year for the same reasons it wasn't likely this year. Sinister Pointe was promoting Mama when I was there for Haunters night, so IF there is a Mama haunt, I think its likely that Jeff will do it. (And as history goes, if Jeff does a movie Haunt, HHN will do it worse two years later.)

• Like 2

Why was SP promoting Mama? And why would SP do it before Universal when it's their own movie and Guillermo was being toured around with Murdy?

And why was Rob Zombie unlikely this year, as well as next year?

Dang Trev, making me feel like I missed out on something here lmao

I can't say why Zombie is unlikely, just that it is.

As far as SP, no idea why they were promoting Mama, but they were. I'm just speculating from there that its possible they'd do a Mama maze if anyone does. No idea if that'll happen or not or if Mama is even good maze material.

Would not mind a return of Texas Chainsaw Massacre, especially in light of the new movie. Could definately change scenes what has already been accomplished with the original and remake versions. Also would like to see one original creation, maybe with classic Halloween (holiday) theming. Lastly, I gave up on Trick r Treat, but my interest began to somewhat stir again with recent discussions on this board. If they were to continue with a WD sequel maze, or something like American Horror Story, I would like to see more charactors from the shows (not just monsters, zombies, crazies). I liked how Dr. Loomis was included in the past Halloween maze and gave you a better sense of an interactive maze. TCM was a great example of this as well.

Why was SP promoting Mama? And why would SP do it before Universal when it's their own movie and Guillermo was being toured around with Murdy?

And why was Rob Zombie unlikely this year, as well as next year?

Dang Trev, making me feel like I missed out on something here lmao

Speaking of "Mama", it was promoted on the VIP backlot tour. Our tour guide spoke a lot about the film and they played the trailer on our tram... And I do remember seeing banners through out the park for the movie.

^ Well Carrie was featured, rather poorly from what I hear, in the Virus Z maze I think at Knott's this year... As much as I wish it wasn't so, if only because I would love to see Evil Dead at HHN, I don't think we will be seeing any Sony properties next year...

Edited by Stitch_101

^ Well Carrie was featured, rather poorly from what I hear, in the Virus Z maze I think at Knott's this year... As much as I wish it wasn't so, if only because I would love to see Evil Dead at HHN, I don't think we will be seeing any Sony properties next year...

Yea, I saw it in a video...kind of a weird way of including it into the event.

Anyways, what original ideas/concepts are you guys hoping for next year?

So I've been randomly searching around online and bumped into something that looks interesting... Back earlier this year Universal acquired the rights to the Hasbro game Ouija... They also brought on Blumhouse Productions, the producers of the PA films and Insidious, to co-produce the film. With release window set for 2013, do you guys think this is something we could see headed to HHN next year? I know there has been hints at John getting a little buddy buddy with the producers over there right? If that is the case, I could possibly see this as the property to come out of that partnership.

Edited by Stitch_101

So I've been randomly searching around online and bumped into something that looks interesting... Back earlier this year Universal acquired the rights to the Hasbro game Ouija... They also brought on Blumhouse Productions, the producers of the PA films and Insidious, to co-produce the film. With release window set for 2013, do you guys think this is something we could see headed to HHN next year? I know there has been hints at John getting a little buddy buddy with the producers over there right? If that is the case, I could possibly see this as the property to come out of that partnership.

Possibly...i doubt it will do good in theaters though.

Possibly...i doubt it will do good in theaters though.

Yeah, from what I've read, they are planning it as a low budget found footage film in vain of the PA movies... And it seems that the found footage films are on the decline in terms of audience popularity... If the film gets an October release date though, using it as a maze could work for promoting the film... Similar the The Thing prequel that, from what I remember, didn't do to hot at the box office either.

Edited by Stitch_101