Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Wishful Thinking

^from what I read there were plenty of phisycal characters. The only non ghostly figure I read of was the chair. if Orlando was taking inspiration from PA they would have said it(the forsaken), or made I blatantly obvious(demon cantina).i honestly don't think legendary truth has anything to do with PA.

• Like 1

am I the only one who see the conection between the two they obivously didnt make a PA like house (since they also took cues from ghost hunter type shows) but there seems to be some insperation, its house with cameras viewing each room in nightvision plus I believed the ghost had a nightvision'ish glow and to say there cant be a connection cuz it was straight out ghosts and not demons this house came out in 2010 when only the first PA was released the second hit theaters during 2010's run once the house was already completed when PA was considered a "GHOST" movie they didnt reveal it to be a demon (not a ghosts) till mid /close to the end of the first movie (which was marketed as a haunted house movie which in most cases would imply ghost) and lets face it demon or ghost its a haunted house movie (door opening, things getting moved around ect ect.) till at least the 3rd movie when all the satanic/demon/witchcraft plot but my point once again being is LT didnt relay too much on animate characters (I know they had them) by this meaning they had living sheets, chair, statues ect. you can add some of the same principles to a PA

On "Texas Chainsaw 3D":

Personally, much like Jason and Freddy, after 3 visits from Leatherface, I think it's time to give him a break. However, this new film coming out looks like total maze-bait. It's hard to ignore it, especially if it's a hit. Despite whatever environments, scares and etc., I think we should just give it a pass. I love Leatherface and I love the TCM maze this year, as well as the legendary BIB, but I think we need to close this door for a long while again. The crowd eats up the chainsaw scares but we need something a little more new. How about an original house with a chainsaw wielding character? Or we could finally do the maze based on --

The rumored original Klownz and Freakz maze:

Klownz on NY street need a desperate break. Freakz disappeared this year but I think a maze based on them, tied with the klownz, would be totally awesome. Chainsaws from the klownz and classic scares provided by the freakz. It'd be a total carnage warzone in this maze with people screaming their heads off. I think it's time we see this maze!!!

On "Halloween" and It's Possible Return:

Halloween in 09 was AMAZING. However, it was only based on the first film. I think this maze could be revisited and take bits and parts from the other films. Just give us some new locations with Michael Myers wreaking havoc. As much as I liked the original Halloween maze, it was very one note with the locations. Murdy keeps claiming he wants to revisit it and I think it could be time. With Myers only being represented once at HHN, and 3 years ago at that, plus taking the holiday's atmosphere and injecting it into this maze would help put the Halloween back into Halloween Horror Nights like we feel TrT could.

On Freddy & Jason:

Let's keep them buried for another year, or at least until a new film comes out.

On La Llorona:

The memories La Llorona has given me were great, and I'd like to keep it that way. Don't wanna make something so great turn stale with too many repeats. Thanks for the memories La Llorona, I will think of you fondly and you've earned a place in my heart and toward the top of my list as one of the greatest HHN attractions.

On "American Horror Story":

I love the show but I just don't feel like it's going to happen for whatever reason. Just a feeling I get.

On "Sinister":

No. This movie is overrated and sucked. Nothing about it would be scary in a maze.

On "Saw":

One of the biggest properties to hit HHN, could we see a possible return? No. Much like Jigsaw, I'm sure this maze won't be returning for a long while.

On "Insidious":

I think this is the inevitable property we've been staring in the face for the last 2 years. Why wasn't it done this year though? With Murdy buddying up with producer, I'm sure they know what they're doing. They're waiting to strike while the iron is hot. With Insidious 2 hitting theaters in 2013, ladies and gentlemen, lemme provide you almost 90% accurate information when I say that we WILL see this maze in 2013. You heard it here first!

Edited by DTH316

I agree with you on everything you said DTH I can easily see Insidious next year especially with the sequel coming out

And I'd honestly love to see Halloween since I never got to experience it in 09 and Micheal Myers is my all time favorite horror villain

And finally I'm going to say that next year we'll get our first legit Chucky maze (that isn't house of horrors or terror tram) the new movie is gonna come out and it's uni's own property plus Murdy already hinted towards it earlier in the year

The glowing mask had nothing to do with nightvision. They were glowing because...well...they're ghosts, nothing else to it. The cameras, from what ive read, are not really relavent to the overall backstory, they just broadend the idea of gohst hunters being there. The machinery that was focused on apperently was a machine the Spirit Seekers made that "gathers spirits towards you". Even though the living chair and the statue, i dont really see how those could be applyed to PA (besides maybe the shaking sheets). The only character(s) from the films that could actually translate weel into a maze are the witches. Possesed Katie was/is just regular katie with bad teeth. Is a PA maze feasable-to a certain degree, yes. Should it really be the next maze we see compared to other horror movies that would translate wwwwaaaayyy better into a maze-no. Although, if they were able to pull it off...and have it actually be scary, im completly fine. I think it would be really cool if they somehow made it look as if everything is nightvision ala Dead Exposure/House of Horrors

On La Llorona:

The memories La Llorona has given me were great, and I'd like to keep it that way. Don't wanna make something so great turn stale with too many repeats. Thanks for the memories La Llorona, I will think of you fondly and you've earned a place in my heart and toward the top of my list as one of the greatest HHN attractions.

I agree, i hope they keep the same balance 3 original 3 ip. They'll probably continue with legends since they are somewhat known by the general public (please...no slenderman).

I love the show but I just don't feel like it's going to happen for whatever reason. Just a feeling I get.

Dont say that! hahaha. I'm actually getting that same feeling too. In his tweet about it, he just kind of brushed it off, compared to how much praise he was giving the walking dead.

Edited by Ridesandstuff

Klownz on NY street need a desperate break. Freakz disappeared this year but I think a maze based on them, tied with the klownz, would be totally awesome. Chainsaws from the klownz and classic scares provided by the freakz. It'd be a total carnage warzone in this maze with people screaming their heads off. I think it's time we see this maze!!!

Yes! These, and welcome to hell are the best scarezones that ive ever been in. A maze like this would be perfect. Hell, you might even be able to include some characters from Toyz too...if they had some sort of midway games section.

On Freddy & Jason:

Let's keep them buried for another year, or at least until a new film comes out.

On "Sinister":

No. This movie is overrated and sucked. Nothing about it would be scary in a maze.

if we get a Klownz or Freakz maze I dont think they would be connected since they are two way differant concepts were freakz was a freakshow that went bankrupt and had to resort to canabalism to survive and Klownz is basicly a gang of jokers, a gang of thugs dressed as clowns wreaking havoc in new york.

I feel the same way about American Horror Story I just dont see it happening.

Sinister was overrated your giving it too much credit lol horrible movie with a dumb ending.

The glowing mask had nothing to do with nightvision. They were glowing because...well...they're ghosts, nothing else to it. The cameras, from what ive read, are not really relavent to the overall backstory, they just broadend the idea of gohst hunters being there. The machinery that was focused on apperently was a machine the Spirit Seekers made that "gathers spirits towards you". Even though the living chair and the statue, i dont really see how those could be applyed to PA (besides maybe the shaking sheets). The only character(s) from the films that could actually translate weel into a maze are the witches. Possesed Katie was/is just regular katie with bad teeth. Is a PA maze feasable-to a certain degree, yes. Should it really be the next maze we see compared to other horror movies that would translate wwwwaaaayyy better into a maze-no. Although, if they were able to pull it off...and have it actually be scary, im completly fine. I think it would be really cool if they somehow made it look as if everything is nightvision ala Dead Exposure/House of Horrors

look this is how it is, we have had mazes where normal looking people are the scares biggest example was the first SAW maze, the traps were distractions, there were only 2 or 3 pigs in the whole maze and jigsaw only apeared once without his face twords the end alot of the scares that I could remember were the victums fighting back, and here and there you would have victums as scares, hell My Bloody Valentine had just some dude in underware scaring people not only that but Murdy has a sense for stretching out 1 character to fill a maze and pull it off, I only remember 1 dude with the helmet from hostil but that character showed through out the maze more than 1 in the same room even and as there may be movie that are nore qualified PA is a cash cow and realy is the second coming of SAW (new movie every halloween going up to 7, movies they will suck after 3) and I remember when SAW was annoucened as a maze people were talking about how it would never work as a maze and look SAW is still a realy bad movie property with the only good ones being the first 3 or so but hell it made a great maze (not counting Game on -___-) trust me it could be Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber jumping out at you with a knife and some bloodstains and people will still freak the f**k out as long as its done right and Murdy has been able to give top notch mazes every year

if we get a Klownz or Freakz maze I dont think they would be connected since they are two way differant concepts were freakz was a freakshow that went bankrupt and had to resort to canabalism to survive and Klownz is basicly a gang of jokers, a gang of thugs dressed as clowns wreaking havoc in new york.

I feel the same way about American Horror Story I just dont see it happening.

Sinister was overrated your giving it too much credit lol horrible movie with a dumb ending.

look this is how it is, we have had mazes where normal looking people are the scares biggest example was the first SAW maze, the traps were distractions, there were only 2 or 3 pigs in the whole maze and jigsaw only apeared once without his face twords the end alot of the scares that I could remember were the victums fighting back, and here and there you would have victums as scares, hell My Bloody Valentine had just some dude in underware scaring people not only that but Murdy has a sense for stretching out 1 character to fill a maze and pull it off, I only remember 1 dude with the helmet from hostil but that character showed through out the maze more than 1 in the same room even and as there may be movie that are nore qualified PA is a cash cow and realy is the second coming of SAW (new movie every halloween going up to 7, movies they will suck after 3) and I remember when SAW was annoucened as a maze people were talking about how it would never work as a maze and look SAW is still a realy bad movie property with the only good ones being the first 3 or so but hell it made a great maze (not counting Game on -___-) trust me it could be Kim Kardashian and Justin Bieber jumping out at you with a knife and some bloodstains and people will still freak the f**k out as long as its done right and Murdy has been able to give top notch mazes every year

I agree, but i think certain charaters should be scary from the start, instead of having them pop out and making them scary

She'd be getting something pointy toward her, if you catch my draft ;)

*Rimshot* ladys and gentlemen DTH

I agree, but i think certain charaters should be scary from the start, instead of having them pop out and making them scary

some HHN characters havnt beem scary though some have just been people covered in blood and it has worked.

On Chucky:

Chucky has been an HHN staple for years but since 2011, it's been hard to find a way to squeeze him in. In fact, he didn't appear at all that year (the toy room in Talbot Manor doesn't count) and this year, he had a cameo appearance in UMR. Now, Curse of Chucky is coming out and it seems Chucky has a viable reason to appear at HHN again. With Insult Emporium long dead, his Terror Tram attraction being a disaster and his House of Horrors overlay being somewhat decent, where can Chucky fit in for 2013? Considering Curse is a direct to video movie, it's hard to say. Chucky is an iconic horror figure, so DTV status may not matter much. But that begs the question: what's the hold up with Hellraiser? A full blown Chucky maze seems kinda unlikely, and a bit hard to pull off cast-wise unless there's a "shrinking down" or "growing up Chucky" gimmick. However, with all the other slashers getting their time to shine, I think it's time we see Chucky get a maze of his own with scenes throughout the franchise. It just seems like a hard sale, but if Murdy can pull it off, I think it'd be a welcome addition to the line up ESPECIALLY if we hit 7 mazes next year. But IF NOT a maze, than what? The return of Insult Emporium seems like the next logical step since it'll have been 4 and a half events in between his last showing. Have things cooled down? Whatever the case, Murdy made it quite clear that Chucky will play a part in next year's HHN and I think that's something to look forward to.

On Theme & Icons:

I'm glad theme semi-returned this year, and I think it needs to continue to return. Even if it's little, like this year, I'll be happy. As for Icons, I don't care much. Marketing icon is obvious, but an actual person running the show doesn't make much of a difference to me.

On "The Collector/The Collection":

The first film was on a lot of people's radars a few years ago and the new one will probably have it's fans, but I'm pretty sure we won't see this at HHN - ever.

On "The Exorcist":

Like TrT, we've been anticipating this for too long. And every year, it seems like we get closer and closer to it. I have high hopes, but I'm doubtful it'll happen. I'm also not sure if it even SHOULD happen.

On "Conjuring":

The director of Saw, Dead Silence and Insidious' new film hits theaters in 2013. And again, like Insidious, it's about spirits lingering in a house. It already has some good buzz surrounding it, saying it'll be the next big horror movie. With connections to HHN already, a possible Insidious maze and maze-bait potential, if the iron strikes hot enough, I think this could potentially be a maze we see in 2013.

On "Lords of Salem":

Ah, some of us have forgotten about this one, haven't we? Things have been quiet on this front but that shouldn't stop us from keeping an eye on it for 2013. Zombie has ties with HHN and I think he'll come crawling back to promote his new flick. And why not? As long as the vision is original and scary enough, I think this is something we could be excited about.

Dead Space: With the third game coming out next year, I can see how you could be championing it... And the game is scary as hell! But IMO I don't think we will see Dead Space come to HHN, if it ever does, until the live action movie moves outta production limbo and comes to theaters.

Hatchet and Trick r' Treat: I love the Hachet series. Great throw back to 70's-80's American slasher films. And the third film comes out next year. The downside is that the series has had festival runs and very limited theater runs before their DVD release, and as a result has had very little exposure. While it has a following, it remains pretty unknown to most movie audiences. The flip side is that all of this could be said of Trick r' Treat, which has even been said by John Murdy to be something they would love to do. Either way, I don't think we will be seeing either next year.

Evil Dead & Cabin In The Woods: I still strongly think we won't be seeing Evil Dead at HHN after the events that happened this year, at least not next in 2013. I think the closest thing we will realistically see is Cabin In The Woods, which would continue HHN Hollywood's relationship with Lionsgate.

Resident Evil: Resident Evil would be awesome... If based on the games, NOT the movies... This might just be my hatered for the movies coming out, but yeah... I hate the movie. LOVE the games, hate the movies. And seeing as this years Silent Hill was based more on the movie universe, I think if we see Resident Evil it will follow the same route. So, while there is a pretty good chance of seeing RE, I'd rather didn't do it if they go the movie route.

Alien: Needs To Happen! Enough said.

The Walking Dead: yeah, they just about nailed this years maze... This is probably the only ip I would really love to see return next year.

Edited by Stitch_101
  • Like 1

I feel that next year murdy should really push for our first long awaited soundstage house

It is clear now that the event has grown and become a profit machine. It is something everyone talks about now out here in LA, the event sold out numerous nights days before the day of the event and uni should realize this and take the next big step into growing HHN

I feel that next year murdy should really push for our first long awaited soundstage house

It is clear now that the event has grown and become a profit machine. It is something everyone talks about now out here in LA, the event sold out numerous nights days before the day of the event and uni should realize this and take the next big step into growing HHN

I agree, and that was one thing I noticed at HHN Hollywood vs. what I've seen at HHN Orlando, was that the mazes overall didn't really seem as overall big in scope (some set and facade size, although detail really was great) as the mazes I've seen in the soundstages in Orlando.

Edited by Stitch_101

First off hope y'all had a great Halloween day/night! I can't believe its over after a great year in my opinion but on to 2013! We all know HHNH is known for bringing back a maze or theme back for next year and I've been thinkin about what would return, I'm cool with repeats Aslong as it has some changes like La Llorona. That being said I wouldn't mind The Walking Dead to return it was an amazing maze! Only thing I really want to see is the Prison from this new season! Umm Alice Cooper we all know probably a 3rd one will happen! I had an idea thinking of like a cross between Alice Cooper and Alice In Wonderland theme, that would be sweet! As for the others I doubt Silent Hill will be back and TCM probably maybe the new flick coming this January, and that's cool with me! Ok I'm done :)

On Chucky:

Chucky has been an HHN staple for years but since 2011, it's been hard to find a way to squeeze him in. In fact, he didn't appear at all that year (the toy room in Talbot Manor doesn't count) and this year, he had a cameo appearance in UMR. Now, Curse of Chucky is coming out and it seems Chucky has a viable reason to appear at HHN again. With Insult Emporium long dead, his Terror Tram attraction being a disaster and his House of Horrors overlay being somewhat decent, where can Chucky fit in for 2013? Considering Curse is a direct to video movie, it's hard to say. Chucky is an iconic horror figure, so DTV status may not matter much. But that begs the question: what's the hold up with Hellraiser? A full blown Chucky maze seems kinda unlikely, and a bit hard to pull off cast-wise unless there's a "shrinking down" or "growing up Chucky" gimmick. However, with all the other slashers getting their time to shine, I think it's time we see Chucky get a maze of his own with scenes throughout the franchise. It just seems like a hard sale, but if Murdy can pull it off, I think it'd be a welcome addition to the line up ESPECIALLY if we hit 7 mazes next year. But IF NOT a maze, than what? The return of Insult Emporium seems like the next logical step since it'll have been 4 and a half events in between his last showing. Have things cooled down? Whatever the case, Murdy made it quite clear that Chucky will play a part in next year's HHN and I think that's something to look forward to.

On "The Exorcist":

Like TrT, we've been anticipating this for too long. And every year, it seems like we get closer and closer to it. I have high hopes, but I'm doubtful it'll happen. I'm also not sure if it even SHOULD happen.

On "Lords of Salem":

Ah, some of us have forgotten about this one, haven't we? Things have been quiet on this front but that shouldn't stop us from keeping an eye on it for 2013. Zombie has ties with HHN and I think he'll come crawling back to promote his new flick. And why not? As long as the vision is original and scary enough, I think this is something we could be excited about.

I want Chucky to finaly have his full fledge maze but with the new movie being a direct to DVD, the epic fails that were Chucky's Revenge and Chucky's Funhouse I have a gut feeling we are not gonna see a Chucky maze ora good chucky maze anytime soon.

The Exorcist I think has the same problem TrT has and that being Warner Bros. if you notice those are the only two WB movies we have asked for and those have been toe two Murdy has wanted the most and been fighting for the longest and yet to no results, the whole "it's not known enough" excuse is the equivilant of tell a kid that their dog went to live on a farm. It just seems that WB might be the problem.

Lords Of Salam might the second Maze for 2013 Im siding with DTH

I think the crazies would be a good property to use for a maze

The Walking Dead- Based off of how much people liked the maze this year and how it's attracting so many people to HHN, it's pretty much a sure thing we'll be seeing a new maze based off the prison next year. Being a huge TWD fan I can't wait for that!

Resident Evil- Hope we see this at HHN sometime soon but more material from the games. And hopefully John can actually play the games or even watch the walk throughs on Youtube since it doesn't seem like he did even that much with Silent Hill.

Evil Dead- This NEEDS to be at HHN soon! Original or remake, John can do this property justice!

Video games: Dead Space!!!!! Hope to either see Alien or Dead Space next year. Any sci fi alien based maze next year would make me happy. Lol

Cabin in the Woods- Either Terror Tram or a maze but it would be sick either way!

I'll try to think of more that I'd love to see at HHN later. Lol

Resident Evil: Resident Evil would be awesome... If based on the games, NOT the movies... This might just be my hatered for the movies coming out, but yeah... I hate the movie. LOVE the games, hate the movies. And seeing as this years Silent Hill was based more on the movie universe, I think if we see Resident Evil it will follow the same route. So, while there is a pretty good chance of seeing RE, I'd rather didn't do it if they go the movie route.

The Walking Dead: yeah, they just about nailed this years maze... This is probably the only ip I would really love to see return next year.

I think since Walking Dead is already in the bag already we can say goodbye to any other Zombie Property this year RE had a perfect time to been used with a new movie and 3 new games so most likely we wont see a RE till the new movie is released so Im giving it 2014, and just FYI Silent Hill was based off the games not the movie since mostly all the creatures minus Dark Alessa, Pyramid Head and the nurses are from Silent Hill Downpour there were some aspects from the movie but those aspects were taken out of the games they just used the maze to promote the movie.

as for Insidouse/Paranormal IDK maybe it's my cartoon hate for Insidouse (I realy think its overrated) I hope and can see a PA happening more then a Insidouse

My prediction list for this year

Walking Dead: Fear The Living

Lords Of Salam

Paranormal Activity

what Im Wishing for

Walking Dead

Trick r Treat

An American Werewolf

I want Chucky to finaly have his full fledge maze but with the new movie being a direct to DVD, the epic fails that were Chucky's Revenge and Chucky's Funhouse I have a gut feeling we are not gonna see a Chucky maze ora good chucky maze anytime soon.

The Exorcist I think has the same problem TrT has and that being Warner Bros. if you notice those are the only two WB movies we have asked for and those have been toe two Murdy has wanted the most and been fighting for the longest and yet to no results, the whole "it's not known enough" excuse is the equivilant of tell a kid that their dog went to live on a farm. It just seems that WB might be the problem.

Lords Of Salam might the second Maze for 2013 Im siding with DTH

I think since Walking Dead is already in the bag already we can say goodbye to any other Zombie Property this year RE had a perfect time to been used with a new movie and 3 new games so most likely we wont see a RE till the new movie is released so Im giving it 2014, and just FYI Silent Hill was based off the games not the movie since mostly all the creatures minus Dark Alessa, Pyramid Head and the nurses are from Silent Hill Downpour there were some aspects from the movie but those aspects were taken out of the games they just used the maze to promote the movie.

as for Insidouse/Paranormal IDK maybe it's my cartoon hate for Insidouse (I realy think its overrated) I hope and can see a PA happening more then a Insidouse

My prediction list for this year

Walking Dead: Fear The Living

Lords Of Salam

Paranormal Activity

what Im Wishing for

Walking Dead

Trick r Treat

An American Werewolf

About Silent Hill... Dark Alessa, Pyramid head and the nurses were the driving force and most memorable moments behind the maze, and Alessa herself isn't in the games. The story of Alessa is the focal point of the maze, from the school house to her body on the hospital bed. So how then is the maze based on the games? And there were many nods to the first Silent Hill movie as well... The janitor in the bathroom for example. I've played all the Silent Hill games, and in my own opinion, the maze reflected more of the movies then it did the games.

About Silent Hill... Dark Alessa, Pyramid head and the nurses were the driving force and most memorable moments behind the maze, and Alessa herself isn't in the games. The story of Alessa is the focal point of the maze, from the school house to her body on the hospital bed. So how then is the maze based on the games? And there were many nods to the first Silent Hill movie as well... The janitor in the bathroom for example. I've played all the Silent Hill games, and in my own opinion, the maze reflected more of the movies then it did the games.

Because John said he was taking aspects from the games AND movie. But your right he took way more material from the movie, if any from the game. He even said he had a game designer help him throughout when he was creating the maze, which sounds like a load of crap.

And next year this event better expand big time after all the sold out nights. AT LEAST 3 shows and 8 mazes. But knowing how companies are when it comes down to spending some extra money, who knows what'll happen.

Edited by shark23