Restriced Area Pictures & Video

Restricted Area Media  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Should they be posted on HNN and other Sites?

• No
    • Yes

I vote yes. Because I LOVE that sort of stuff. LOVE it. Of course, I'm not going to bust my ass to actually DO it, but hey, if someone wants to get banned or arrested for my entertainment, hell, more power to 'em.

MY big beef is with in-house video. WHY oh WHY doesn't Universal make professionally shot walkthrough videos of their houses, the way that Knotts Scary farm does? The houses change every year, so it isn't like they're giving anything away...in fact, since the houses do change, once a house is finished for the year it is gone forever, never to be seen again. At this point, I really don't see the downside in releasing a DVD of that years's houses, zones, and shows as a keepsake for the fans who attended and a document of the event for those who couldn't make it. I'd buy the hell out of it. You would too.

I vote yes. Because I LOVE that sort of stuff. LOVE it. Of course, I'm not going to bust my ass to actually DO it, but hey, if someone wants to get banned or arrested for my entertainment, hell, more power to 'em.

MY big beef is with in-house video. WHY oh WHY doesn't Universal make professionally shot walkthrough videos of their houses, the way that Knotts Scary farm does? The houses change every year, so it isn't like they're giving anything away...in fact, since the houses do change, once a house is finished for the year it is gone forever, never to be seen again. At this point, I really don't see the downside in releasing a DVD of that years's houses, zones, and shows as a keepsake for the fans who attended and a document of the event for those who couldn't make it. I'd buy the hell out of it. You would too.

I too have often wondered why they never put together DVD keepsakes for the fans; you know they could make some serious cash by doing so! And let's face it, when has a theme park in Orlando not marketed the hell out of something to make some additional dinero?

We had a video crew come through Dracula during the last week of the event. I asked my ASM what it was for and he said they film some of the house for their archive.

Take it for what its worth.

While I do not have a problem with viewing restricted area pictures themselves, I have a problem with what is necessary to take them. People who go backstage run the risk of either injury (hint: walking through active construction sites with a bare head and flip-flops is hardly a smart idea, even in Florida) or being arrested and trespassed from the park.

Allowing people to post photos taken illegally and possibly dangerously only encourages such behavior, and it can be guaranteed that some of the fingers will be pointing in our direction when someone is inevitably caught or trips and busts his head open on the equipment.