Restriced Area Pictures & Video

Restricted Area Media  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should they be posted on HNN and other Sites?

• No
    • Yes

This is one of the biggest debates that seem to pop up every year. With the latest round of 'behind the scenes' construction pictures and videos making there way around the internet now, and sites such as CSW and HNN now banning any such links to pictures and videos of Restricted Areas I figured it's time to take it to the members.

I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on this issue. HOWEVER, please keep this mature and respectful, there will be no member bashing. It is safe to debate back and forth if you have a clear point to make, but again.. do it in a mature manner.

If it gets out of hand, the thread will be locked.

While I don't condone or recommend doing this, I voted yes. No matter how many times you try to tell these people that sneaking into restricted areas is wrong, dangerous, illegal, there is always gonna be someone who is dumb enough to do it. With that being said, as long as the pictures are posted in the designated threads then it shouldn't be a problem, that way the people who wanna see the pics can go there to do such and the people who don't want anything "spoiled" shouldn't be in a construction thread in the first place.

I voted yes. If Universal really didnt want anything leaked then why don't they post Security there. I mean seriously for someone to sneak all the way to the sound-stage and not be seen, then uni must not care. Better yet put a F%#king Lock on the damn door and actually LOCK it. Then there would'nt even be a need for discussion. so all in all im 50/50 on it. :)

I voted yes. People will always try to get pictures from restricted areas. They are putting themselves in danger, and they will do so whether or not they are allowed to post those pictures here. Allowing those pictures to be posted here does not in any way endorse this rule-breaking behavior. People want to see these pictures(me included), and it would be great if we could see them here.

I also voted yes. If people want to take that very serious risk, knock yourselves out, but don't complain to us when you get caught. I would NEVER take the risk but I love seeing the pictures every year.

I voted yes as well. If you get knocked on the head by a loose board, all you can say is that you did this at your own risk.

I voted no.

It's ultimately the decision of the site owner, of course, but if I owned the site, I would not allow it since the pictures are obtained illegally. I wish Universal would take better measures to protect their stuff. Knowing our society, some idiot will sneak in a house under construction, get hurt, and sue for injuries. Plus, I have absolutely no interest in seeing construction, blueprint, prop pictures ahead of time. Last year, someone sent me a bunch of stuff, and it seriously took away from opening weekend. I don't like spoiler information.

Edited by Michele

I voted no.

It's ultimately the decision of the site owner, of course, but if I owned the site, I would not allow it since the pictures are obtained illegally. I wish Universal would take better measures to protect their stuff. Knowing our society, some idiot will sneak in a house under construction, get hurt, and sue for injuries. Plus, I have absolutely no interest in seeing construction, blueprint, prop pictures ahead of time. Last year, someone sent me a bunch of stuff, and it seriously took away from opening weekend. I don't like spoiler information.

I agree with you, looking at the stuff that was up last year took away from the event, i dont mind seeing street construction but houses and such i want nothing to do with

• 6 months later...

I voted yes... Being that I have been a huge factor in this for 2006, 2007, and 2008... and then a few this year. My thought on it is if it is accesible then its fair game. Having said that last year got way too crazy and I feel a lot of that is my fault. As a result, after my initial shots I did not do it again.

So it is a mixed subject for me. However, if there are said pics... then I'm all about them... Just can't condone the taking of them.

Will I do it again? My wife says no... But in reality? I honestly don't know.

Edited by JWFearman

• 2 weeks later...

This seems to be a fairly faded line to walk on.

First, I love seeing backstage photos and construction photos. Its just the way I am. But what I don't like is knowing how they were obtained or who obtained them. Plausible deniability, if you will.

So now the reason I voted no was the fact that I don't want to see anyone get hurt. I know thats not going to stop anyone from getting the pics but I also voted no because I don't want this site or any of its owners to get into trouble from some pics that were posted.

I very rarely ever look at any of the pictures or video that people obtain prior to the event opening, simply because I like to be surprised on opening night. That being said, I also don't begrudge the fact that many people love to see the progression of the event through photos and video, but I do worry about the issue of these images being obtained illegally or in a haphazard manner.

But if the individuals who take on the risk of getting these photos/video ever get caught and/or injured in the process, it's not as if they can claim they weren't potentially expecting either.

What is sad is I wont put it past UO if they start leaking pic or video.. hell we had a sneek in video with b&t this past yr and it was a fan favorite.

Why is it sad? It may cub people doing such things. Of course the adrenaline junkies who do it bacause its wrong.. there no hope for them.

Edited by JWFearman

What is sad is I wont put it past UO if they start leaking pic or video.. hell we had a sneek in video with b&t this past yr and it was a fan favorite.

Why is it sad? It may cub people doing such things. Of course the adrenaline junkies who do it bacause its wrong.. there no hope for them.

I believe this is why Universal did this. Having Bill and Ted "sneak" into a House was basically a shot at all the ones who try it each year. If Universal continues this trend, I guess they hope less people will try it themselves.

I believe this is why Universal did this. Having Bill and Ted "sneak" into a House was basically a shot at all the ones who try it each year. If Universal continues this trend, I guess they hope less people will try it themselves.

When the company that runs the event starts "leaking" videos, it pretty much negates the need for people to try and replicate the process. And like Mark said, disuades other people from trying it...simply because Universal has all access to film and leak whatever they want...the average Joe's video isn't going to provide nearly the "sneak peak" that a corporate one will.

• 2 months later...

I don't care. This has been going on forever now and if Universal really cared enough, they would enforce stronger security measures. It's almost as if they want us sneaking around, leaking information, and getting everyone hyped. ;)

If Universal didnt want pictures and video of the behind the scenes stuff to leak they would make sure none are being taken. As I have worked out there and other places it isnt that hard to restrict it. A simple bag search for that area would take care of it. Of course you can never stop the use of phones. Universal isnt stupid either they know it helps generate hype for the up comming event.

Edited by Silent Assassin

i voted yes i wouldn't mind if universal was the one leaking the photos but then it wouldn't really be leaking then would it idk i have mix feelings about this i like the pics but at the same time its not worth the risk