Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Wishful Thinking

I know its early but with only tomorrow left in the line up and I know since I'm feeling it that most of us if not all of us who wont be going tomorrow are already feeling withdrawls and since Murdy is underway with 2013 already....hell whats a day early?

Discuss 2013 Wishes

Should Murdy and Sony sqaush the beef and bring The Evil Dead maze to its rightful place?

Is The Walking Dead truely the only repeat maze that we ever asked for? most of us are already on board for AMC's "The Walking Dead: fear The Living"

Should this finaly be the Trick 'r' Treat year?

lets head for the future shall we? let's go!

When we went on the BTS tour on Saturday, He brought up several interesting points... I post this at my own risk of being blacklisted from all future Code Name Contests...

* On the subject of Trick 'r Treat, He said that he's friends with Michael Dougherty and that they REALLY REALLY want to do a Trick 'r Treat maze for HHN.. The only obstacles standing in their way is awareness of the property and WB's rights issues..

* He did mention that Alice has a third maze in mind to complete the trilogy but when we asked him if it was going to happen, he would only respond with "time will tell if it happens"

* SoundStages were supposed to be used for this year but got lost to the crappy Munsters reboot..

Again, I post this at my own risk of being blacklisted from ALL FUTURE CODE NAME CONTESTS.....

While I can't speak from personal experience having yet to go to a HHN Hollywood event (that will be fixed tomorrow!!!) Just from what Ive read, it seems weve had 2 years of Alice, one great, one ok... And I think it should be left at that. Unless they drastically change the atmosphere of the maze, doing another Alice Cooper maze, when the public isn't use to constant repeat themes, might turn some people off.

personaly I enjoyed WTMN wasnt too crazy about it, but I loved ACGTH despite thinking I was gonna hate it that being said I think if next a new Alice Maze pops up I would kinda let down.

TrT seems more of a WB problem then it is with it being known since it seems like they have taken bigger gambles.

As for walking dead I already see a few scene that would be awsome from season 3

OMG I've been waiting for this thread, so okay, here is my MEGA POST.

On "the Alice Cooper Trilogy":

Those who saw my meltdown in '11 know I was never a fan of this AC thing from the freakin' start. I wanted WTMN to prove me wrong but it was okay at best. As for ACGTH, I had high hopes that they'd go darker, scarier and just be about every way better than WTMN. It failed. ACGTH is a really pretty penny at the end of the day but it served hardly any value. There weren't many scares, and even though they sets were pretty damn cool, they felt similar in tone to WTMN. So what's my verdict? I'd like to see Murdy finish out the trilogy only IF this maze is the biggest and baddest as they come. It needs to be SCARY and I mean TCM: BIB scary. Not fun, not colorful, maybe not even in 3D -- something TERRIFYING. However, I already have a feeling we won't get that caliber from a soundtrack based maze. So in the end, if it comes, it has a lot to accomplish and since more than likely it's going to fail those impossible standards, it might as well just stop now. So yeah, BRING IT, but if you ain't gonna bring it, STOP. I'm 50/50 on it.

On "Trick 'r Treat":

We've been wanting this for SO long. Maybe even TOO long. If we finally do get it, at this point, it'll probably just be a disappointment because it's been on the high anticipation list for about 4 years now. And it's true, the awareness just isn't where it needs to be at and that sequel never came -- not much we can do about that. But I agree with everyone on "the Halloween needs to be put back into Halloween Horror Nights." A Halloween-night based maze would be lovely, or even a scarezone, but we're grasping at something that's just not reachable.

On Scarezones:

For the love of God, scarezones need to be fixed BADLY. Move the Klownz, give French and London streets some new life, tweak the lower lot, add a new scarezone SOMEWHERE, and make the entrance a scarezone again.

On Shows:

For the love of God, we need shows SO BADLY. The crowds are getting horrendous and people have nowhere to go but the lines. This year, we've seen the worst lines EVER. A queue should not reach 2 hours and 30 minutes, even on a peak night (I'm looking at you Walking Dead). Waterworld, T2 (maybe not next year anymore), Shrek, Animal Actors, Chucky's old courtyard -- all viable spots, and the ones somewhat in use are perfect candidates for the "relocation waiting area program." It could work, I'm pretty sure of it. I don't even understand WHY we have no shows. If we're getting bigger every year, then why the hell isn't there room in the budget for at least one extra show? But one extra show ain't gonna do the trick, so let's work on these capacity issues... which leads me to...

Capacity Issues:

There's an entire thread about it on here. Peep it out and let's get to it. As I said, waiting longer than an hour for a maze just doesn't even make sense.

On "The Walking Dead":

I'm down for a repeat of this maze if it's mostly based on season 3. At the very LEAST, 75%. Anything else, I'd think I'd complain. With so many viable environments and scenes to recreate from the first 3 episodes alone, to just skimp out and repeat a maze that's the same ol' maze with 2 new scenes would be a total shit nugget. If not season 3, then oh well, let's move on to something else. I'd be totally fine if this was the only year of Walkers.

On "Terror Tram":

I don't care much for a relocation. However, I do care for making Terror Tram one big commercial. Scream 4 and Walking Dead were disserviced in terms of story. Scream 4 for having such a crappy one and Walking Dead for being a re-hash of the maze in an open area. Terror Tram is the one unique thing HHN Hollywood has and it needs to be freakin' highlighted in every form possible. As much as I liked this year's Terror Tram, I still think it has a bit of ways to getting back to how it used to be. If it's a new location, than fine, but giving it a shoddy story will just make it backtrack anyway.

On "Sony and the Evil Dead":

Sony needs to get their head out of their asses and realize if they want something done right, they need to give Universal 100% permission to recreate their film and that means giving them 100% of the material. What they did behind Murdy's back was shameful and bad business etiquette. Even worse, they went to freakin' Knotts and didn't even get the attraction done RIGHT. But let's be real: we don't want their remake cheese. We want the original cheese. And if I have to hold out an extra 5 years to get the original, than so be it.

On "Alien":

This would be HHN's pride, crown and joy if it were to be done. They should put all their resources into making this happen.

On "Resident Evil":

We saw Silent Hill, now let's see Resident Evil. Not the movies, the games. The fanbase is with the games anyway. Taking a look at what we saw overseas, not only is it obvious it can be done, but it can be done AMAZINGLY well.

On the House of Horrors:

Close it down in the summer and give it an overhaul. They had all the time in the world to do that this year and they freakin' blew it by adding lights. LIGHTS. I don't care how many people liked UMR, this isn't the best the HOH could've been and it's not even the best that it HAS been. It was most like the regular HOH than any of the previous overlays.

On original mazes:

I like the ratio we have now. Half original, half IP based. If they went more toward IP based again, I wouldn't complain too much. The AC mazes on a whole have been duds anyway. La Llorona was amazing, but the things that got me excited more than anything the last 2 years were the prospects of The Thing and Walking Dead mazes. It's just how it works. I know not everybody agrees with that, but I think the MAJORITY of guests (GP) can agree with that as well.

I have more, but I shall return!

Edited by DTH316

Wait a minute this year we were gonna get a soundstage for a maze???

thats crazy if they had the budget for that this year imagine what next year holds @.@!

Also im pretty sure we will get another Alice Cooper maze John has said many times it was like a trilogy

but dear god im hoping we dont get a paranormal activity maze those movies are so crappy and repititive its just the younger crowd who hypes it up

also i can deff see another Walking Dead maze John has hinted that "Prison Scene would be interesting"

but what im most interested in is an actual Original Maze i know John can do it but will we see it?

Hey guys I'm new but I'm looking to be an active member year round it took forever to get my account to actually activate but I think I'm good now

anyways for next year I don't think we have to worry about having a paranormal activity maze I tweeted Murdy that it would be horrible idea for a maze and he agreed, although I believe the makers paranormal activity made insidious (I may be wrong) so that seems like a strong possibility for next year

My actual wishes

Walking Dead Season 3 the fabled "Walking Dead Fear The Living" like I said before only 3 episodes in and I already see potential

The prison yard/fence maze, the prison blocks were the prisoners were put down, the pitch black hallway (which could use the flashlight effect from silent hill) the woodsburry gate, the chopper crash and the room with all the walker heads in fishtanks.

hell even some stuff from season two that wasnt used could be thrown in there.

I mean god forbid a repeat theam but The Governor would be a cool icon and and woodsburry would be a pretty good scarezone to replace Klowns.

on the subject I agree with DTH the scarezones seemed dead (no pun intended) this year. say what you want about HHN having too much chainsaws but with less chainsaws this year some areas seemed really empty and boring.

with Paranormal Activity we have brought ways it could work and honestly I wouldnt mind if they pull it off like Legendary Truth (which was loosly based on PA) and I realy thought we were over this whole "damn kids get off my lawn" mentality IDK it could work and striking on something that is big is always a smart move. I actualy wopuld rather have that then Insidouse well maybe its just cause I hate Insidouse with a firey passion (stupid Darth maul looking demon lol)

Hey guys I'm new but I'm looking to be an active member year round it took forever to get my account to actually activate but I think I'm good now

anyways for next year I don't think we have to worry about having a paranormal activity maze I tweeted Murdy that it would be horrible idea for a maze and he agreed, although I believe the makers paranormal activity made insidious (I may be wrong) so that seems like a strong possibility for next year

welcome to the forum hope you like it here!

Thanks grindhouse :). And well the darth maul looking guy did look dumb in the movie, but the old lady sorta creeped me out as well as the doll looking people in the house but I feel this property could make for a great maze :)

Honestly I don't see how a maze would work based on paranormal activity it just doesn't seem plausible to me 0.o

And I think walking dead would be the first maze that fans of the event would actually want repeated of course only if we get season 3 stuff :)

I think Paranormal Activity 4 ruined any chances of a PA maze. The first 3 movies have SOME elements that could be used and it all seemed like it was leading to something a bit bigger with actual physical things happening but NOPE. PA4 was more of "creepy sounds, things creepily moving, etc." But IF PA4 had more physical action (killer Katie, a demon that would actually reveal itself, a cult that does more than slowly walk toward you in hordes) then we could be onto something, but as of now, we have to wait until part 5 to see if anything could fit into a maze, because as of now, filling a maze with all the physical stuff from 1 - 4, we only have half a maze or less.

as for PA as with Legendary truth in orlando didnt relay on hardly any physical elements there were people disguised as freakin chairs and it seemed to scare the living crap out of people of course with a PA it would relay on camo scareactors, bungee scares and alot of mind f*ckery tricks (BTW did anyone else notice the absent of the feather ninja this year?) and as for physical Scare-actors theres Possesd Katie, Victums, The cult of witches, the possesd horde from 4 (I do agree 4 sucks though), and Demonic Katie hell im pretty sure they would even trust Murdy enough to flesh out a demon (like the La Llorona Puppet I only seen in videos -___-) its just when every hear PA maze or such all they think of is door opening oooooooooooo.

as for PA as with Legendary truth in orlando didnt relay on hardly any physical elements there were people disguised as freakin chairs and it seemed to scare the living crap out of people of course with a PA it would relay on camo scareactors, bungee scares and alot of mind f*ckery tricks (BTW did anyone else notice the absent of the feather ninja this year?) and as for physical Scare-actors theres Possesd Katie, Victums, The cult of witches, the possesd horde from 4 (I do agree 4 sucks though), and Demonic Katie hell im pretty sure they would even trust Murdy enough to flesh out a demon (like the La Llorona Puppet I only seen in videos -___-) its just when every hear PA maze or such all they think of is door opening oooooooooooo.

Did you go in Legendary Truth? Edited by Ridesandstuff

Any thoughts on a TCM maze next year being based on the new movie comIng out in januarary? In my opinion TCM wasn't the best looking maze but it certainly was the scariest!

It got the best scares out of me all night long went through 4 times this year!

^did they say that it was based on PA?

no they did not. it's not related to PA. LT was a ghost house, not....whatever you want to call the "entity" in PA. LT was a concept brought up through a game in 08 to dive into the back stories of Bloody Mary(that year's icon) and the characters within each house. they brought it back(somewhat) in 2010 and accompanied it with a house. The organization sent out the "Spirit Seekers" to find any ghosts in the Wyandot Estate, which is the mansion you walked through. No real tie to PA that i can see, nor was it ever mentioned.

Edited by foREVer56

Ok so finally up and awake after my long night at HHN last night. Had a blast and thought it was a GREAT HHN and one of the most enjoyable ones I've been too, and that's including the 5+ Orlando HHN's I've been too. I do, however, have some constructive criticism to give... My 2 biggest ones being about the Scarezones and the Terror Tram. I'll go more as soo as I can and plan on posting a review as soon as possible (still in LA until Saturday being a tourist, so my computer time is limited.)

^did they say that it was based on PA?

no they did not. it's not related to PA. LT was a ghost house, not....whatever you want to call the "entity" in PA. LT was a concept brought up through a game in 08 to dive into the back stories of Bloody Mary(that year's icon) and the characters within each house. they brought it back(somewhat) in 2010 and accompanied it with a house. The organization sent out the "Spirit Seekers" to find any ghosts in the Wyandot Estate, which is the mansion you walked through. No real tie to PA that i can see, nor was it ever mentioned.

no but come one a ghost house based on cameras and nightvision. and Orlando has had a history basing houses on movies Demon Cantina was based on From Dusks Till Dawn, Run 2 was based on Hostil neither of them had ties to them but were obviously based on those movies and despite what LT house was based on my point is they manage to pull off Paranormal Activty-ish "Villian/Ghost" without resorting to physical characters such the furniture people I heard about.

now on the subject Stitch brought up SZ, need to be revived bad!